RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

new poll

» down on the west coast, @Nyles
LORELEI HENDRIX
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 02:11 AM
mermaid
)(
single
45 posts
345 points
EXCITED
Vera
LORELEI HENDRIX
Offline / GOLD

if you're not drinkin', then you're not playin'

Only higher colours could start drinking before noon, but there they were. The guests had to be entertained – and Lorelei herself woke up like needing a drink, though ‘woke’ may be an exaggeration, since she had barely slept the night before.

It was a bright, warm day – but she didn’t feel like it. It wasn’t usual for her to have insomnia or even get grumpy about it. When it did happen, it usually was because she stayed up to game or talk to people online. Last night, though, she did talk to people – one person in particular. And it left her bitter and the rest of the night was ruined.

But she had a full day ahead of her and no matter how much she didn’t want to, the Gold got up. She padded towards the open windows, feeling the breeze. It helped being so close to the sea. She enjoyed being away from the heart of the city. This place, she picked herself. It was a resort she rented now and then for special occasions, when she wanted to get away from the bustling city, but be close enough for her guests. Though lately, she chose it so often, even for the simplest business meetings. It just had everything: access to a very private and very clean beach, as well as numerous indoors facilities. And it was the closest place where she could keep her Kelpies happy and healthy, only an hour or two away with the jet.

She changed into her beach outfit and did some chores to make sure everything was in order awaiting her guest. When she was notified of the Silver’s arrival, she was back to her bubbly self, after spending a couple of hours in the morning sun, trying to nap. Without success, but at least her eyes didn’t look tired anymore.

”Thank you for coming, Ms. Schultz. I hope the journey was fast and smooth?”

NYLES SCHULTZ
sorry if it's vague, it's v late. let me know if I should change anything ^^

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 06:08 AM
Liquor/Alcohol Entrepreneur
Bisexual
Single
22 posts
190 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

It was a perk of her life as a trader; to be invited to some nice places for business meetings, places that Golds loved to throw their money at to impress their guests. This just so happened to be one of those places. Outer Novas, right on the coast with a nice view of the ocean. Beaches, pools, booze. There wasn't much to not love about it, and the fact that it reminded her so much of home was another bonus. It hadn't taken long for Nyles to pack up for a day on the coast, flicking through her Datapad to answer e-mails and arrange other meetings during the flight over.

Lorelei Hendrix was the name of the Gold that had contacted her for the meet-and-greet sampling session. Blackberry whiskey, whipped cream vodka, coconut rum, apple pie moonshine, cinnamon bourbon; those were a few of the samples Nyles had brought. The only thing her company didn't dabble in was wine, but who wanted wine during a party?

Some Browns she had hired took care of unloading the samples while Nyles made her way down to the meeting site, listening to the squawking of sea birds and the crashing ocean waves. "It's always a nice ride down the coast. I have no complaints." She'd hold her hand out toward Lorelei for a shake. "Lorelei. Pleasure. You can just call me Nyles. When you're selling liquor there really isn't any formalities to be had." The blonde said with a light laugh. She preferred to keep it as casual as possible. "Brought samples for you. Didn't know what flavors to bring so I brought a shit ton."

-------------------------------------

LORELEI HENDRIX
pm
^
LORELEI HENDRIX
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 12:53 AM
mermaid
)(
single
45 posts
345 points
EXCITED
Vera
LORELEI HENDRIX
Offline / GOLD

Shaking back her hand, Lor wanted to reciprocate the offer, even if the woman had already called her by her first name. ”Sure thing, Nyles! And same to you” she agreed, smiling brightly. After all, it was common knowledge liquor could bring anyone close. Besides, Lorelei liked to be friendly in all her affairs. She liked talking to all people and often their business partners naturally turned into friends in short amounts of time. Or at least that’s what she liked to think of them. She’s gotten burned before, but it didn’t stop her from trying over and over again.

”I like you already!” she enthused at the Silver’s last remark. ”I’m glad you brought them, though. The main event isn’t for a couple of weeks, but there are some friends around still. Not that we’re gonna share the good stuff with them” she giggled mischievously. ”I was actually thinking these past few days that I don’t have a favorite drink. Not much of a drinker, a real drinker. I guess I appear to do it often, though rarely only for the taste of it” she mused out loud. ”You’re the expert, so maybe you’ll know what to recommend” she finished with warmth.

All the while, the Gold guided the Silver towards the main building. But only the Browns carrying Nyles’ stuff continued inside, while Lor guided her through the garden and to the terrace in the back, which offered a great view of the sea and the beach resort.

”But I’m babbling about myself. I was excited to meet you since I’ve heard a lot of good things from our common acquaintances. I have to be honest and admit that I read your bio, which is totally why I invited you here. I hoped that it would make a nice background and we could have fun as well while doing business” she admitted, feeling just a little bit guilty. It wasn’t like this stuff was private and needed a hacker, it was public and anyone could stalk that. But just like in anything else, Lorelei preferred to be truthful about everything.

NYLES SCHULTZ

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 12:08 AM
Bisexual
Single
22 posts
190 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

"Not much of a drinker, huh?" Nyles repeated with a light laugh. "Well. I'm sure I have something you'll like. Sweet, sugary flavors seem to be the favorite of younger people who don't drink a lot, while older drinkers tend to want to cut the shit and just chug something heavy and basic." She'd trail after Lorelai all while looking at their surroundings. Fresh, sea salt air poured into her lungs and reminded her of home.

There wasn't much surprise about having her Bio read. It was to be expected: She read up on potential buyers, and no doubt some customers read up on potential sellers. "It's a smart thing to do. Know just who it is that you're dealing with and see if they're troublesome." Nyles shrugged, leaning against the railing as her golden eyes drank in the roaring waves. "I do the same thing. No one wants to be swindled. Not saying you would, but there are assholes out there that think the world is their oyster."

"Plus you've tickled my fancy with a spot near the ocean. Aquivis is my homeland." Standing straight she'd stretch her arms above her head until she heard a satisfying pop. "But you aren't here to listen to me rant on about my life; this is about you." Just as her arms dropped back to her sides a dolphin went sailing through the air, landing with a large splash. The area was rich with friendly sea-life: only the best for Golds. As much as she wanted to dive in after it she had to focus on the task at hand. "Did you want to try a few samples now, or had you something else planned?"

----------------

LORELEI HENDRIX
pm
^
LORELEI HENDRIX
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 08:53 PM
mermaid
)(
single
45 posts
345 points
EXCITED
Vera
LORELEI HENDRIX
Offline / GOLD

Lor offered a small guilty smile at the first remark. Countless moments flashed through her mind when she’d be at parties and just throw down her throat anything, drown in whatever was around while people around her talked and talked and talked. She wanted to explain in what way she wasn’t really a drinker, that she did it a lot, only that she’s never found anything that she actually really liked. But in the end the Gold didn’t explain and just let herself trust this Silver woman and have faith in her trade. She seemed more than capable and knowledgeable in her business. And Lorelei was always a seeker of beauty and pleasure and she was sure that alcohol wasn’t only just for numbing her senses in social situations. After all, there must be a reason it appeared in so many books and art pieces and it was still revered so much.

Even if Nyles was cool with her reading her bio, she still felt it was just a little bit weird. But Lor liked to know people, do her homework, especially in her political life, so she wouldn't be taken by surprise or make a fool of herself when she meets someone renowed and be able to talk about their accomplishments. And that habit translated into pretty much every other relationship and business. But it made her feel better knowing that other people probably did the same to her anyway.

Snorting at the word 'oyster' and liking this girl more and more, Lor grinned as Nyles looked at the waves as if she was trying to become part of them.

"I'd like this to be about us, because after all our business is a partnership" she offered sincerely. "I don't have anything settled in stone, I'll just go with the waves" and she grinned unashamed at her pun. "But yes, I'd like to test samples, though we could do it by the beach. Would you like to get changed and meet there?"

NYLES SCHULTZ

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 12:06 AM
Bisexual
Single
22 posts
190 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

The pun had certainly been noticed by Nyles and had the Silver snorting a bit and shaking her head with half a grin. Apparently there were going to be ocean puns passed all around between the two at this rate. "Valid point. Feels like you're trying to have a sort of girls-day-out, with a complete stranger." She turned her eyes from the ocean and planted them on Lorelei. "Fuck it, I'm game. Be a waste not to enjoy it, right?" Shameless that Nyles had indeed brought a bathing suit just in case things ended early or the Gold had wanted to take business out to the sand. "Sounds like a plan. You pick the spot, I pick the booze." With that plan the Silver went to change.

She'd soon emerge from the bungalow wearing a black and white striped bikini bottom and a teal bikini top, sunglasses keeping the shining waves from blinding her. The cooler in her hand was filled with samples and chasers, the bottles clinking together as Nyles stepped along the warm sand. Damn it felt nice to hear seagulls instead of the busy city, the concrete jungle nothing compared to the open beach. It wasn't too hard to spot Lorelei. The Gold would soon have her company back, Nyles dropping the cooler into the sand between the two. "If I can be nosy, what's the party for anyway? Just to have one, or a birthday party, business party, engagement..."

----

LORELEI HENDRIX
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX