RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
new poll

» How Rude, open
HERO INGLEWOOD
 Posted: May 3 2018, 08:54 PM
Cook
Homosexual
Single
Twenty-six
18 posts
85 points
Foodie
Kitten
HERO INGLEWOOD
Offline / BROWN

Hero had made the life decision to take his daughter to the movies, a rare treat for them both, but he was mildly regretting it when the Spenders Court proved to be quite busy. At six years old, Rosemary was curious about everyone and everything so she was being a bit more of a handful than usual. He had finally gotten her to the outside of the cinema and was double checking how much money they had so that he wouldn’t be embarrassed if he bought snacks only to find out he didn’t have enough. It had happened once before and he was quite insistent that it not happen again.

Rosemary was still by his side but looking up at all the different people coming and going. Why does your face look like that? He heard come from her mouth. His cheeks turned red with embarrassment as he turned to whatever poor soul she was badgering now, an apology on his lips.
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 3 2018, 09:29 PM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
38 posts
205 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

It wasn't often Basil found himself in Spender’s Court. Not necessarily because of money,but more or less because he had his nose stuck in a book or his computer, writing his own book. Thanks to not having much of a life outside of his work, he didn't do much but work. On the rare nights he couldn't sit still, he brought himself over to Spender’s Court.

Basil, also, wasn't much of a spendee, thanks to his job feeding his hobby for free. Anything that didn't go to bills went right to a bank account. Which, thankfully, allowed him to indulge when he really felt the need.

Unfortunately, not everyone had that luxury. As was made obvious by the man standing in line in front of him with a young girl, inconspicuously counting the little cash he had. Basil bit at his lip as he watched, pondering over the possible things he could do. Almost anyone else would pretend they didn't see, go on with their day, and act as if this man didn't exists. Basil just wasn't able to do that, though. He felt guilty for spending so freely when others struggled to give their child and evening out…

Why does your face look like that?

Basil’s attention was drawn back to the little girl. She had turned around completely to face him, those big, round eyes staring up at him. He didn't realize how clearly his thoughts could be written across his face sometimes and could only imagine what he looked like when she had asked that. Basil stared for a moment as he gathered his thoughts. Blue eyes flickered to her father (or so he assumed). A smile crept up onto his face and he crouched down to be eye level with the girl.

”Well, Sweetheart, I was trying to think of how I could ask this handsome man on a sort of….unexpected date. Is he your daddy?” Every word was spoken so the man could hear, but soft enough that it was some ‘secret’ between himself and the little girl.

How else was he supposed to offer to pay for the tickets for these two without insulting the man?!

HERO INGLEWOOD
pm
^
HERO INGLEWOOD
 Posted: May 3 2018, 11:15 PM
Cook
Homosexual
Single
Twenty-six
18 posts
85 points
Foodie
Kitten
HERO INGLEWOOD
Offline / BROWN

The apology that he had been about to say went unspoken as he took in the other mans appearance. He was personally thinking that Rosemary was referring to the mans freckles. No one in their life had freckles like the other man had. He was a little concerned for Rosemary’s safety. After all, they had never met the other man before.

Even so, he was willing to give the stranger the benefit of the doubt. And then he heard what the man was saying. “Wait, what?” Hero asked, casting a look of confusion down at the pair. Was he being punked? He even looked around a bit but no, this was actually happening.

Can’t say I’ve ever been hit on via my daughter before,” he said. Well, by a man anyway. Women tended to do so though obviously that was all for naught since Hero was gay. He wasn’t against being hit on by this man but this was a little bizarre for him.

Daddy likes men. Wanna be my other daddy? Rosemary asked. Oh lords, Hero looked up at the sky slightly in embarrassment. Could lightning strike him or something? Would that be too much to ask? "I think we'll just get going now," he managed to say, taking Rosemary's hand and hoping that she would just leave things be.

BASIL CROSS
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 3 2018, 11:48 PM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
38 posts
205 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

”Ah, well… I suppose there’s a first time for everything, yeah?” Basil laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head. He had looked up to the girls father, but remained crouched down where he was. Those blue eyes returned to the little lady when she spoke. Another nervous laugh escaped him. ”I guess it’s my lucky day, then. Except, I think it’s a little too soon to decide if I could be another daddy, sweetheart.”

Then the man was politely dismissing then. Basil bit his lip and stood, his hand at the back of his head again. ”Uh...I was only...half kidding, Sir.” He didn't think this through well.. ”Would you allow me to.. To, uh… Treat you and the Little Miss to a movie tonight? Not..not really a date.”

Basil could feel the heat crawling over his cheeks, only accenting his freckles. ”I don't mean to be rude.” No, this was feeling like a bad idea, but if everything followed through, he may have just made two new friends. Plus, the father didn't have to worry about money. Which, Basol had observed, already, that it was an issue. That only led him to believe that they were of a lower class.

Of course, it didn't deter Basil from them. His heart was too big and he didn't care for color casts or the laws forbidding mixed relationships. Not that...he was really hopeful that this would turn into anything more than him buying movies tickets and snacks.

HERO INGLEWOOD
pm
^
HERO INGLEWOOD
 Posted: May 4 2018, 12:06 AM
Cook
Homosexual
Single
Twenty-six
18 posts
85 points
Foodie
Kitten
HERO INGLEWOOD
Offline / BROWN

I suppose so,” Hero said in agreement. That was certainly the attitude he took when it came to trying new foods or creating new recipes. He couldn’t help a smile at the other mans words, glad that the other man seemed to be taking things in stride and not wholly rejecting his daughters words while also not agreeing completely. The perfect middle ground.

He considered the other mans offer, Rosemary tugging at his hand and begging him to agree. “Too bad, I wouldn’t have been against it being a date,” Hero said, now that he was a little more certain that the man really was just trying to be kind.

No, not at all. I suppose I’m the one being rude. I’m just a bit… protective,” Hero assured, feeling a little guilty now, especially since one of the main things on his mind now was how adorable the other mans freckles with a blush accenting them.

So long as you let me buy the snacks.” He should have enough for at least that without the worry of the movie tickets cost. “Knowing each others names might also help. I’m Hero and this little miss is my daughter, Rosemary.”

BASIL CROSS
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 4 2018, 12:26 AM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
38 posts
205 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

It didn't take much convincing to get the guy to agree. Basil’s lips stretched across his face in a wide grin and his hand fell from his head. ”Hmm. We will see.” It depended on what they wanted for snacks. Basil didn't want Hero or Rosemary to feel restricted on what it was they could have. ”Ah, well.. Let’s make it a date then.” He grinned even wider and looked down to Rosemary. ”Would you like to go on a date with your daddy and I?” Surprisingly, Basil was actually pretty excited with how this had all unfolded.

”Ah, yes. Names. I’m Basil. It’s very nice to meet the two of you.” He offered a hand to shake to Hero, then to Rosemary. ”I guess we already have something in common, Miss.” He joked. ”We were both named after herbs.” It wasn't often Basil jokes about his own name, but he figured it would, maybe, help avoid any awkwardness growing between himself and Hero.

Once they reached the ticket booth, Basil bought tickets for the three of them, for whatever movie Rosemary and Hero had chosen. It wasn't like he had gone with an actual idea of what he was going to see, so this was, actually, helpful. It really was nothing for him to do so, considering he hardly ever spent and he loved treating others. Especially incredibly attractive men and their adorable daughters.

As they walked over towards the snacks, Basil slid his hands in his pockets. ”You know, now that I think about it… If I’m taking you on a date, I should probably get the snacks, too.” A slow, coy smile found its way onto his face as he looked at the different candy, trying to decide what he wanted.

HERO INGLEWOOD
pm
^
HERO INGLEWOOD
 Posted: May 4 2018, 01:52 AM
Cook
Homosexual
Single
Twenty-six
18 posts
85 points
Foodie
Kitten
HERO INGLEWOOD
Offline / BROWN

Hero chuckled when the other man said that they should just make it a date then. Rosemary was quick to agree with the man and Hero couldn’t help but be amused by how sociable she could be. Not that he wasn’t but he also didn’t tend to go talking with random strangers.

He listened as the man introduced himself and he gave the mans hand a firm but friendly shake. “I’m a cook and I love food as does my whole family so it seemed natural to name her Rosemary,” he chuckled. He didn’t want to share that he was also named after food because despite his enjoyment of food and food names, he was always a little embarrassed that he was named after a food sandwich and ale.

Was it wrong that his attraction to the other man grew upon hearing his name? Well, if he was wrong, he didn’t want to be right. Basil was an awesome name, in his opinion.

Hero looked back at Basil when he said that he should get the snacks too. “You’re a smooth one, aren’t you?” He couldn’t help asking in amusement. “And very generous but I feel like I should pay for something, at least. It isn’t like we’re charity cases.” Okay, maybe they were a tiny bit but they had always managed to get by.

BASIL CROSS
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 4 2018, 05:00 AM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
38 posts
205 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Smooth wasn't necessarily the word Basil would use to describe himself, so the comment had him laughing softly. ”Honestly, I am the farthest thing from smooth.” He slid his hands into his pockets and shrugged. ”No, you’re not a charity case. I’d just like you and your daughter to have an enjoyable night out without any worries.” His gaze turned over to Hero and he shrugged again. This wasn't for a charity sake, it was for the sake of Hero being able to go home and not have to worry about how much he spent that night. ”How about...you buy the popcorn… Or drinks?”

Basil smirked and pulled his wallet out. ”Rosemary, what would you like?” thankfully, Hero had taken Basil’s approach well. There were many negative ways he could have reacted, so Basil was grateful he didn't have one of those reactions. ”I like her name. I think she’s going to be my best friend.” He smiled and gave a little wink to the girl.

It surprised Basil how comfortable and open he felt in that moment. Usually, talking with new people had him nervous and rambling and a complete mess. Yet, somehow, he was managing to handle it well. Maybe, it had something to do with the young girl?

Basil had always been nervous about the possibility of having children. There were a lot of traumas associated with his own childhood, he feared he could never properly raise a child. Yet, here he was, able to connect with another adult better because of their child.. Weird. Xiao Ling would have a field day with this.

”How old is she?”

HERO INGLEWOOD
pm
^
HERO INGLEWOOD
 Posted: May 4 2018, 04:04 PM
Cook
Homosexual
Single
Twenty-six
18 posts
85 points
Foodie
Kitten
HERO INGLEWOOD
Offline / BROWN

Really? I never would have guessed,” Hero said, a little flirtatiously when Basil said that he was the farthest thing from smooth. “I can get the drinks.” That seemed to be the best compromise, he wouldn’t feel like a charity case or a freeloader and Basil wouldn’t have to limit himself to a Browns meager budget.

Rosemary asked for a popcorn and a cola and Hero got the same. “I hope you don’t wholly mind spending your evening watching a kiddie flick,” he said to Basil while Rosemary walked ahead of them towards the screening room. Tonight had been for Rosemary so Hero obviously didn’t mind but he didn’t know how Basil might feel about unexpectedly spending his evening watching a cartoon.

BASIL CROSS
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 4 2018, 05:25 PM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
38 posts
205 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Like father, like daughter, he supposed. Three popcorns, three tonics, and three different kinds of candy to settle his own sweet tooth, as well as that of the child. He was sure she was old enough to understand the limit on what she could and could not have, so he did not want either of them to feel as if they couldn't have more just because of what they were used to. Basil was not made of money, but he had enough. It really wasn't a problem.

”Spend enough time with me, and you’ll see what sort of mess I am.” He grinned as he threw a single piece of popcorn into his mouth. ”I’m also pretty unsteady on my own two feet, so don’t be alarmed.” Basil was as honest as they came. Especially, when it came to his faults.

The trio turned towards the theater, Rosemary in the lead. Basil was already munching on his popcorn as he walked. Hero was worried about Basil minding what they watched, but he just smiled and shook his head. ”Honestly, I probably would have ended up watching it anyway. It doesn't bother me in the least.” Blur eyes had turned to the Brown. ”Even if I did mind, it all got swept away as soon as Rosemary asked if I wanted to be her other daddy.”

Basil had to laugh as his gaze turned to the little lady. She was adorable and hilarious. ”Kids say the funniest things.”

HERO INGLEWOOD
pm
^
HERO INGLEWOOD
 Posted: May 4 2018, 06:21 PM
Cook
Homosexual
Single
Twenty-six
18 posts
85 points
Foodie
Kitten
HERO INGLEWOOD
Offline / BROWN

I’m sure I could say the same thing,” Hero said wryly. The main thing that he did great was food, he was an expert at that. He liked to think he did a good job of raising his daughter but he had no real clue what he was doing most of the time.

Are you saying you’re accident prone?” Hero chuckled. He had a friend like that. It had gotten so bad that he’d had to ban the man from ever entering his kitchen lest he get blood on something.

Hero had the sense to blush a little when Basil brought up how Rosemary had asked the man if he wanted to be her other daddy. “They definitely do,” he said, making a mental note to sit down and have a talk with Rosemary. Because imagine if she ever said something like that again to a gray. Lords, he would probably be killed on the spot and his daughter did not need to be orphaned because she shipped him with random men.

"Someday she's going to get me in trouble," he added lightly as he took his seat and settled in.

BASIL CROSS
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 4 2018, 07:11 PM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
38 posts
205 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

”I’m sure you’re not a mess. Look how wonderfully you’ve raised your daughter.” Basil had to admire Hero for it, too. He didn't think he could ever be a single parent. Then again, he just made the assumption he was single. He had to be, right? He wouldn't go one a date if he wasn't, nor would his daughter ask for a stranger to be her daddy. Hm. Basil was overthinking again. ”My apartment is the cleanest thing about my life.” As much as it was a joke, he was also pretty serious.

”Yes, I am very accident prone. I haven't broken anything, yet.” He laughed. Bones, he hadn't broken any bones. Inanimate objects… Yes. Many. So, so many. He wouldn't mention that, though. Not unless he ever felt the need to. Basil sat down and stuck his popcorn between his legs so he wouldn't have to hold it with his hands, then tore open one of the boxes of candy. ”I’m sure a grey would understand she is young and doesn't fully understand yet. If not, maybe they’re the ones who need to be taken care of.” Basil frowned.

Maybe, this date would end and he would never hear from Hero again. The color caste system sucked sometimes. Basil didn't understand why you were restricted to just your color and no others. It was sort of understandable that mixing colors when it came to children would prove difficult, but there could always be adjustments to laws on how to handle those situations.

Alas, it was not a call he could make.

”Someday, things won't be so….separated.” Or, so he hoped. Basil looked over at Hero and smiled. ”For now, it’ll be our little secret.” Basil bit the head off of the gummy bear in hand, then returned his attention to his popcorn.

He needed to be more careful with what he was saying. Greys patrolled the theater and he didn't need someone getting the wrong idea and arresting him. Children definitely didn't need to see that, either.

HERO INGLEWOOD
pm
^
HERO INGLEWOOD
 Posted: May 7 2018, 03:47 AM
Cook
Homosexual
Single
Twenty-six
18 posts
85 points
Foodie
Kitten
HERO INGLEWOOD
Offline / BROWN

Thanks but you haven’t seen her after she’s had a bar of chocolate in her,” Hero said teasingly. “But really, I get my parents help a lot.” Rosemarys mother had already been an orphan when they had been involved and he had no clue if the rest of her side of her family were surviving or where they lived.

Well, I’d hope so but from what I’ve seen most aren’t exactly the talk first, consequences later sort of people.” Thankfully, he had never done anything to warrant a visit from a gray. Maybe he was being a bit prejudiced but they all seemed quite ruthless to him. Hero supposed one had to be if you executed people for the crime of falling in love with someone that had been born differently than you.

That would be nice. In the really ancient days, people would ask what your age, gender and location was. Now it’s, age, gender, color and location.” That was life though and he piped down as the movie got started. This conversation wasn’t really one to have out in the public like this. But he did very much want future conversations with Basil, he decided.

As Rosemary watched the movie, Hero slipped a piece of paper out of his pocket and wrote his number down. This was probably very ill-advised but surely no harm could come from striking up a discreet friendship with this man? Or at the very least to talk to each other online would be nice. With that thought in mind, he slipped the paper over to the other man.

BASIL CROSS
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: May 7 2018, 11:54 PM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
38 posts
205 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

”I’m sure no one will be executed for a friendly night at the movies.” Blue eyes rolled over to the Brown with a soft smile. Basil would never try to get anyone in trouble, especially not a father. ”Well, you’re lucky to have your parents, then. I’m sure they're a blessing.” He wanted to ask where her mother was, but it was none of his business. He would go along with it and let that information come naturally, just as he would learn more about this Brown naturally. Hopefully.

Once the movie started, Basil’s attention returned to his popcorn. Most people didn't appreciate conversations being carried on during a movie. Basil was willing to get they had a certain sjx year old with them that would shush them, too. He slouched in his seat and stared at the screen as he tossed popcorn in his mouth and wiped the remaining butter from his fingers on his pants. He had been completely oblivious to Hero writing down his number, up until the paper had been held out before Basil for him to take.

The Violet was thankful for the cover of the dark as he blushed and took the paper from Hero, giving a sheepish look and smile. The Brown would like to see him again. Or, at the very least, talk to him again. That warmed Basil. He bit his lip as he committed the number to memory, then slid the paper in his pocket. He would send a text to Hero before the night was over.

Which, ended up being a few minutes later. Basil had to get up to use the bathroom. He took his phone out and sent a small text to Hero so he would have his number.

Don't miss me too much <3

What a corny loser.

HERO INGLEWOOD
pm
^
HERO INGLEWOOD
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 05:30 AM
Cook
Homosexual
Single
Twenty-six
18 posts
85 points
Foodie
Kitten
HERO INGLEWOOD
Offline / BROWN

"They certainly are," Hero said with a smile. He didn't know where he would be without them. He was especially grateful since he had to leave her with them often whenever he had to leave on the ship for extended periods of time. For the moment, however, his mind wandered over to the movie though it sometimes slipped to the violet that had unexpectantly become the benefactor of their little movie night together. It was nice of him to do so but the brown couldn't help some slightly embarrassment.

Hero looked up as Basil left, assumed he had gone off to either relieve himself - whether it be his bladder or the company of Hero and a six year old, he didn't know. Feeling his phone vibrate in his jeans, he pulled his phone out and looked at the little screen as conspicuously as he could. He couldn't help a chuckle that Rosemary shushed him for when he read the text that he had gotten.

What if I already am? Planning to come back? He sent back because, well, who knew. Maybe Basil was gonna give them the slip.

BASIL CROSS
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 07:24 PM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
38 posts
205 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Basil relieved himself,, then washed his hands before checking his phone again. He grinned at the message, feeling a little flutter in his heart. Maybe this was a bad idea. No, he knew it was a bad idea. The theatre was crawling with greys and he was dancing on the edge of a very illegal activity. Of course, he would lie and say he was not on an actual date with the brown; they were just friends taking the man's daughter out. The fact that he even had to think about it made him nervous and a bit nauseous. Why was it so wrong to feel for someone of another color.

This night had become something entirely out of Basil's element and not anything he would have ever imagined himself doing. Of course, he knew he should never let it progress to more than just a little fling, more than friends, but he wasn't sure how to handle the flutters and the excitement Hero gave him. It was wrong... it was so wrong.

Basil didn't text back. Mostly, by accident. He had stepped out of the way of the sink to allow someone else in and slipped his phone in his pocket. He hastily made his way back to the theatre and slid back into hs seat, leaning in closer to Hero's ear with a grin. "I would never slip out like that. He whispered, leaning back to look at the other. A sudden desire to kiss him came over Basil and made his cheeks turn pink. The smile had fallen and a look of uncertainty replaced it. He hardly knew this man....why would he want to kiss him?

HERO INGLEWOOD
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling