RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

new poll

» Let's Talk Story, Basil
MICAH TOSELAND
 Posted: May 1 2018, 03:05 AM
Actress
Straight
Single
28 posts
160 points
Cute
Rory
MICAH TOSELAND
Offline / VIOLET

M
icah was ecstatic for tonight. She spent all afternoon planning it; cleaning her apartment from top to bottom, cooking, getting the entertainment out. She knew that Basil wouldn't care less if she hadn't planned anything. There had been times where he had come over with her apartment a complete mess with cat hair everywhere and they still had a ball.

But this wasn't an unexpected visit.

They planned for this and she wanted everything to be perfect. She could be a bit crazy like that. As the sun began to set, Micah pulled out her music and popped in Sylvan Esso as she danced around her apartment happily. Her cats were especially curious about what their human was doing to the point where they trotted up to her.

Picking up Toothless she twirled a bit as Kuro pounced on her legs and meowed playfully. Spinning her way to the oven, she left the food on simmer and began to preheat the oven for banana muffins later in the evening.

CUPCAKES

--------------------
user posted image
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 7 2018, 03:14 AM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
34 posts
190 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Basil waa getting ready for a night with Micah and all of her plans for them. It never was a boring night when they spent the night with one another, and he was sure this night would not disappoint. He didn't get super dressed up, knowing they would just be around her house and not really going out anywhere.

Oh, he had so much to tell Micah! She was the one person who knew everything about him and everything that happened in his childhood, so it was so much easier to talk to her. Basil really appreciated her friendship and support, through all the years.

So, dressed in sweatpants and a grey t-shirt, he left his apartment and locked his door. The car he drove wasn't the best, but it was good enough and it got him from point A to point B. Meaning, he got to Micah’s safe and sound and in one piece. He hopped from the car, grabbing his overnight bag and headed in. Only half of a knock was given, then he stepped in.

”Micaaaah?” He called out, dropping his bag and kicking his shoes off. Basil followed the noises in the apartment until he found his dear friend, a grin stretching over his face and making his eyes squint. ”What did you make, it smells amazing in here!”

Basil and Micah had the relationship that had sleepovers, face masks, baking parties, and cuddled in bed just talking for hours. He absolutely adored her. ”So, I figured you would have a ton of things for us to do, buuut… I brought vodka.”

RORY
pm
^
MICAH TOSELAND
 Posted: May 7 2018, 04:44 AM
Actress
Straight
Single
28 posts
160 points
Cute
Rory
MICAH TOSELAND
Offline / VIOLET

I
t didn't take long for Basil to show up, singing her name as he entered her apartment. The cats went to investigate along with Micah. "Babes!" she called out to him, jogging over to him before wrapping her arms around his neck. When he asked what she was cooking, he let go of him before heading into the kitchen to show what was simmering on the stove.

"Vegetarian stir-fry," Micah answered proudly. "Don't worry, I got the fake chick'n that you really like." She had been a vegetarian for about ten years now so Basil was definitely used to how she ate. She did attempt to eat vegan, but that was a little bit more challenging and could be unhealthy if not done right.

Since her parents weren't vegetarians, she found herself having to make her own meals at a very young age. She wasn't an expert per se, but she did really enjoy cooking. And, yes, she was the type to make it look pretty for social media. She had to keep her fans updated somehow with the occasional selfie and food shots.

"And for dessert..." Micah grabbed a box of muffin mix. "Banana muffins!!!" she sang happily.

When Basil showed her the bottle of vodka that he brought, she laughed. "And I got vegan gummy bears! We can soak them!!! Gimme!" Snatching the bottle, she brought it into the kitchen where she grabbed the bag of candy and ripped them open before pouring them into a big bowl.

She then popped open the bottle before drenching the poor bears. "I can't wait!"

CUPCAKES

--------------------
user posted image
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 8 2018, 12:36 AM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
34 posts
190 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Stir fry sounded absolutely amazing. Basil felt a grumble in his stomach as he looked at the food. ”Oh, god! That looks great.” He licked his lips, then turned his gaze over to the muffins. Basil pouted. ”Micah…” He mumbled. ”Those aren't baked, yet. How am I supposed to eat those when they're still flour?” He took the box from her hands and flipped it over to read the brief instructions on how to prepare them. ”We have to remedy this situation immediately if we want to have these directly after dinner.” If his stomach could hold out for the fifteen minutes it would take to mix it all up and scoop them into muffin tins.

While Micah poured the vodka and bears into a bowl, Basil got another bowl and started to mix the banana muffins. He moved about and grabbed the eggs, oil, and water as needed, stirred them in, then sought out the muffin tin. ”I probably would have ended up eating these over the stir-fry if you had them done when I arrived.” Basil had a sweet tooth and banana muffins were his favorite.

”We will get these in the oven, eat dinner, do something else, then we can eat those gummy bears. Hopefully, it’ll be enough time for them to soak.” Gummy bears would be all Basil needed, too. He was such a lightweight, it didn't take much for him to get drunk.

MICAH TOSELAND
pm
^
MICAH TOSELAND
 Posted: May 13 2018, 04:57 AM
Actress
Straight
Single
28 posts
160 points
Cute
Rory
MICAH TOSELAND
Offline / VIOLET

M
icah scoffed at Basil for his muffin comment and watched as he began to tear open the box to make them. "Well, I was waiting for you, dummy." she teased. "Why do you think the oven is preheated?" Closing up the bottle of booze, she threw the gummy bears into the fridge to chill for a bit before she realized something.

"Uh...how long does it take for the gummy bears to fully soak?" she wondered, hoping it wouldn't take too long for them to drink up the juices. "I've actually never done this before..." she admitted.

She then grabbed her stepping stool and placed it in front of the cabinets where she couldn't reach before pulling out her muffin tin. "Here," she handed it to him before leaning over to see what he was doing. "Save some of the batter for me." she ordered with a smile.

CUPCAKES

--------------------
user posted image
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 13 2018, 10:26 PM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
34 posts
190 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Basil smiled and shrugged. "Well, if I was here before dinner was done, it wouldn't be a problem," he joked. The muffins would finish cooking by the time they finished dinner, he was sure. It wasn't that big of a deal, but he loved messing with Micah.

Oh, boy, was she going to freak when he spilled the beans to her, too. He could only imagine how she would react when he told her about Caleb... Oh, her face would be priceless. Blue eyes turned over to her when she asked about the gummy bears. They flickered to the fridge, then back to her. "I have absolutely no idea, Micah." Basil shrugged and turned his attention back to the pretty much mixed batter.

The pan was taken from her, then he grabbed spray to grease it with so they wouldn't waste time with the paper liners. "I guess we will find out when we eat them, won't we? If they're not completely done, we will eat them anyway and drink the vodka." Seemed reasonable enough, yeah?

Basil poured the batter into the muffin tin as evenly as he could, then stuck them in the oven so they would be done by the time they finished supper. There was a little batter remaining for Micah in the bottom of the bowl that he had set to the side for her. "I shouldn't have saved that. We're about to eat dinner." He grinned and got dishes for them to use for the stirfry. "Sooo... I have a lot to tell you."

MICAH TOSELAND
pm
^
MICAH TOSELAND
 Posted: May 21 2018, 02:06 AM
Actress
Straight
Single
28 posts
160 points
Cute
Rory
MICAH TOSELAND
Offline / VIOLET

D
amn, she should have looked up the recipe before pouring half the bottle of vodka into the bowl of gummies that quite possibly wouldn't get them drunk as much as she initially thought. She wondered if she had a bottle of wine lying around somewhere that they could crack open, but came on empty in the memory department. Ah well, the bottle was half-full and that was how she was deciding to look at it.

"Okay, sounds good," she responded with a nod at his plan.

As Basil finished up the muffins, Micah turned her attention to dinner which was still simmering lightly on the stove. Taking off the lid, she watched the steam float above them and into her face. Thankfully, she was wearing her contacts. Micah absolutely hated it when her glasses got fogged up in any way; the stove, the dishwasher, stepping out of the cool air-conditioned room on a humid day. Wearing glasses was a huge hindrance, in her opinion, which was why she had contacts.

Lifesavers, they were.

When Basil put aside the muffin batter, Micah's eyes lit up. "Yay!" she exclaimed, snatching the bowl and spoon off the counter. "I am a full grown woman who pays her own bills. I think I can survive eating raw muffin batter before dinner." she stuck her tongue out at her bestie before digging in.

When Basil admitted to having a lot to tell her, she smiled with the spoonful of batter in her mouth. [b]"Spill,"[b]" she ordered, plopping the leftovers into the sink.

CUPCAKES

--------------------
user posted image
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: Yesterday at 02:17 am
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
34 posts
190 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Micah was too funny. Basil rolled his eyes at her and shook his head. He started scooping stirfry into his bowl and set it on the table, then grabbed a glass of water. She was waiting for him to spill the beans. He smiled slightly and took a slow bite of his food, then chewed just as slowly. ”I may or may not have hooked up with someone.” Start with the good stuff, the things she wanted go hear. Basil grinned wider. ”With that journalist, Caleb Mocke. I got drunk.” He snickered and shook his head.

There wasn't a whole lot to tell there, but he hadn't told anyone but her and Xiao Ling. Did she count, though? Whatever. ”Anyway, it all happened really fast and I dont think I regret it.”

Another smile. ”No questions, yet; there's more.” He took another bite of his food. He was actually starving and wanted to get some into him before he had to answer a million and one questions. ”Ok, I sort of took a guy and his daughter on a date. I could see him counting his money and really wanted to help take that concern off, so he could take his daughter out without emptying his wallet, and we talked annnnnd…. He’s really sweet.” Basil frowned, then. ”But..he’s a brown…”

Now, onto the not so good news. ”And.. I saw my mother…”

MICAH TOSELAND
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX