RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

new poll

» Love is Blind [C], Tag: Asterin
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:04 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
40 posts
265 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

Work, the daily grind, it was all of that and more for Benjamin Chambers. His client list was empty, but his father’s wasn’t. That meant Ben was stuck doing all of the paperwork his dad didn’t want to do. The firm had figure out convenient ways to transcribe all the documents people wanted to pass on to the blind lawyer into braille. THere was a lot of reading, and a lot of notes to take. Benjamin was swamped.

He set all the files to the left side of his desk and let out a massive sigh. Taking the frames of his glasses by the stem with his left hand, he pulled them off. His right hand moved to his closed eyes and he began to rub them. The lawyer was already feeling a tension headache coming on due to the work and the deadline he was given.

The intercom buzzed.

“Mr. Chambers there is someone here to see you, and they say it is urgent.”

The glasses went back on as he let out another sigh.

“Send them in,” he said genuinely happy for the reprieve and excuse to delay finishing the paperwork on his desk.

The office was not as fancy as the others. Ben’s degrees and certifications were on the wall to the right, his desk was along the back wall across from the door, and a couch, coffee table, and two armchairs occupied the left side of the office. Nothing moved. Ben was blind and it was not safe to change a room on a blind man. He couldn’t see it anyway, so the fact everything was a boring white, gray, and black scheme didn’t matter to him. Black was the only thing he could “see.” He still hoped someone would figure out how to get his sight back for him, but he wasn’t getting too anxious about it at all.

His assistant knocked on the door.

“Come in… I’m ready,” Ben said as he stood up without moving away from his desk. This was how all these meetings started. He would wait for an introduction, then he would invite the guest to the couch or give them the option of the chairs in front of his desk. From there it was whatever the meeting was about. Benjamin sure hoped he was about to get a case so he could offload his father’s work onto someone else.

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:40 AM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

love is blindness, I don’t wanna see

Though she’s been through her fair share of troubles, Asterin couldn’t say she had a bad life. If anything, she was far better than a lot of people. She had managed to carve her own little place between the stars, which was a sweet comfort for the times she had to spend on Earth. All in all, Asterin couldn’t complain. She worked hard, kept her head low, let all those pompous Golds parade through her med lab, gossiped about them with her good friend and then she was left in peace to spend as many hours as she wanted stargazing.

But when a little piece of electronic mail arrived on her newsletter, threatening to destroy that fragile peace she’s achieved for herself, of course she was going to be furious. Her heart skipped a beat when she read the sender’s name. Or well, the institution it was sent from. Asterin read it almost without breathing and with each word she thought she was growing faint, then slowly starting to see red. She wouldn’t let it crumble just like that, at the first gust of wind. She’ll be damned before she did.

’Miss Sargent... blablablah one of the witnesses in the case of blahblah long numbers’ her mind just skipped over the boring, long words, going straight for the killing blow. ’A protected witness had recently changed his statement, prompting the reopening of the case’

The next couple of moments were spent in a hurry, looking through every piece of paper she ever owned, trying to find that damn lawyer’s address. She instantly ran there the moment she remembered his name and searched his firm on the internet. With every determined step she took, she could hear every single word written in that email sound through her head.

Fortunately, the waiting didn’t take long at all. Immediately after being invited, she barged inside demanding a ”What is the meaning of this?!” only to stop promptly in the door and look at the man, confused.

”Oh. I’m sorry. I was... looking for someone else, I’m so sorry” she mumbled quickly, heat risingin her cheeks. Ugh. The one time she tries to take hold of her situation and she messes it up. Or did she? She wonders, furrowing her brows in confusion, taking turns looking at the guy, then at the name on the door. The name looks right, the guy, on the other hand, does not. ”I’m looking for Mr. Chambers, please?” she tries again.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI
pm
^
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 04:02 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
40 posts
265 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

Ben was taken aback at the strength which the woman busted through his office door and began speaking in an accusatory manner. Suddenly there was quiet. It was a bit awkward he could imaging because his red tinted sunglasses never left his face, and it would seem as though he was staring off into somewhere. The was she looked at his door was completely missed as was the confusion her body language displayed. He did pick up on it in her tone of voice.

"I can explain," he said in a calm voice hoping it would take charge of the tone. "I think you are looking for my father, Marcus Chambers. I am Mr. Chambers, but my name is Benjamin,"

Ben placed his hands along the desk so he could feel where the corners were. He always entered and exited from the right side of where he was currently standing. The path was a well known one to him. His cane leaned against just to the right of his chair as well, and was easily grabbed as he rounded the desk.

He motioned for the woman to take a seat at the couch, and then dismissed his assistant.

"My father has a pretty full case load, so if you don't mind I may be able to help, Miss...." Ben paused and waited for her to answer. "I am pretty familiar with all of his cases, so if there is anything about them you need to discuss?"

The question was left open ended. He didn't want to assume, but Ben was good at deductive reasoning. The way she barged in made it seem as though she felt wronged by his father, or that something had gone awry.

Benjamin was unaware of it, but as he was moving to the couch a pink gaseous substance was seeping through the vents in his office. It was on the opposite side from where they were, and would take a few minutes to reach them, but being blind, Ben was completely unaware.

"If I could impose on you to tell me where you are sitting so I don't sit in your lap by accident that would be helpful."

If she had not recognized he was blind between the cane and his glasses, she would be aware with his comment, or so he hoped.

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 02:52 AM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

It took a couple of moments for Asterin to realize the guy was blind. She was well accustomed to the Viper’s pilot and all the tell-tale signs, though they were all missed, at least at first, in all the confusion of not actually finding Mr. Chambers Sr. in that office. Instead she stumbled over this younger dude who apparently wore sunglasses inside? The Yellow was puzzled by the situation and ashamed by her blunder.

But the moment he stood up and took his cane, it all clicked into place. Not that it mattered, after all, how and what she thought of the man.

His words quickly brought light over the whole ordeal and if she was ashamed before, now she felt even more stupid. It should’ve been obvious. And here she thought she was clever.

”Thank you, Mr... Chambers” It was weird calling this man, who seemed nice, by that name. ”And I’m very sorry for my outburst” she apologized, almost sighing. Asterin took a couple of steps inside but hesitated to sit. She wasn’t yet convinced if she should trust this man. He was, after all, the son of a very mean lawyer, who has worked against her. Who was to say that his son wouldn’t do the same?

”I bet he does” she couldn’t help but snort under her nose, bitterly. She hoped he didn’t hear clearly though. Finally, Asterin gave in and decided to offer Benjamin a chance and tell him what this is about, so she accepted his offer and sat on the couch. ”Your father has recently advised one of his clients to change a statement in an old case of his, just because this man is now in trouble and it’ll help him in the present” Something about building a reliable character over the years, most probably. Or who knows what they were trying to hide.

”Unfortunately, that leaves me in said old case without a witness for some amount of time. Which prompted the government to now call me back to give another statement and it’s just!“ she paused, thinking of something else than a petulant ’not fair’ to reply with. ”Well you know how these things get rescheduled and they recall you and they take forever. I’ve been through this once, the case was closed, I don’t want to deal with that again.”

Asterin was getting engrossed in her own recollection that she didn’t notice the pink cloud slowly swirling around her ankles. Even his last request made her blink back a little to reality. ”Oh. Of course. I’m on the left side of the couch” she offered without a problem. Finally, a blind man who could accept the fact that he was blind and didn’t act like a jerk because of it.

”Anyway, I guess I just came here without a plan, really. Maybe I thought yelling at your father would help” she concluded, preparing to leave soon, though she didn’t get up yet.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI

pm
^
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 05:00 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
40 posts
265 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

Everyone was entitled to an impassioned outburst now and then. Passion was what made people who they were. Everyone had different passions, skills, traits, and abilities, which made everyone unique. Society lumped everyone into where they fit and where they belonged. Ben couldn't help but appreciate the diversity and respected the segregation. Each did their share, and the world was better for it. History said that anyway.

Ben simply put his hand up in response. There was something bothering her. Even once the outburst was over the inflection of her voice and the nervous pace she took heading to the couch told him all he needed to know. She was upset for a reason, and it had led to the awkward scene they just experienced.

A deep breath in, and slow breath let out.

"Believe me... you are not the first person to come barging into my office demanding to know what is going on. I'm used to it by now."

There was something between this woman and his father, and listening was the only way to know. She started to explain what was happening right away. That was good, because this case was something he didn't know too much about. The more she talked though, Ben was beginning to think this had something to do with one of the files he's been given.

His father, Marcus, would do anything to win, and this sounded a lot like him. Ben shook his head. It wasn't ethical. What was Ben supposed to do here, go against his own father? He had a file that would help the woman, but anyone would know how she got it.

A deep breath in... and a long breath out.

"Do you smell that?"

There was a floral scent in the air, and Ben was beginning to feel a little... well... amorous. He cleared his throat and pushed ahead. There was business to conduct after all.

"I know parts of the case. I'm supposed to be filing his notes and other documents. It's umm... It's on my desk, but the catch... If I give this to you, they will know it was me. It's also in braille, so I'm the only one who can tell you what it says unless you have a way of getting it transcribed?"

Ben wanted to help, and he was suddenly feeling very helpful, drawn to her even. There was something about her. Ben took a seat on the other side of couch from her as he set the file he grabbed from his desk on the coffee table. Ben smiled.

"Let me help you? We can make this go away!

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 01:23 AM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

At first, she looked at his reply with the same wariness she approached every stranger, especially lawyers. But... something in the way he said it caught her attention and made her think that maybe, just maybe, it was true. Not that she doubted Mr. Chambers Sr. made lots of people angry enough to storm his office, but that this Benjamin was used to this. He seemed tired of it. He seemed truthful.

For the first time, Asterin wondered how it was like to have Mr. Chambers as your father. And shuddered.

Maybe it wasn’t so bad, who was she to judge. But this recent thought endeared Benjamin more to her.

She shook her head ‘no’ when he asked about the smell but then remembered he couldn’t see. She inhaled deeply and yes, she could now. She has been for some time, she just didn’t notice it. ”Yes... it’s something very sweet. I thought it was just your assistant’s lingering perfume, maybe...” she trailed off. The more she inhaled, the hazier she got.

What was she saying? It didn’t matter, ‘cause Ben was talking now and she was confused again. But even if she was slightly frowning, she couldn’t help but listen in. What help would the papers do to her? She didn’t need the documents, she needed a lawyer. She didn’t want to tell this to him but... it was like something was drawing her in. She leaned closer, looking at his face, trying to see behind those glasses. Why would he go to so much trouble? For her, a stranger?

”Would you?” she asked, full of hope, getting all excited and leaned in further, putting a hand on his knee without even knowing it. ”Would you help me? What about your father? I could hire you as my lawyer, if you will. But wouldn’t he be mad? You only have to do his paperwork or can you take your own clients?” she was asking questions as she was thinking them, trying to be rational through all the haze that was fogging her mind. There was something so intriguing and alluring to him, his eagerness to help, his selflessness. It was bewitching.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI

pm
^
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 03:29 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
40 posts
265 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

Ben was desperate for anything which was going to help him make partner. If that meant busting open a case that could get him a high volume of clients, that would be fine. The only problem was his father only cared about one thing, wealth. He liked the wealthy clients that could pay for the lavish lifestyle he like to enjoy. Ben wanted to be different. He believed in a blind justice, perhaps because he was blind.

He sighed, another deep breath was taken in. The gas near his desk was more potent. Ben couldn't say the room was spinning, or that he felt under a haze. His thoughts were jumbled and everything didn't come together like it normally did.

All he could do was think about... HER.

She was dominating his thoughts. He would do anything for her, to make her want him. A gulp sounded from his throat as he felt her hand on his knee. Ben was sensitive to touch. There was recoil at first, but only because of the surprise.

"No I can take my own clients... anything, especially to help you." Ben placed a hand on hers to keep it where it was. "I can go against him if I have to. I could win even... maybe he'll be so impressed I'll be a partner."

Ben leaned forward and breathed in. He wanted to smell her scent.

"I have all his files here in braille. WE could put a solid case together. I might even have an address in here somewhere..."

Ben leaned back and placed his hands on the braille. He was going to find it for her. Every document was going to be read until he found it for her.

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 12:02 AM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

Her eyebrows rose in wonder, hope and a mix of other feelings. ’...anything, especially to help you.’ It was such a strange feeling. Forgotten. For so long she’s tried to depend on herself. She didn’t know what had gotten into her but those words just undid something inside her. Even more so since it was coming from a stranger. He couldn’t even see her, so it definitely wasn’t about sexual attraction, she thought. Usually she would’ve snapped back to reality, maybe slapped herself to be sceptical and not so trusting. Why did he seem so trustworthy???

The answer didn’t really matter in that moment. ”So you’ll be my lawyer?” she brightened up with a joyous tone. ”Oh thank you so much” she took his hand when he leaned in and squeezed it, dropping it when he leaned back. Honestly, she just felt like hugging him. ”I haven’t had a lawyer, a real one since back then. And even then, we didn’t really click, it was just awful” and with a sigh, she finished rambling. She still didn’t know why she was reacting like this. She thought she was also heating up and she was glad he couldn’t see her getting red.

Asterin noticed now the little pink haze around her. It was very subtle but there was definitely a pink filter floating in the air. She blinked a couple of times just to make sure. She sniffed, trying to recognize what it was, but it was foreign to her senses. In turn, it made her cough so she stood up. ”I’m sorry, do you mind if I open a window?” she asked and was already making her way to them before even getting an answer.

Unbeknownst to her, opening a window wouldn’t help at all. But before she did that, she noticed something else going on outside. ”Strange, there’s a big, pink cloud all over Novas” Asterin told him, deeming that he might want to know.

The Yellow watched it for a little while, silent, before turning to return to Ben. She stepped next to him and looked at the documents, but of course she couldn’t understand it. Before she thought too much, se sat on a corner of his desk, where she won’t bother him reading. That is, if she could keep quiet, which she couldn’t.

”If you don’t mind me asking, why do you even work for your father? If you have to impress him to make you partner, he doesn’t seem like he treats you well” She already knew he was an awful lawyer – or a very good one, if you were a criminal – but to be awful to his own son? That was a new level of jerk.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI

pm
^
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 12:41 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
40 posts
265 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

”Of course I will be your lawyer. I need the cases, and... if it’s not too bold... there is something drawing me to all this... to you. I need to get you out of this.”

He should have put together the smell was causing something to interfere with them, but Ben’s mind was clouded. Something was wrong with him, but he didn’t know it. The pink gas had caused him to lose all sense of reason. It was what had drawn him to her, and it was certainly sexual, because the formula had been designed to do that.

It was getting hot in the office. A window needed to be opened, but Ben rarely did because he wouldn’t remember to close it. He sighed. With a nod he indicated that she should.

”Just remember to close it before you leave, and you will have to tell me precisely what happened the last time. If we want to win, I mean.”

Ben shrugged at the mention of pink gas on the street below. Anymore color meant nothing to him, but the smell, it was getting stronger. He could smell it coming in from the window as the breeze wafted it in. It was only getting hotter in the room, and Ben pulled at the tie on his collar.

”I cant get work anywhere else. My dad was the only one who wanted to hire a blind lawyer. He just keeps me busy so I stay out of the way. I can read braille and that fact seems to get forgotten. I hate being treated as second rate just because I can’t see. It’s rare anyone just sees me for who I am without seeing the disability first.”

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 09:44 PM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

’I need to get you out of this’ his words made her heart jump and then start racing. She looked at him like trying to figure out a puzzle that was in a different language. Usually something like this would make her defensive – but unknowingly, the love gas was bringing out her deepest wish, to be protected. It seemed to her that she’s been on her own for so long, she missed her innocence, her childhood, where there were no worries and someone else looked after her, without having to protect herself before turning every corner.

And for the countless time, she remarked on him being practically a stranger and he was already offering his help in such a fierce and determined way. It made him seem so selfless, so empathic, so unlike his father. And to Asterin, kindness was the ultimate turn-on.

”Last time...” she began and ruffled through her memories, trying to not let them get to her and consume her. ”They questioned all of us – well, those that survived - about every single minute from that day. This guy admitted to not being on his post, but on a coffee break for way too long. We met on the emergency exit stairs when the alarm went off. Now he says he was actually working in his office, which was closer to another exit on the other side of the building.” she added some details, but not too much. Not addressing the whole incident and what it really was. Even after 10 years, she didn’t want to think about it.

Asterin paused and looked around to distract herself. It wasn’t hard with the gas’ effect, she was acutely aware of her surroundings. The room. The man next to her. The soft way he spoke. His fingers caressing the papers, following the braille.

”I don’t mean to get involved where it’s not my business but...” ’your father is just using you’ she thought. ”But I am certain you can get work somewhere else if you wanted to. I’m sure you are a great lawyer” she said sincerely, and she believed it herself. Who else would just offer his services as quickly as he did and would be up to going behind his father’s back for a stranger? ”Maybe you just need a push for your career to take flight. I would be so honoured and grateful if maybe my case will be the one to get you ahead” she finished softly and unconsciously scooted a little on the desk to get closer to him. She was apprehensive about touching him again, though it was the only thing she could think about, she didn’t know why. Gods, maybe Ruby was right, she did need to get laid more often.

Ok, it was time to force some rationality here. ”Won’t your father get angry about this, though?” the worry was clear in her voice.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI

pm
^
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 08:44 PM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
40 posts
265 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

Ben could not help but feel the shift in the room. He was completely unaware of the gas until Asterin had mentioned it, and he was certainly not aware it was in his office. Yes, it was odd he felt attracted to this woman. It was so unlike him, but the gas was not allowing him to think straight. Even as his hand ran over the braille all he could think about was the hand she had placed on his knee. He wanted her to touch him again. He wanted to touch her.

Her words kept him on task and in the present. It was still difficult, but at least they would figure this case out. That was why she was there. That was his task.

"I am sure I could find work anywhere I want to once I prove I'm not a blind copper that is a charity case. I know that's what they all think around here."

Ben still smiled. Asterin had seen that he could be more than a paper pusher. It wasn't often he got a case like this, and he knew someone that could help get the real story out of the man in question. It bothered Ben that he was changing his story ten years after the event. Something that needed to stay buried was being drug up again because of this, and Ben was trying to find out if his dad had covered something up the first time.

Ben sighed.

"If my dad is doing something dirty, he is hiding it pretty well. There isn't anything in this file that is helping me... not yet. I do have some methods to get what I need though."

Suddenly Ben was aware how close Asterin was to him again. A small gulp ran down his throat as he picked his hands off the file. Would his dad be angry that Ben was taking a case against him. Maybe. He shrugged. His father was the type the wanted to see Ben take the initiative to win and make a name for himself. In truth, even though his father's offer had been one made up mostly of charity, it was also his chance to prove himself.

"He might... he might be proud. You've dealt with my father before. Running behind his bosses back to get a leg up is the exact kind of move he would have made at my age. Not that I'm doing that here... I mean."

Ben's mind was getting frazzled. The closer she was to him, the more he wanted to find her lips and just kiss her, well, he wanted more to be honest. The love gas was certainly producing within him the desire to be with the woman in every sense a man could. Was it just him? She'd open the window. They were both trying to be rational, but....

"Okay... I don't want to make this awkward or anything but... opening the window... it's not working."

His hands fell to his side, one of them brushing Asterin's thigh as it did. In fact, without fully realizing it, Ben had let his hand rest there. His heart was pounding, and the case was no where near the front of his mind in the moment. He had to get it back there.

"I'm... well... I'll get to the bottom of this... figure it... out."

If only he could see, Ben would just kiss her. Clearly avoiding women because he was blind was a bad plan.

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 12:32 AM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

The way he talked made her soul ache for him. He oddly reminded her of Michael, though they were practically opposites in the way they acted. But both men felt like they had to prove they were more than their illness. All she wanted to do was hug them and tell them that they already were, they didn’t have to prove anything to anyone and damn everyone else who thought they had to. But taking Michael as her default example of a blind man, she knew they generally didn’t like being touched, at least not without warning.

And now that she was thinking about it, she thought that maybe earlier he had flinched when she touched his knee. Or was she imagining it?

Wait, why was she thinking about touching him at all, oh Gosh, just focus ok, get your things together, Sargent.

She held her breath listening to him talk, he was so confident about finding a solution. She didn’t even doubt it. But then his father became a central subject again and their world darkened again. It was like a heavy, dark cloud threatening to rain down on their hope. She really wanted this to work, crossed her fingers that they’ll both get what they want, that his father will show some human decency at last.

Asterin blinked a couple of times, taken aback, words registering slowly. The window. ”Oh, you’re right. I’ll close it, don’t worry” and she was quick to rectify the situation, jumping from the desk and closing the damn window.

”I’m so sorry to put you to work like this” she apologized sincerely, feeling heat rising to her face. Here he was, going straight to work as if both their lives depended on it. I mean, sure, somehow they did.

”I’m grateful for you going straight to the papers, but the hearing is in a couple of weeks, I’m sure there’s no need to rush like this. Did you eat anything today? I could bring something for us or...” she trailed off, unsure. She just wanted to take care of him back, since he has already almost pledged himself to help her. It was the least she could do.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI

pm
^
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 02:25 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
40 posts
265 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

"Don't apologize. Helping people is why I wanted to become a lawyer in the first place."

Some colors were not happy in their station, but Ben had no problem with his lot. Sure there had been a part of him that loved the idea of the status it would give him since he was a copper, but that person died when Ben became blind. The entire reason he continued and pushed forward was because he wanted to help people. It wasn't just proving that he could do it, but now his life was all about the underdog. The ideal was something that would get him in trouble someday.

Ben sat the folder on the desk. If there was something shady to find, Ben wasn't seeing it. Why the person was changing their story now, Ben couldn't say. Unfortunately it seemed a legal loophole. Was it that Asterin didn't want to relive the moment by being forced to testify again, that she didn't want to be re-interviewed? Either way, the train of thought was gone at the mention of food.

His stomach growled, and Ben blushed at how loud it was.

"I could go for some take out actually," Ben said as he reached into a drawer and pulled out a menu for his favorite place. "Get whatever you want, tell them your calling in for Ben Chambers as well. Charge it to the firm. If this hearing is in two weeks, I need to get familiar with all the details of the case. We might be pulling an all-nighter."

Ben grinned at the idea. It had been a while since he flirted with anyone, but something about Asterin made it easy. He hoped she wasn't offended by it, and acted like it was just par for the course.

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 11:35 PM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

Those words... they were so familiar, they brought flashbacks to her. ”I want to help people, that’s why I want to be a doctor”

Closing her eyes for two seconds, she breathed in deeply. The office smelled like a dream.

She opened her eyes at a faint sound. Was it her stomach? Looking at Ben’s deliciously red face, she assumed it was his. She smirked, glad to have suggested something good. His next words was what she liked to hear. Take out was so not healthy, but it was delicious Asterin herself indulged in from now and then. She believed indulgence and balance was the key to everything.

Asterin almost protested that it wasn’t necessary, she could cover it. She appreciated him being a gentleman though. But her words were forgotten as he ended his phrase, the hurry and eagerness in his actions. For Asterin, two weeks seemed so far away, but it semed the lawyer had other thoughts. She supposed he was entitled to this opinion, he was the expert and he had to do most of the work, anyway.

So she didn’t add anything more and accepted to put it on his tab, thinking that maybe next time it would be her turn. That would’ve been nice. She didn’t even realize she was already hoping for a next dat.

’This isn’t a date, what the hell, Sargent?’ she thought. With a few words, she left the office, shaking her head. God, she had to get a grip.

Asterin appreciated being outside, it felt more roomy. But she had hoped the fresh air would help her clear her head, but instead it seemed to do the opposite. The longer she was away, the more eager she was to return to Benjamin.

It still took some time until she returned, since when she found herself in front of the shop windows, she was at a loss for what to order. What did he even liked to eat? This man was a total stranger. So why was she wanting to impress him and pick something he would enjoy?

It didn’t take longer than 30 minutes, though, thinking that she should be back as soon as possible - to offer any help needed, of course, not for other reasons, not at all. She pushed the door with her leg, her arms being full of take-out bags. They weren’t big, but she didn’t want to overturn them and spill in the bag. The Yellow thought that this was the second time she was barging into his office.

”I hope you’re famished because I brought everything. I’m sorry about your tab, though, but I promise next dinner’s on me” she chirped as she waltzed in and left everything on the coffee table, where they had clear room to eat. She found him as she left him, looking over the papers and documents. Looking at him with an affectionate look, she began to take out the small boxes of food out of the bag and setting their improvised picnic table, urging him then to take a break, he deserved it, and telling him where she was so he would know where to maneuver himself around the room.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX