RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

new poll

» B's LAIR, online anonymous blog
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 08:24 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

LEAVE A COMMENT [ HERE, click ] (no log-in required)

I'm no one and everyone at once
Nowhere and everywhere
Never and always

Welcome to the B's Lair...
home
commissions
contact me
about me
#art #drowning

Being force-fed a different reality is not easy. Brainwashing is not normal and we should not pretend as if it's "just another thing that happens" in this world. Grays do it. Golds do it.

But what about the victims? The victims' families, their loved ones? Forced to live with someone whose memories were either altered or erased completely - it sounds terrifying, to go home to your significant other, or to your child, and see the confusion and looming fear in their eyes as they stare at you...wary.

"What happened to daddy?"
"Where's mommy? When will she be back home?"

Being brainwashed is not an option. Not a choice.
So dont treat it like one.
Make yourself heard in safer, smarter ways.
B.

#text post #brainwashing #corruption

So you're in love with a person of a different Color, huh? Would you look at that...how scandalous!
That's probably the reaction you think everyone who finds out will have, right? What's there to do, you ask? You've got two options, really.
1) Hide your crush. Conceal your feelings. Try to get over it. (not recommended, 1/10)

2) Fuck everyone's opinion, are you really gonna let some self-entitled strangers dictate your life? What if you miss out on "the one"? What if you die tomorrow? What if they die tomorrow? What if you'd be kicking away something...beautiful? Why would you do that to yourself? Because you're supposed to be dating in your Color? Or because you're in some loveless arranged relationship?
Fuck. That.
Meet in secret. Send each other coded messages. Exchange those DigiTats nudes. Live your life, dont waste love.

You will love many times. But you will never live the same love twice.

Dont let it go to waste.

(highly recommended, 10/10 would love again)

#text #speech #love #intercolordating #intercolor

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC
STATUS Come talk to me about whatever you have on your mind and I will do my best to offer help!

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 06:12 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
116 posts
360 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Hey, your art it's one of the most beatiful things i've ever seen. There's such emotion, and the the risky subjects!! Have you ever thought of signing with an agency? Someone who could help you grow. You can PM me if you want to discuss this.
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 10:22 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Nowhere and everywhere
Never and always

home
commissions
contact me
about me

Hello residents of B's Lair!

Today, I licked someone.

In a non-sexual way.

Or was it? I feel like just typing down the word 'licked' seems sexual. I'm not sure myself either. I guess this one time it's up to you guys how you want to interpret it?

And before you jump to any conclusions regarding the level of promiscuous that your beloved writer, B, is, let me just shed some light on the issue at hand. Figurative issue, it really wasn't one at all lol.

It happened like this: picture two incredibly, awfully, extremely fucking pissed off coworkers just going at each other's throats for a petty reason or another (yet, looking back at it now makes it seem pretty petty. but just a little, it only pissed me off more that he reacted like the biggest asshole in the whole Universe because of such a petty issue - one that was his fault too).

It doesn't even matter why we were fighting, the point is, he's this super "don't randomly touch me" dude, I can't blame him for that, I fully understand why he would be like that, considering some things about him.

Anyway, he starts shamelessly blaming me for something that was clearly his fault, with this "better than you" attitude only a higher color could have. Keep in mind that I am in no way a purist, the opposite actually, but I don't know if the same can be said for him. Even though, he did insult me based on my color several times. But that's off-topic, sorry.

To cut a long story short, he blames me, I blame him, he cusses me out, I return the gesture because I am not a loser and I wanted to fucking win the damn argument. This all leads to more conflict, we shove each other around like grown ups normally do, of course, and I just get more and more sick of his guts. It turns into such a heated-up fight that I cannot hear my thoughts anymore, and if I do, then it only means it's the insults I blurt out on the spot. I keep gesticulating at him, he keeps trying to push me, we both kinda try to provoke each other because we're both being awful to each other in that moment, and the world around us stops existing.

So I lick him.

A long, vulgar, mouth-to-cheek tongue drag across his fucking face.

God, how he had it coming.

I lick him....out of anger. Impulsively. Probably because I knew it would piss him off further? It was my way of saying "fuck you" for the 84th time that day.

The fact that he punches me in my clavicle doesn't even matter, what matters is the pure, genuine, almost euphoric sense of satisfaction that I get from angering him to the point that he freaks out.

(DISCLAIMER: I know it's gross, but I have things more vulgar on my blog, so if me talking about my newly-born passion for pushing this guy's buttons disgusts you, then this page isn't for you, honestly. but kudos for reading this far!)

Anyway, so at that point my clavicle pain is quickly replaced by the sense of excitement coursing through my whole body, and I feel like "okay, fricking I won this round". I just couldn't think of something that could make me more proud of myself. So on that winning foot, I blabber something and leave - and I honestly don't remember what I told him, I was just that up high.
So accomplished.

So yeah, now you know the story of how B licked a jerk and liked it. Congrats.

Comment on this big rant here > c l i c k <

#rant #tw:licking #workplace stories

A huge thank you to the great model I had for this painting, who chose to remain anonymous as well. The painting "Burning Beauty" would have been nothing without you!
#painting #model

Ohmygosh, thank you so much, I don't deserve all the praise ahhh i love youuu

You know, there are so many things I support and encourage on this blog...but DIY stiches is not one of those things. Pls seek a Yellow, dude

#submitted comments

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC
STATUS Come talk to me about whatever you have on your mind and I will do my best to offer help!

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 08:36 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Nowhere and everywhere
Never and always

home
commissions
contact me
about me
So apparently, after yesterday's rant I could finally count the number of active followers my blog has! I'm saying that because it feels like each and every one of you decided to send me messaged about the licking incident, and you were...merciless. Also I couldn't take the time to screenshot and edit in all the questions, so I'll just copy-paste a random few ones thx.

" [ kosherBro ] asked:
→ can we get a name?? what color is he?? c'mon you gotta give us SOMETHING
"
Honestly, I wish I could give a name, but that kinda goes against my wish to remain anonymous. Color-wise, well, he's in one of the highest midColor castes. :*

" [ gumshoe ] asked:
→ did u like it tho
"
....No comment.

" [ EctoBiologist ] asked:
→ Are you 100% suuuuuure what you described was just happiness for winning an argument? :DD
"
What else would it be :)

" [ Anonymous ] asked:
→ are you currently in any collabs with anyone, or looking to promote yourself?
"
I actually am thinking of trying to get more.."out there", but it's pretty difficult since not many are willing to work with a ghost Violet, and I can't go around trusting anyone with my identity. But we'll see! I promise I'll try to give you guys more.

" [ karkarkarma ] asked:
→ what do you do for a living? do you know arthur?
"
I don't know an Arthur, sorry! And I don't know what I'm doing most of the time either.

" [ cccuriocity ] asked:
→ did you ever post a self-portrait that we didn't know it was one? or will you ever? or of any of your friends?
"
Who knows? :)

#submitted comments #anonymous

#neon

Honestly idk how to reply to this.
Please come off anonymous and elaborate?
The only form of "affection" I can think of displaying towards him is shoving my boot up his big butt. That's bound to make his annoyance be seen in his green, frosted eyes.

#submitted comments

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 08:33 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Nowhere and everywhere
Never and always

home
commissions
contact me
about me
Today, my mind liked to wander a lot, so that resulted in....questionable art pieces. I hope you guys enjoy the spam!
#text

#moving

#painting

This one is actually related to someone I recently met. A rant post might be up soon, because I feel like I'd rather dedicate a whole new blogging session to it rather than embed it in an art showing session.
#drawing #work in progress

http://i.imgur.com/EZsb91w.png
#painting

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 11:26 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Nowhere and everywhere
Never and always

home
commissions
contact me
about me
Hello everyone! I kept promising I'll update you on what's been going on and that I'll show you what I've been working on, so let me treat you all to some pretty stuff today!

Because I know that too many words hoarded together will not keep your attention much in general (you goldfish, you) I'll toss in some of my most recent (albeit unfinished, i know you looove waiting for the done deal oops) artwork to tease you. The sketches will be accompanied with little excerpts from my notebooks. I've just been busy okay, take these and forgive me already.

Sketch #1 - Adam; they who only see...

Sketch #2 - Eve; ...half eye to eye.

I think there's something
In the way they carry each other

around
the other

That makes me think there's more to it
Than just the desire to
bother
the other

And it's all theirs to unravel,
to wonder,

to discover,
to mutter,
to suffer...?

But then, to find a lover...
...in each other.

Sketch #3 - The Contagious Touch

"It was single-handedly the most electric experience ever lived. It felt like... like a surge of fire flowing through my veins, like the hurried flow of river, like a gigantic wave crashing onto the shore, desperate to flood everything in its way.

And it flooded my senses."

Sketch #4 - Family

"I think... if I wasn't one already, then you'd make me a believer. Your eyes seek not only the truth, but much further. Your heart welcomes not only the wounded, but also the incurable, and somehow... somehow you manage to heal us all just the same.

And I know that maybe I'm a curse put down on you, but god

you're a blessing cast upon me.
I just hope I can help you just the same."

Different worlds,
Different Colors,
Different fires, and yet,
Despite our differences, I still consider you the closest thing to family I've ever had.

#sketch #poem #people

Sketch #3 - The Outline

Animation #1 - Under your touch

"We both carry our torches so dangerously close to one another when we fight... at one point, we might set fire to the night."

#animation

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 07:55 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Nowhere and everywhere
Never and always

home
commissions
contact me
about me
Hey everyone! It's a wonderful morning, isnt it? Just perfect for a #rant if you ask me. You know what else this morning is perfect for? An announcement. An impulsive one at that, but we'll all live to see tomorrow, dont worry about it! What on Earth am I talking about? Well, lets see...

We all know what anon hate is, right? Of course we do. Some of you send it, many like me receive it, it's whatever in the end, I dont pay much mind to it. I dont promote hate on my blog, so you never see such messages highlighted or featured here. But you know what I truly cant stand?

Hate towards not only me, but you all as well. Hate towards our community. And not just any kind of hate, but the kind that comes in the shape of threats. It's 4066 and we all know how fear works. It possesses you, it slips through the cracks and makes a nest in your mind, heart or soul. And from there, it blooms. It spreads. Like a disease.

Well, we're not going to let fear rule us, will we? No. This is not what this blog stands for. This is not what I stand for, and it's not something I've taught you guys to stand for. So we wont stand it.

Starting today, we will get louder. Bigger.

Stronger.

And together, we'll stand united, for all of us, big or little, to offer them a safe place, to patch up their hearts and to offer a place you can escape to, away from the big bad world. We'll continue being ourselves, we'll continue being us, a community, a family.

Petty threats like "it only takes one little Green to take you down" dont scare anyone. It also takes one single Green to get us back up, and I trust that backup and/or help will come if needed, though I'd never dare ask any of you for such favors.

I'm not going to spell the offender's name here, as they're not important and giving them more exposure - aka promoting them - is not something they're worth nor something I want to do. I wouldnt link you to such stinky people. Just know that while he's just another Violet, he certainly does not deserve his Color. I find it shameful that such people could ever be born in such a caste, a caste meant to raise the spirits of all others, to entertain and to offer comfort and to keep people together. The caste filled with art and feelings and empowering speeches, and moving writings, and heartfelt poetry, and stunning creations, the caste meant to encourage others, to stir up positive feelings in everyone. That caste was stained by his presence in it.

However, we're not going to let a few bad apples give any caste a bad name, right? No, we'll clear it up and make it all shiny again, no more stains, no more misunderstandings.

For the first time, we'll reach out to someone who can help us out with this. I also think you're maybe going to attend the first ever non-written Blair blog entry. Not sure if it'll be a video or a vocal message yet, but we'll talk about some things together!

+ if you have any questions, inquiries, curiosities or just topics you can think of that you'd like me to comment on or answer, send them in my inbox and we'll make a Q&A if you want that.

Speak to you soon, B's babes.

Worked on a few paintings for you guys.

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 19 2018, 12:39 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Nowhere and everywhere
Never and always

home
commissions
contact me
about me
Hey everyone! I've been thinking... we need a group name, dont we? Something other than "everyone" for me to call you guys, dont you think? So far I've came up with "hey Blairs" or "bey bs" which was supposed to be plural for 'b' but it ended up as 'bullshit'. Also sounds like bees.

Anyway I'm not convinced by either of those. What if I just called you all bitches? Not all that classy, but it's what many seem to think "b" comes from anyway, from my unapologetic nature and all, I guess. I dont entirely hate it, to be honest. Ask and you shall be given and all that jazz..

Maybe send me suggestions of names for our little fandom or whatever? I'll gift you a drawing if you give the best one!

#intro

Now, onto what reaaaally interests you this week... The Love Gas. Oh yeah, that's right, we're not going to overlook that. Honestly, it was such an amazing experience. To see such a stunt pulled in today's seriousness across all nations, delicious! I should stop using the word delicious, someone I know might ask for author's rights. Anyway.

The news made it sound like pretty top secret stuff, and who doesnt like prying? But what the media failed to tell us was how much others sufered because of this. People went missing, or so we were told. Told that it was just standard procedure, selective too, but it was really only happening if you didnt cooperate. If you have a sibling, family member, neighbour, friend or coworker who went missing - get in touch with their relatives. Dont let them go through this alone, that's all I can say on this. I'm sorry, truly sorry for all of you who are worrying about someone close to you.
I'm really, really sorry.

#news

→ [ ALilPumpkin] has said: I cannot believe a love gas strikes all over novas, makes people make out with whoever is closest, everyone gets some mixing color love and I. get. hooked. with. my own color. How boring is that??? I demand a redo!

Oh, my dude, be careful what you wish for! But, boy, do I feel sad for you. It does sound like a cool once-in-a-lifetime thing, sorry you had such a misfortune! Here's a thought, make another round of the gas!
(please dont, i've suffered enough)

→ [ HeartSpark ] has said: Oh my god I've gotten in bed with my MAID. Do you know how inappropriate that is?? I'm supposed to get married in 3 days!

Uh oh... at least it wasnt your fault? It was literally the gas, but.. yikes, how to fix this.. If you caught any feelings for the Brown, work the issue out with them, dont make it your decision and your burden alone. If you dont have feelings for them and you only got them for your soon to be fiance(s), then.. perhaps amicably parting ways would be best for the tension and such, but it would be so cruel to fire or relocate someone just because of something that wasnt in either of your hands to control to begin with. Again, work it out with them and see what conclusion you two come to. Good luck!!

→ [ SadBoi ] has said: I didnt get affected by the Gas...

That's disappointing and relieving at the same time. Think of it this way: you avoided utter embarrassment? That must count for something, right?

#messages #asks #answered mail

→ [ Anonymous ] has sent:

The love gas (gas, what a terrible name for something that did a beautiful thing for a short while) has had me confused ever since the effects wore off.

At first, i didn't realize what was happening. The guy was cute, but so not my type at first glance - he is a lawyer, for Gods' sake - and i haven't had the best experience with lawyers before. So i thought 'maybe i just haven't gotten laid in a while', you know, and it's true. But it was more than that, he offered his genuine help, out of the goodness of his heart, without apparent ulterior motives. And I just melted.

I know you have a bit of experience with blind guys - though i know yours is mostly just hate. The thing is, it wasn't like he knew what I looked like and he just wanted to get in my pants. And i doubt he tries to jump the bones of every client that walks in his office - or barges into it like i did. Still, he jumped straight to work and i've never seen someone so dedicated to do something good and help a complete stranger.

Now i'm supposedly thinking clearly, so how do i know what we had was real? Was his offer just the side effects? Or did our impulses come from a little seed of truth? Did the gas amplify existing feelings (or developing ones, since it was the first time we met) or just messed with our hormones?

I guess in time I'll have my answers. Now what is YOUR story?

First of all, this was such a juicy rollercoaster to read :j Started out as so romantic, then the love gas made you both horny teenagers. Like reading fastpaced fanfiction.

Second, you and I both know that Color doesnt define a person. Maybe you havent had the best experiences with Coppers before, but you said it yourself, he was eager to help, to do right, so maybe it's just your wariness that keeps you from seeing better of him?

Third, you dont need to struggle with makeup if your boyfriend is blind, or fashion or anything that doesnt consist of touch or scent.... so I hear?

In the end... I dont know what to say about your question regarding how genuine it all was. There is no denying that the gas was the enabler here, but maybe it allowed for roots of feelings to get inside of you? Even the thought itself could be meant to be on your mind for a reason, maybe it matters to you more than you realize? Maybe you should do something about it if it doesnt go away? So long as you're careful and you tell me the details :>

#mailed story #submission

Closing up for tonight, I'll update you with more love gas incidents and personal stories first time tomorrow morning!

Night, Bitches.
#fin

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX