RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

new poll

» Love is Blind [C], Tag: Asterin
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:04 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
9 posts
65 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

Work, the daily grind, it was all of that and more for Benjamin Chambers. His client list was empty, but his father’s wasn’t. That meant Ben was stuck doing all of the paperwork his dad didn’t want to do. The firm had figure out convenient ways to transcribe all the documents people wanted to pass on to the blind lawyer into braille. THere was a lot of reading, and a lot of notes to take. Benjamin was swamped.

He set all the files to the left side of his desk and let out a massive sigh. Taking the frames of his glasses by the stem with his left hand, he pulled them off. His right hand moved to his closed eyes and he began to rub them. The lawyer was already feeling a tension headache coming on due to the work and the deadline he was given.

The intercom buzzed.

“Mr. Chambers there is someone here to see you, and they say it is urgent.”

The glasses went back on as he let out another sigh.

“Send them in,” he said genuinely happy for the reprieve and excuse to delay finishing the paperwork on his desk.

The office was not as fancy as the others. Ben’s degrees and certifications were on the wall to the right, his desk was along the back wall across from the door, and a couch, coffee table, and two armchairs occupied the left side of the office. Nothing moved. Ben was blind and it was not safe to change a room on a blind man. He couldn’t see it anyway, so the fact everything was a boring white, gray, and black scheme didn’t matter to him. Black was the only thing he could “see.” He still hoped someone would figure out how to get his sight back for him, but he wasn’t getting too anxious about it at all.

His assistant knocked on the door.

“Come in… I’m ready,” Ben said as he stood up without moving away from his desk. This was how all these meetings started. He would wait for an introduction, then he would invite the guest to the couch or give them the option of the chairs in front of his desk. From there it was whatever the meeting was about. Benjamin sure hoped he was about to get a case so he could offload his father’s work onto someone else.

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:40 AM
medic on SSS Viper
bisexual
single
63 posts
480 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

love is blindness, I don’t wanna see

Though she’s been through her fair share of troubles, Asterin couldn’t say she had a bad life. If anything, she was far better than a lot of people. She had managed to carve her own little place between the stars, which was a sweet comfort for the times she had to spend on Earth. All in all, Asterin couldn’t complain. She worked hard, kept her head low, let all those pompous Golds parade through her med lab, gossiped about them with her good friend and then she was left in peace to spend as many hours as she wanted stargazing.

But when a little piece of electronic mail arrived on her newsletter, threatening to destroy that fragile peace she’s achieved for herself, of course she was going to be furious. Her heart skipped a beat when she read the sender’s name. Or well, the institution it was sent from. Asterin read it almost without breathing and with each word she thought she was growing faint, then slowly starting to see red. She wouldn’t let it crumble just like that, at the first gust of wind. She’ll be damned before she did.

’Miss Sargent... blablablah one of the witnesses in the case of blahblah long numbers’ her mind just skipped over the boring, long words, going straight for the killing blow. ’A protected witness had recently changed his statement, prompting the reopening of the case’

The next couple of moments were spent in a hurry, looking through every piece of paper she ever owned, trying to find that damn lawyer’s address. She instantly ran there the moment she remembered his name and searched his firm on the internet. With every determined step she took, she could hear every single word written in that email sound through her head.

Fortunately, the waiting didn’t take long at all. Immediately after being invited, she barged inside demanding a ”What is the meaning of this?!” only to stop promptly in the door and look at the man, confused.

”Oh. I’m sorry. I was... looking for someone else, I’m so sorry” she mumbled quickly, heat risingin her cheeks. Ugh. The one time she tries to take hold of her situation and she messes it up. Or did she? She wonders, furrowing her brows in confusion, taking turns looking at the guy, then at the name on the door. The name looks right, the guy, on the other hand, does not. ”I’m looking for Mr. Chambers, please?” she tries again.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI
pm
^
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 04:02 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
9 posts
65 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

Ben was taken aback at the strength which the woman busted through his office door and began speaking in an accusatory manner. Suddenly there was quiet. It was a bit awkward he could imaging because his red tinted sunglasses never left his face, and it would seem as though he was staring off into somewhere. The was she looked at his door was completely missed as was the confusion her body language displayed. He did pick up on it in her tone of voice.

"I can explain," he said in a calm voice hoping it would take charge of the tone. "I think you are looking for my father, Marcus Chambers. I am Mr. Chambers, but my name is Benjamin,"

Ben placed his hands along the desk so he could feel where the corners were. He always entered and exited from the right side of where he was currently standing. The path was a well known one to him. His cane leaned against just to the right of his chair as well, and was easily grabbed as he rounded the desk.

He motioned for the woman to take a seat at the couch, and then dismissed his assistant.

"My father has a pretty full case load, so if you don't mind I may be able to help, Miss...." Ben paused and waited for her to answer. "I am pretty familiar with all of his cases, so if there is anything about them you need to discuss?"

The question was left open ended. He didn't want to assume, but Ben was good at deductive reasoning. The way she barged in made it seem as though she felt wronged by his father, or that something had gone awry.

Benjamin was unaware of it, but as he was moving to the couch a pink gaseous substance was seeping through the vents in his office. It was on the opposite side from where they were, and would take a few minutes to reach them, but being blind, Ben was completely unaware.

"If I could impose on you to tell me where you are sitting so I don't sit in your lap by accident that would be helpful."

If she had not recognized he was blind between the cane and his glasses, she would be aware with his comment, or so he hoped.

pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 02:52 AM
medic on SSS Viper
bisexual
single
63 posts
480 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

love is blindness, I don’t wanna see

It took a couple of moments for Asterin to realize the guy was blind. She was well accustomed to the Viper’s pilot and all the tell-tale signs, though they were all missed, at least at first, in all the confusion of not actually finding Mr. Chambers Sr. in that office. Instead she stumbled over this younger dude who apparently wore sunglasses inside? The Yellow was puzzled by the situation and ashamed by her blunder.

But the moment he stood up and took his cane, it all clicked into place. Not that it mattered, after all, how and what she thought of the man.

His words quickly brought light over the whole ordeal and if she was ashamed before, now she felt even more stupid. It should’ve been obvious. And here she thought she was clever.

”Thank you, Mr... Chambers” It was weird calling this man, who seemed nice, by that name. ”And I’m very sorry for my outburst” she apologized, almost sighing. Asterin took a couple of steps inside but hesitated to sit. She wasn’t yet convinced if she should trust this man. He was, after all, the son of a very mean lawyer, who has worked against her. Who was to say that his son wouldn’t do the same?

”I bet he does” she couldn’t help but snort under her nose, bitterly. She hoped he didn’t hear clearly though. Finally, Asterin gave in and decided to offer Benjamin a chance and tell him what this is about, so she accepted his offer and sat on the couch. ”Your father has recently advised one of his clients to change a statement in an old case of his, just because this man is now in trouble and it’ll help him in the present” Something about building a reliable character over the years, most probably. Or who knows what they were trying to hide.

”Unfortunately, that leaves me in said old case without a witness for some amount of time. Which prompted the government to now call me back to give another statement and it’s just!“ she paused, thinking of something else than a petulant ’not fair’ to reply with. ”Well you know how these things get rescheduled and they recall you and they take forever. I’ve been through this once, the case was closed, I don’t want to deal with that again.”

Asterin was getting engrossed in her own recollection that she didn’t notice the pink cloud slowly swirling around her ankles. Even his last request made her blink back a little to reality. ”Oh. Of course. I’m on the left side of the couch” she offered without a problem. Finally, a blind man who could accept the fact that he was blind and didn’t act like a jerk because of it.

”Anyway, I guess I just came here without a plan, really. Maybe I thought yelling at your father would help” she concluded, preparing to leave soon, though she didn’t get up yet.

BENJAMIN CHAMBERS

BY MITZI

pm
^
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 05:00 AM
Lawyer
Heterosexual
Single
9 posts
65 points
Deductive Reasoning
DIZZY
BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
Offline / COPPER

Justice IS Blind

Everyone was entitled to an impassioned outburst now and then. Passion was what made people who they were. Everyone had different passions, skills, traits, and abilities, which made everyone unique. Society lumped everyone into where they fit and where they belonged. Ben couldn't help but appreciate the diversity and respected the segregation. Each did their share, and the world was better for it. History said that anyway.

Ben simply put his hand up in response. There was something bothering her. Even once the outburst was over the inflection of her voice and the nervous pace she took heading to the couch told him all he needed to know. She was upset for a reason, and it had led to the awkward scene they just experienced.

A deep breath in, and slow breath let out.

"Believe me... you are not the first person to come barging into my office demanding to know what is going on. I'm used to it by now."

There was something between this woman and his father, and listening was the only way to know. She started to explain what was happening right away. That was good, because this case was something he didn't know too much about. The more she talked though, Ben was beginning to think this had something to do with one of the files he's been given.

His father, Marcus, would do anything to win, and this sounded a lot like him. Ben shook his head. It wasn't ethical. What was Ben supposed to do here, go against his own father? He had a file that would help the woman, but anyone would know how she got it.

A deep breath in... and a long breath out.

"Do you smell that?"

There was a floral scent in the air, and Ben was beginning to feel a little... well... amorous. He cleared his throat and pushed ahead. There was business to conduct after all.

"I know parts of the case. I'm supposed to be filing his notes and other documents. It's umm... It's on my desk, but the catch... If I give this to you, they will know it was me. It's also in braille, so I'm the only one who can tell you what it says unless you have a way of getting it transcribed?"

Ben wanted to help, and he was suddenly feeling very helpful, drawn to her even. There was something about her. Ben took a seat on the other side of couch from her as he set the file he grabbed from his desk on the coffee table. Ben smiled.

"Let me help you? We can make this go away!

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX