RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

» Flying Blind, Nyles Schultz, Michael Graham
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 08:40 PM
Liquor/Alcohol Entrepreneur
Bisexual
Single
37 posts
270 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

The day hadn’t started off the way Nyles wished it to. There were no plans, no meetings, no nothing. All she wanted to do was go back to Aquivis and swim in the ocean, maybe fish a little bit. Unfortunately a Gold had decided that they would, in fact, order a last-minute order for some little soiree they were having because why the hell not.

As much as Nyles wanted to say ‘life sucks then you die’ in response she couldn’t get too sassy with them. Not with the amount they wanted and the amount she was going to be raking in. Getting a Blue last-minute was always a bit of a bitch. Those that were the best were usually snatched up first or practically claimed by Golds. All she knew about the one that had agreed to the job was that they were a man, and their name began with M.

The Silver wasn’t exactly sure what kind of a person she was going to be having as the pilot, but at that point she didn’t quite give a shit. Some Browns loaded the shipment, a couple Grays stalking about like the tough kids they were. It was a bit of a flurry of events and it was only when Nyles sat down for the initial that she was able to take a breather. Pulling up her DataPad she’d begin to look through her checklist. Cargo loaded? Check. Ship flying? Check. Greys? Check. Blue? Well, hopefully since they were FLYING now.

She’d wait until the all clear was given before moving about the ship freely. The plan was to size up the Blue, see just who they had given her to work with. After all it was pretty important to see just who had your life in their hands. Nyles would give a knock of warning on the pilot’s door before letting it slide open, leaning against the doorway. She had a view of the back of the captain’s chair, stars swirling and sparkling from the glass just beyond it.

Space was something that she’d never got used to seeing: she remembered her first real trip with her parents. Her toddling around the ship trying to get into everything, and having her face glued to glass when she wasn’t. Nudging the thoughts to the back of her head she’d cross her arms. “So, you’re my pilot for the day. Bet you’re just as thrilled for this last-minute adventure as I am.” Nyles said in a dry tone. “Didn’t get a chance to give or get a proper introduction. Nyles Schultz. You?” Hopefully the man wouldn't be as pissy as she was: everyone hated sudden missions.

--------

MICHAEL GRAHAM
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 03:49 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
171 posts
445 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Blindingly into Space
Most people would complain about extra work, but Michael didn’t mind. In truth, he was happiest when he was in outer space, taking care of a ship and letting his senses expand with his connection. He had been on shore leave, the Viper was up for maintenance that would last a good few weeks after they had an unfortunate encounter with an asteroid. Michael would always say they were all supposed to be dead if it wasn’t for his excellent piloting. The issue was, he didn’t mind a break every now and then, but three or so weeks was just way too much, halfway through week two he was already feeling twitchy.

So when he was called to fill in for some emergency delivery for some silver businessperson, he all but grabbed it with his two hands and hissed at everyone who tried to pry it from him, not literally though, thankfully. It was one of the most boring jobs, something that usually would be placed on pilots fresh out of the blue training grounds, and it was sudden as well, the kind of job most blues would be groaning and complaining.

As expected, the departure had been smooth, the ship was not the newest model, nor the best, especially for someone used to the Viper, but for such a simple trip it would be enough. Michael hadn’t even bothered to meet the crew, he said hello to the navigator and that was it, he didn’t even meet the Silver who was in charge of everything, and that was fine to him, as long as he didn’t have to deal with idiots he was happy.

It was a few hours after they left when Michael felt more than heard someone approaching his cabin. He was connected to the ship still, the route was unfamiliar enough that he’d rather manually pilot until he was completely sure there were no space trash or surprise black holes in their way. He didn’t acknowledge the person until she spoke, and only then he realized it was a woman, or at least a person with a female sounding voice. Michael shrugged. “It’s not the worst job ever” He answered casually. “I just hope the piece of trash old ship will last till the end” He couldn’t help but add, he didn’t even know if the ship belonged to the silver, he didn’t think so, Silvers didn’t make good captains. “I’m Graham. But you should know if you read my files. How does a Silver lead ship?”

jaaclaine @ epifania

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 12:43 AM
Bisexual
Single
37 posts
270 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

“It’s not the worst job ever” Ok, good so far. Nyles could agree that there were much worse things out there, like driving the ships that transported garbage. He didn't seem upset about being tugged on last minute. Looks like there wouldn't be a problem between-- “I just hope the piece of trash old ship will last till the end” Oh? Oooh. The corner of the blonde's lips twitched a bit, feeling the slightest hint of an irritated smile beginning to bloom.

"Graham," The name left her lips calmly. "You should know, if you read MY files." There came the response to his question, turning his words back at him. "So sorry that I don't have all the glamour that your ships have-- oh wait. That would suggest that you own your own ships. Silly me." Nyles clicked her tongue, tapping her cheek in a faux innocent fashion, not that he'd see since he was facing the other direction. This was off to a GRAND start. "Any other complaints? I'll make sure next time to cater to my next Blue's whims, you know, instead of what I need to get my job done."

------------

MICHAEL GRAHAM
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 06:36 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
171 posts
445 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Blindingly into Space
Oh wonderful, the silver captain had a mouth to her. His lip twitched down. “Your files didn’t hold my attention, too much useless trivia about alcohol” He said, which told her that he did listen her file a little bit, just not enough to get the whole backstory, he got bored, what could he say?

“I don’t need to own a ship to get my comforts, so who’s really losing here? I saw the bedroom, there barely enough space to stand without bumping into something.” Or it didn’t if you are blind and in an unfamiliar place. “Don’t you know that to keep the ship working well the crew has to be happy? Otherwise there’ll be mutiny” Says the guy who makes everyone’s lives a little more miserable, but nobody here knew that.

jaaclaine @ epifania

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 07:45 PM
Bisexual
Single
37 posts
270 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

"So, I'm not interesting enough for you? Fair enough. Though I'm sure wishing I had some extra alcohol on hand so that I could drink enough to feel remotely interested in you." Nyles said with a sharpened tone. The two were getting along like oil and water: this was going to be a nice, fun trip.

A brow was raised as Michael brought up the bedroom. "Creeping on the bedroom are you? Hope you're not looking to get something there because sweet heart there is not enough booze in the world..." More criticism over her leadership skills made her finally snap. "If this were a long trip then there'd be more crew accommodations." She'd begin her little tirade. "Crew is happy with payment. Payment is given when work is done. Work is done when get to the drop-site. We get to the drop-site when you stop running your mouth and actually PILOT this thing, so why don't you do your damn job?" As she spoke she'd grab hold of his chair, jerking it in a sharp motion so that it'd spin, now having him face her.

Looking someone in the eyes when she fought was a big thing for Nyles. It took a moment to register what was 'off' about Michael. The way he gazed forward as if he were looking through her rather than at, his eyes being a milky green... There was a sudden silence before she'd had another explosion, though this one was more of shock than anger. "ARE YOU BLIND AND FLYING MY SHIP?! Are you SHITTING me?!" Was he even capable of it, or was he just some random hobo that decided 'fuck it I'm flying a ship let me just waltz up in here while everyone's busy' AND WANTED TO CRASH THEM INTO THE FUCKING PLANET. She knew that people could 'see' through the ship but didn't that require EYESIGHT?

-----------

MICHAEL GRAHAM
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 03:12 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
171 posts
445 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Blindingly into Space
“Do I look like I care if you’re interested in me? Because I could think of dozens of things that I care more than that, including but not limited to the growth rate of grass and how many offspring the Nix from planet Ghillain can have in one year.” That was his way of saying literally anything else.

“I looked to eventually get some sleep there? No matter how amazing you think us blues are, we still have basic needs like food and sleep, so yeah, I checked my sleeping quarters.” He sneered, though not once he glanced in her direction, his continued to face forward, it made no difference to him and it was easier to control the ship like that. “And what do you think I’m doing glowing like a damn beacon? I don’t do it for aesthetics” He was sure others did though, he’d heard of fake digitats before, though he hadn’t seen how legit they looked, for obvious reasons.

He was forced to face her then, if there was one thing Michael hated was people manhandling him without warning, he could never see it coming, it was disorienting. He didn’t even know where to turn his face at, so he ended looking more to her right than he silver captain (he still found that title hilarious, secretly).

He didn’t get to complain, because suddenly the woman was screaming in his face, about his blindness. His mood immediately plunged and he scowled at her. “Fuck you!” He said bluntly. He wasn’t some token dammit. “I’m the best goddamn pilot you could ever get to fly this piece of shit ship in such short notice! You should be thanking me that you got someone so good to do it! This is a job for a trainee barely out of the training grounds!”

jaaclaine @ epifania

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 12:33 AM
Bisexual
Single
37 posts
270 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

"No, fuck YOU." Nyles snapped back immediately, the words coming out of her mouth as if they were shot out of a canon. "How the hell are you even FLYING this thing?! I get that 'oooh you're hooked up to the ship and you ARE the ship and blahblahblah' BUT HOW DO YOU SEE WITHOUT EYES?" No doubt he was going to give her some sarcastic-filled, half-ass answer. She'd waggled her fingers around sarcastically before balling them back up into fists. "You know what, I don't care. I just don't care. Turn this on autopilot or so help me god I will HELP you turn it on. I know what button that is so don't even start."

The blonde was shoving the chair to force it to turn to the left, moving on the right side to lean over the controls. "How about you just go sit in your god damn room, if you're done bitching about it, and let a real pilot drive." The pilot being the autopilot of course. While the ship could certainly make it to the destination marked, if there were any mishaps or asteroid fields then things would get quite a bit dicey.

----------------------------------------

MICHAEL GRAHAM
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 05:27 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
171 posts
445 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Blindingly into Space
Oh. My. Gods. This woman was unbelievable. “Did you go to flight school? Are you secretly a blue who suddenly knows more than me about spaceship piloting?? I know what the hell I'm doing, and I doubt your silver glittered brain could even comprehend if I gave you the step by step”

She was insufferable, and she barely seem to listen to what he was saying. “What do you mean you don't care!!? I'm not turning autopilot. Do you think there would be blues if the autopilot was good for anything but straight flight that can't even predict basic issues? You're gonna kill us all with your stupid ideas!”

He felt his chair moving and suddenly he had a person all over his controls, bumping in who knows what. Michael immediately tried to push her away, mindless of how he was pushing her. It felt like a face though. “Get off, you'll press something you shouldn't. I'm your real goddam pilot, get out before I space you myself!!”

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 12:06 AM
Bisexual
Single
37 posts
270 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

"No and no. SURPRISINGLY I'm smart enough to know what fucking button turns on autopilot. You know, because I can SEE it." Nyles hissed angrily. "This 'silver glittered brain' has plenty enough to worry about without your ass making life more difficult." The blonde was being careful not to press any other buttons, keeping herself lifted up some to prevent any accidental chest-bumps with god knows what button.

Just as she found the autopilot button her view was suddenly obscured by a hand, feeling his fingers dig into her temples and palm press against her nose. "You did NOT just fucking grab my face." Nyles grabbed at his wrist and gave a sharp yank at it. His hand was pulled down for her to sink her teeth between his index finger and thumb, biting down enough to definitely leave a mark before letting go. Nyles kept her hold on his wrist the best she could, attempting to drag him out of the seat.

MICHAEL GRAHAM
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 04:30 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
171 posts
445 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Blindingly into Space
In Michael’s defense he didn’t know where he was grabbing, a face by the shape of it, but it could very well have been her breasts and it’d been just as accidental. He didn’t regret it for a second, everything was fair to push this madwoman away from his console, she’d cause them to crash at this rate. “I won’t grab anything if you piss off and let me do my job!!!” He tried to pull his hand from her grip immediately, but it wasn’t enough to avoid the sudden pain. He shouted and pulled his hand even more, trying to hit the woman as reflex more than anything.

“You bit me?? What the actual fuck, you ignorant savage branless dog!!” He dug his feet around his console and refused to move even as she pulled him. “STOP! Let go of me you. If you stopped to use the rotten formless mass you have inside your head for half a second you’d realize I’m fully qualified and I was sent through official means, STOP!” He tried kicking her legs, but damn, he was blind.

jaaclaine @ epifania

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 02:35 AM
Bisexual
Single
37 posts
270 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

The swing he'd taken after the bite connected with her temple, making the blonde give a grunt of pain. The two seemed to be in an endless cycle of insults and slaps. "Ooh, yeah, I'm the brainless one in this equation! I can't tell who's more of a dumb ass, the people who sent you to fly my god damn ship or YOU for thinking I'd LET you."

Nyles touched the side of her head briefly wondering if it'd bruise before his foot came sailing at her for a kick. It missed her knee by a long shot but it was the thought that counted. One hand grabbed onto his ankle to give it a sharp jerk, lifting it awkwardly into the air to the best of her ability. Her forehead slammed against his as her voice lowered. "Now you listen here you little shit head," Her voice cut off by a sudden loud beeping from the ship itself.

Turning her head she'd look toward the screen to see a warning: 'Foreign Objects Detected Ahead - Collision Avoidance Engaged'. "Ohhh motherFUUUCKkk--" That was all she got out of her mouth before the ship would do a sudden jerk, sending the Silver rolling across the floor with a loud grunt. Right as she got back on her hands and knees she'd go sailing the other way, sliding around on her stomach like a penguin as curses poured forth.

--------------

MICHAEL GRAHAM
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 05:44 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
171 posts
445 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Blindingly into Space
Their little scuffle was getting downright ridiculous. Michael was no willing to back down though, he wouldn’t let any stupid glitterbrain silver dictate what he could and couldn’t do. He was a better blue than many veteran pilots that created roots in their ships while shaking his cane at the young people making piloting a better art than it already was.

Michael kept trying to kick and hit the silver as best as he could, but he was a blind idiot and not even half of his tries landed. He could at least say it was immensely satisfying everytime it did though.

But then…. Everything went to shit. Michael more felt than heard the warning signs, his digitats glowing as the warning lights all came on and he scrambled to see what the hell was wrong with the piece of junk ship. The ship was nowhere near as sensitive as Viper, and it didn’t have all the accommodations that made Michael’s life easier, still relying mostly on visual cues that were useless to him. But That was Why Michael was hooked up to the systems, he didn’t need cues when he could feel what the ship itself felt.

Between the warning sounding and Michael reacting there was a split second. It wasn’t pretty, he had to forcefully jerk the ship sideways so they wouldn’t hit the meteorite head on. They still got hit however, the ship jerked and Michael felt a dozen more warnings flood his mind. He half fell from his chair, getting winded with the impact and momentarily losing connection with the ship “FUCK. Look what you did you absolute moron!” He raged as he got back in position as fast as he could while trying to both activate the emergency measures and take the limping ship out of the path of the smaller meteorites that were still coming at them. “If come at me telling to not pilot this ship we’re all gonna die, so keep your mouth shut while I do my job here.”

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 04:18 AM
Bisexual
Single
37 posts
270 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

There was an audible 'THUMP' as Nyles slammed backwards into one of the walls as the ship swerved out of immediate danger. For a moment she couldn't tell if the static was coming from the damaged Comms system or if it was part of her imagination from the head trauma she'd no doubt just gotten. The (other) asshole's voice finally came through, the word moron making her lip twitch. "Fuck off." That as all the feisty Silver could manage to spit out, a low growl as she held the back of her head and leaned forward some. It looked like Michael had won the fight for now as she slowly drew herself into a standing position, long enough to flop unceremoniously in the co-pilot's seat.

It was hard to decide what made her angrier: the damage the ship underwent, or the fact that some cocky, dick-headed, blind bastard (she was only a little salty) actually managed to prove her wrong and make her look like a (bigger) asshole. Glowers were shot at the back of his head as an uncomfortable silence fell over the ship. Every now and then the ship would tilt side to side to dodge a meteorite, the field slowly beginning to thin out as they reached the edge of it. "Well aren't you just a wonderful pilot." She'd finally speak after it seemed as though they were out of the danger zone, pulling herself out of the chair with a grunt. "I'm getting a fucking drink. I'm too sober for this. What do you want." Nyles touched the back of her head again and cringed. Oh, yeah, there'd definitely be a lump for that, but she'd no doubt deserved it in some cosmic way.

----------

MICHAEL GRAHAM
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 02:27 AM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
171 posts
445 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Blindingly into Space
He felt more than heard the silver plopping on the copilot’s seat. He sure hoped she wasn’t getting any ideas of piloting the death machine, he didn’t need a silver who knew nothing about piloting getting in the way while he tried to swerve the ship out of the way of the space rocks.

Thankfully she didn’t touch the controls, she just sat the buffing at him and probably making faces that made her ugly face look even uglier (that was the story he told himself at least, and nothing could prove him wrong). Soon enough the meteorites thinned out until there was none left and the ship sailed smoothly through space. Michael gave a relieved sigh. “Fuck yeah I’m a wonderful pilot.” He answered. Wasn’t she one salty little silver? She should be thanking him.

“What, you gonna drink the supplies you’re supposed to sell? Can I get… uhh, do you have alien booze?” Alien food and drinks were always the best surprises.

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:11 AM
Bisexual
Single
37 posts
270 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

"You think I'm really going to go flying across outer space without extra booze on hand? Trust me. Golds love to bullshit you when you bring them what they want." She rubbed her temples before her voice took a fake, whiny voice. " 'Oh but I actually wanted MORE' or 'You brought stuff I didn't order right?' like I'm supposed to be able to read fucking minds." Then again as a Blue he was more than likely used to being ordered around by Golds and listening to their whining when things didn't go their way. Sad.

Nyles gave herself another few moments to ensure that the wobbliness of a slight head injury wore off. "Yes, I have alien stuff. You've probably been drinking my stuff without even knowing it if you're asking about it." Not too many brands she knew of actually messed with alien fruits. A nice, niche market for her to capitalize on.

She'd leave the room and make her way back to the cargo bay. Thank god that everything was strapped down and protected all to hell. No doubt there were going to be some broken bottles from their little incident, but not as bad as what it would have been with pallets of booze flying around all willynilly.

Nyles looked up at one of the cameras located in the corner of the room, raising her middle finger at it juuuust in case Michael happened to look at that camera. One of the refrigerated containers was opened long enough for her to grab two bottles of a cocktail drink, her rear once more settled in the copilots chair.

"So. Why are you such an asshole? Pretty sure my attitude is inherited. What's your excuse."

--

MICHAEL GRAHAM

pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:38 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
171 posts
445 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Blindingly into Space
Look at that, an sentiment Michael actually shared with Miss Silver Captain here: Golds all sucked major balls. That wasn’t exactly what she said, but it was how you could sum up her rant and a sentence. “Golds are idiots, I don’t know who thought giving them power was a good idea. Another gold, probably. Ugh” He made a face. Not that any other color would be good enough to lead, not even blues. Some blues were too air headed, and Michael sure as hell didn’t want to lead anyone.

“Well, that’s a reason for me to not crash this spaceship then. Alien booze is already rare as it is. At least Silvers are good for something, unlike golds most of the time” He said snarkily but it was the closest thing to a compliment Nyles got so far.

He heard the silver leaving, her footsteps thudding on the metallic floor of the spaceship. Through the ship’s systems he could monitor her path all the way to the cargo bay “Very mature capitain” he said through the ship comms when she showed her finger to the one of the cameras. He was 100% sure it was for him and not the ship itself.

Soon enough she was back though, and jumping straight to the personal questions. He stretched his hand at her to get his drink, if she had actually brought it at all. “Already after the tragic backstory? I’d say buy me a drink first, but you just did so…. The answer is: I’m blind and bitter. I don’t need anyone’s pity.” And that was surprisingly truthful of him. Receiving an angry glare was better than people looking at him with sorry eyes.

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
Pages: (2) 1 2 

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX