RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
new poll

» what happens Off-Novas..., stays off-novas? INA/michael
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 12:45 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

you blew through me like bullet holes
"I dont know what you expect me to do with these." The woman scoffs, strapping a pair of laser cuffs to her Grey utility belt, then she checks if she has a safe amount of bullets left, as well as if the required scorcher pistol for this trip is all fine. Her comment is directed at another Grey, who had been informing her and MICHAEL GRAHAM about the ship they were about to visit.

An abandoned vessel, stories circulated around the village that it was haunted - a pretty ridiculous claim to make in the year 4066. And yet, the colonists here all believed that. The SSS Viper, Blackwood and Graham's ship, had stopped here to provide some supplies for the colony who had been forgotten until recently, due to some communication technology failures. Perhaps the lack of contact with the people outside of their settlement contributed to humanity's instinct to make up reasons to explain the paranormal? With no one from the exterior checking in and with no one new to provide help, the people were left managing on their own. Hell, the whole ghost rumor was nothing next to what Ruby heard from a kid here, a scary story saying that an alien aboard the now-abandoned ship had infected and taken over the old crew. Or was it the old pilot? At first, she paid no mind to fairytales, but it was better to keep an open mind and be on the look out for any... guests, than act alknowingly and get in danger.

"Just for security. In case..." In case the ghost attacks them? Ruby wanted to complete the Grey's sentence with that, but only raised her brows at them, with a "oh please" look. What were bullets going to do to a phantom? "The cuffs are to drag it back here, right?" She couldnt help but huff amused, and the Grey in front of her shook his head, then followed with a shrug. "I warned you. We have no idea what happened there, and we dont really want to go find out ourselves. Now it's up to you how you approach it. Thanks again for all the help, by the way. You guys were like a miracle." Now, it is his time to puff, this time in awe, then he shakes Blackwood's hand and departs, to go check if the Brown at the gates has the terrain car ready to take the Grey and the Blue to the abandoned ship.

Ruby threw another look at her utility belt, tugging on it once more to make sure it was well secured, before turning to face the Blue next to her, who had also been told the situation with the ship and instructed on what he has to do. Apparently they just had to go see if the ship can still be used, aka have Graham connect to the ship and try to power it up. Ideally also take it back to the village from the crash site, but it wasnt needed since it hadnt been used in so long, and safety was lacking. If the ship was still functional, Ruby assumed that Oranges and Greens would be dispatched to fix it up.

"You ready to go?" She asked, then headed towards the gate, staying close so he wouldnt walk in the wrong direction. She wasnt sure if he'd use her voice as a guide or something, but the more she worked with him, the more mindful she became of his condition, unknowingly.

However....she'd have appreciated it more if Benji or Danya got sent to keep the Blue safe instead of herself. Gods knew how awkward these past few weeks have been - between avoiding the man and only exchanging the bare minimum interactions, not even fighting, but just being plain awkward - Ruby wasnt sure that she was ready to go on a short mission all alone with him. And it wasnt because of ridiculous reasons (like thinking another "Love Gas" would hit them, or whatever the news called it), but because he had been equally distant and awkward and what if they made things even more uncomfortable, somehow? What a nightmare.

"Did you notice he told you to be on the look out for ghosts?" She chuckled, albeit with an awkward air, before taking a deep breath and regretting that she felt the need to clear the tension in the air a bit. Then, she dug her grave deeper in the awkwardpit with "You know, 'cause you're__ blind and__ nevermind. Anyway! Tall terrain car, mind your step." She almost said "watch your steps". Why. This never happened before, so why now? Awful, just awful.

She went in first, then another Grey officer helped Michael get in and followed into the car. From there, they were off to the vessel's place.

Except, the car would leave them close by, instead of driving up to it. It was clear that the colonists were scared to get any closer. Michael was even given a GPS, supposedly it was only like a few minutes of walking to the ship from where the car would drop them off. Then, they'd have to call back for the jeep to pick them up again, with some oldfashioned walkie talkie of some sort. Ruby tried it a few times...but it seemed to work in a wonky way, she wouldnt trust it too much. Hopefully its battery wont leave them.

TAG: MICHAEL GRAHAM
900 words, tell me if it needs any sort of edits <3
BY MITZI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC
STATUS Come talk to me about whatever you have on your mind and I will do my best to offer help!

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 06:09 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
176 posts
470 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

It's not gay if it's on the moon
Of all the grays in the Viper, Michael always seemed to be stuck with the one he hated the most. Miss Ruby Blackwood, bitch extraordinair, the woman who always managed to push his buttons on the worst of ways. And Vanic thought they would make a good team to tackle an old abandoned ship and a few scared colonist. The fact that they had to help scared colonists and pretend they were heros should’ve been hint enough that this wasn’t a mission for Michael. But in his defense, they wanted to move the ship, and Michael was the only experienced pilit in the ship.

For now, he was just waiting the preparations, leaning against the wall while Ruby took care of the what was left to do. He could only wait and It was boring but at least he wasn’t alone with her in the most awkward of stupid silences to ever silence.. Once they were gone he followed Ruby, he didn’t need a guide, he was wearing his seeing glasses that was basically sunglasses connected to his Digitats that read the terrain in front of him and fed it to his senses directly, a little like when he connected to the ship cameras.

But walking in silence wasn’t the worst he could be subject to. No, no. The worst was when Ruby tried to make small talk. He shot her a little glares she wouldn’t see due to his glasses. What was she trying to accomplish here? Yes he heard he said to be on lookout for ghosts, but they didn’t do small talk, they hated each other on the best days but after that…. Love gas scandal, they had avoided each other like the plague, an awkwardness hung in the air and Michael always made a point of leaving the room when she was around.

“I don’t need help.” He snapped both at her warning and the driver trying to help him. He got inside the car on his own without a problem. He sat as far from Ruby as he could, this was the worst, the heaviness in the air, how off footed he felt, how he couldn’t stop… thinking… No, he wouldn’t go there, not here, not now. Ugh. he wanted to go home. “Let’s go, the sooner we’re done with this crap, the better for everyone.” He told the driver.

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 05:04 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

He didnt reply to her awkward comments.

Ruby supposed that was good, great actually. It meant they didnt have to make smalltalk, no need for forced courtesies.. stretched laughs.. awkward reactions.. the weird tension in the air.. god, she got the biggest shiver down her back because she started internally cringing at all of it. The skin on her arms turned to just goosebumps, for crying out loud!

It was really awful, she couldnt even take her mind off of this now, standing away from each other on the only bench in the car made them look like total toddlers. She even saw the two Greys in the front seats give them odd glances, especially after Michael's rude comment. She honestly felt embarrassed, even if it had been weeks since the...uh...incident. His simple presence did things.

It had been the longest, most awkwardly silent ride Ruby ever took, with small exceptions when the two colonists talked to each other. They shared their versions of the whole ghost story, and honestly Ruby didnt want to hear it, it was already a little scary, in the irrational way. Ghosts didnt exist, did they?

Ruby realized she'd rather deal with some vile entity rather than awkward Michael.

The two Greys stopped the Jeep in the middle of an empty field, greenery not too tall, just reaching one's knees. In the distance, the beginning of a forest could be seen, and as the car's engine stopped, Ruby figured this was their stop.

"This is where you get off. He has your GPS, it's got the wreck as a set destination. Shouldnt take you more than 10-15 minutes to get there by foot. Then, when you arrive there it automatically switches to a new destination: this pickup point. Just return when you're all done and we'll take you back. Remember to signal us through the walkie-talkie." The Grey gave the Vipers his instructions, while they all exited the car and inspected the sight.

"Got it. Are you sure these talkies are fine?" From such distance? Shouldnt they have more than one battery line? "Yeah, they're fine. We always use them. Alright, good luck, and be careful!"

Ruby nodded and gave a little wave as the boys returned into the Jeep and she was left alone with the Blue soon.

The soft breeze rustling through the greenery kept the awkward silence at bay.

Ruby started walking towards the woods, guessing Graham wouldnt want more smalltalk.

Soon, they were surrounded only by the sounds of nature, the soothing breeze along with little insect songs. It would have created such a good mood, if only they werent heading to a ghostship.

"How's the GPS?" She finally built the courage to ask, tone matching the calmness of the surroundings.

900 words, tell me if it needs any sort of edits <3
BY MITZI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC
STATUS Come talk to me about whatever you have on your mind and I will do my best to offer help!

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 03:17 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
176 posts
470 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

The ride to the abandoned ship was long and silent. The tension in the air could almost be touched, Michael was sure the colonists could feel things were weird between the two of them. Michael was of the opinion things would be a thousand times better if Ruby stopped trying to make small talk. They didn’t have small talk even when they were so awkward around each other, they just threw insults in place of niceties.

After the longest 45 minutes of Michael’s life, they stopped. From inside the car he couldn’t get a reading on the terrain, all the glasses picked up was the window. So it was a surprise when he opened the door and all the glasses could pick up was plants. Plants everywhere, overgrown grass, trees in the distance, and not to mention the smell of nature all around him.

He quite liked it, if he was being honest…. He took a deep breath just as the grays explained how the picking up would work. They would rendezvous in this same place, because everyone was cowardly and wouldn’t get near the ship site. “15 minutes of walking, are you kidding me? ” Of course he had to complain. “Not even to help a blind man out? Bunch of cowardly grays, you all are.” He huffed.

He tapped the gps and thankfully, it had a voice AI who was more than glad to talk directions at him. “Blackwood, do you have the walkie-talkie?” Who used that kind of tech anymore?? “Why can’t we use our datacons again?” It was they were in buttfuck nowhere, that was why, and the extranet didn’t reach this far in the outer ring.

But then there was no answer to his words. And looking around with his glasses, Michael realized he had been talking to thin air, the grays were already gone “Fuckers. Is it standard procedure for you grays to ignore everyone but your own color?? Or are they blind too and didn’t see me all this time?” Yeah, that pissed him off, nothing better to break the ice than pissing him off, just like that, michael forgot the awkwardness and embraced the anger instead.

“Hey! Don’t just walk off!” He stomped after her, couldn’t they see he was blind??? “The GPS is with me, do you even know where you are going?” He was going to get lost from everyone at this rate. At least he had the gps.

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 1 2018, 02:30 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Right when she thought awkwardness would progressively and completely eat the two up sooner or later, Michael returned to his usual "pissed at the entire world" state, saving her lots of smalltalk trouble. He posed some interesting questions, but unfortunately there either were no answers to them given by the others as they left, or not even Ruby knew how to reply to them. The one meant as a jab at Greys was pretty funny though, it always seemed like Graham had the biggest issues with her Color.

It was odd, however, to hear Michael bring up his inability to see as something that required help. He didnt usually do that, if ever actually, and Ruby was caught off guard by it. Was he just trying to get the Greys to do more than they bargained for, or did he genuinely fall into a pit of despair while she hadnt interacted with him across the previous weeks? "They saw you alright." They just ran off from you because you're awful. But she didnt continue her deadpan with that..

Ruby turned in her tracks, raising a hand above her eyes to block out the sun coming into her eyes now. "I'm heading for the forest...woods...jungle, whatever it is, yes? There's no shipwreck out here in the open." She replied in a smart tone, already turning on her heels once more to continue walking, admittedly slower so Michael could catch up or lead the way. "Who would get lost in an open field anyway?" Idiots like Graham, probably. "Just scream my name if you get lost or something." A shrug followed, after which Ruby tensed up, hearing that sentence play again and again in her mind and realizing how wrong it sounded. Surely she wouldnt have found it so much of an innuendo if they hadnt uhh had a moment.

tell me if it needs any sort of edits <3
BY MITZI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: May 7 2018, 05:27 AM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
176 posts
470 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

The grays saw him, then it was even worse, they were deliberately ignoring him. Nugfuckers, was what they were.

Michael caught up to Ruby easily enough, even passed by her without stopping. He had the gps in his ears, listening to the AI reciting instructions on how to get to the wreck. “Go on ahead, i don’t care. If you get lost, you have no right to cry for help.” He said moodily, trying to out pace her and leave her behind “The field is not the problem, you idiot, it’s the woods. Woods you’ve never been to, in an alien planet. That’s how stupid soldiers get killed.” He explained as if Ruby was a specially brain dead child.

He stomped until her got at the edge of the pains and the tree started to thicken. He was a little hesitant to go in, just from there the amount of stuff covering the forest was almost too much for his spatial awareness glasses to pick up and make out. This would be difficult, and Michael feared he would actually need Ruby’s help. But damn if he was going to admit it. “Did you get lost already. Please say yes” He turned around to see where Ruby was. Unless she was in front of him and his glasses couldn’t differentiate her from a tree. Not unlikely.

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 7 2018, 10:48 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

It would have been very nice if he put the GPS on speaker, so she could also hear and as such benefit from the actual directions given by the device, but noo, Graham being Graham kept it all to himself. It did not surprise her. He pointed out the issue with the woods as if she wasnt aware of it or something, but why worry when they werent in yet? Jeez. He had to be so extra just to be right, it made her roll her eyes all to herself. "So caring of you, thanks for the advice." Advice she didnt ask for?? Advice she didnt need?? Sarcasm could be heard in her voice.

She let him go ahead like the smartass he seemed to think himself to be. While he lead the way, she kept inspecting the surroundings, looking for anything that would be off, but so far everything seemed normal? Why were the colonists so afraid to get to the woods if nothing was suspect? Bunch of cowards. Or maybe that meant they should start being on their guard? Either way, Ruby would be cautious, just not irrationally scared by ghost legends.

As they reached the foot of the woods, Michael stopped walking, but didnt stop being an ass, and as he turned to look around for her, Ruby walked past him to step into the forest. Lowkey she wanted to prove herself that entering that area would be no different, stupid superstitions were stupid. At his question, she deadpanned with "Yes" , then folded her arms at her chest and stood facing him. "Why did you stop? Also, cant you put your GPS on speaker or something, so I can also hear it? Feels really unfair that I have to blindly trust you into some haunted place." That, and she felt vulnerable because of it, because she couldnt have a say in the matter. What if he understood a direction wrong, which maybe she could have corrected if only she could also hear? The lack of the smallest control over the situation made her uneasy, Greys liked being sure on themselves and trusting their gut. The fact that they did that while following orders like sheep was not her issue, not her case. She also wanted to ask about why he was wearing such bulky glasses when it wasnt even that much sun in the woods anyway, just felt like a way for him to hide his eyes, which was slightly disappointing. She hadnt seen blind equipment before, so there was no way to know they held a specific purpose. But they were busy figuring stuff out now, about the GPS and such, didnt feel like a moment for a casual question. Or mockery, she wanted to tell him he looked like an idiot with those on only to make him take them off.

tell me if it needs any sort of edits!
BY MITZI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: May 10 2018, 03:08 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
176 posts
470 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

Bitch. Then she wondered why he was such a jerk to her. Blackwood was immature and a huge bitch, even when he was trying to explain, that yes, she wasn’t all powerful and they were in a potentially hostile location. You’d think grays would know how to behave in such situations. He rolled his eyes and decided to not dignify her salt with a response.

Even when he had the courtesy of waiting for her she had to be a huge arrogant bitch about it. “I was waiting so you would catch up. But fine, i won’t try working together anymore, i’ll just go ahead.” He said before he resumed walking, and this time he didn’t bother checking if she was nearby or not, he had the gps, he knew where he was going.

“The GPS is on speaker, or do you think coming to this planet suddenly cured me? If you can’t trust me then you shouldn’t have run ahead and left the GPS with me. Can’t you shut up and just do your job? Or do you have to bitch about every single thing?” He was getting annoyed with her fast. “Go back to awkward small talk. Or are you afraid of the fucking ghost they say they have here? Pathetic.” There was no such thing as ghosts, though some people would believe anything they were told. To be honest, Michael hadn’t taken Blackwood to be such type of person.

jaaclaine @ epifania

pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 11 2018, 09:49 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

That was what he thought teamwork meant? Fucking being an ass to the other? Breaking news, he was wrong. Ruby felt like he cooperated more when they were stuck in that wardrobe together, useless blind guy and all, but at least he wasnt so mean. She decided it wasnt worth to argue with him too.

Speaker?? Then why did he keep in all for himself, what a self-centered piece of shit. What pissed her off more was how he always seemed to call her incompetent, in a way or another. "There's no ghost, it's 4066, who believes in that shit anymore??" She had to get that out of the way first, before following up with "Stop fucking patronizing me and mind your own fucking business, Michael. My job doesnt say that I cant bitch about bitches and you're acting like one even after I was trying to be civil. Again." Old story with them, it wasnt a surprise anymore. She huffed in annoyance, stomping as she walked, now alongside the Blue. Why couldnt Benji or Danya have gone instead of her??

tell me if it needs any sort of edits!
BY MITZI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: May 15 2018, 05:20 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
176 posts
470 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

“Demanding things like a brat is being civil? I don’t owe you anything, gray” Cowardly Ruby, believed in ghosts and was an ass every time she spoke to Michael. Could anyone really blame him for being snippy when she kept ordering around like he owed her respect and obedience just because she shouted? “You’re very shouty for someone who’s trying to being civil. Try harder.”

Gosh he just wanted to go home. But alas, the only thing he could was go ahead and go deeper into the death forest, the GPS still guiding him (and only him).

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 16 2018, 04:39 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Gods, how frustrating it was to interact with him. It was similar to trying to stand on a ball without falling, except falling represented getting pissed at him and the ball meant "on civil terms". It was just impossible. Ruby's first impulse was to say "Maybe I'll stop trying then, so you see what Not being civil is actually like, and get to make the difference. I'm starting to think that the only moment you are NOT an asshole is when you're asleep."

The greenery around made grassy noises while they passed through the forest talking, now and then some sounds similar to birds flying by would be heard, but besides that it was all very silent the more they got closer to where the wreck was supposed to be. It was unsettling eventually.

MICHAEL GRAHAM

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: May 24 2018, 02:14 AM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
176 posts
470 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

On civil terms, to him, would be the one moment in which she wasn’t insulting or demanding anything of him. It happened only once… okay, twice so far. But the second one was illegal to mention and they both agreed to never mention it ever again. She was so civil at the cab station though……… her voice….. He shook his head, before his mind started delving into memories. “Maybe you’re right” He said, but his tone didn’t have the same bite as before.

Beside the sound of grass being stomped as they walked, silence fell over them and slowly but surely they got closer to the ship wreck. Michael listened closely to the directions the GPS voiced, and with his glasses it wasn’t difficult to avoid rocks and trees as if he could see as well as anyone else. He may be blind but he wasn’t a complete invalid, he thought bitterly as he jumped over a log with ease. “We’re close.”

jaaclaine @ epifania

pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 24 2018, 11:54 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Maybe you're right.

What? Ruby's breathing came to a halt for a moment, and so did her walking. Did he agree with her? Where was the snark? What did he mean she was right, she was never right in his opinion, was he feeling alright? Ruby squinted confused, actually a little worried about his health. Maybe this planet's flora, atmosphere..maybe they messed with his brain? She resumed her walking. She decided to keep a close eye on him throughout the day, and on the way back to Novas, in case he was indeed feeling unwell.

Although, he didnt stop surprising her there. As they came closer and closer to the ship and fallen logs, broken branches were left behind from the crash, Michael literally and honest to god jumped over a fallen tree. What??? Wasnt he blind??? Then he said they were close, to the ship obviously, but Ruby was so deep in overthinking and analyzing things now that she ridiculously thought he might have made a reference of some sort, or that he wanted to start a conversation about something else.

Then, she realized how stupid that thought was and couldnt believe her mind darted all over the place while dissociating. "Yeah but- how did you do that? Did the GPS tell you there was gonna be a log in 10 cm??" No, she didnt know about super hightech glasses for blind people, because she wasnt one and she had no other blind friends. Or uh, coworkers. Then, the ship came in sight, and it was horribly rusty under all that crawling ivy.

MICHAEL GRAHAM

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: May 31 2018, 07:11 PM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
176 posts
470 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

The action had come naturally, the seeing eye glasses gave Michael a certain freedom and confidence for maneuvering around the ambient that a simple cane did not. He didn’t even think it would appear odd to someone who didn’t know his glasses were special.

“What?” What was Ruby yapping about, he thought. It took him a moment to realize he had done the impossible at first glance. “Oh.” He touched his bulky glasses “These map the area for me and feed it through my digitats. It’s neat” And he absolutely loved those glasses, he had them for less than two months, it was a new sort of technology that mostly seemed targeted at blues.

jaaclaine @ epifania

pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 04:21 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
347 posts
1225 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Tech glasses? Well, that explained a lot. From why he wore them even in the woods where the sun wasnt blinding anymore, to how he managed to not trip or bump into anything even once all day. Ruby was pretty impressed.

"That's pretty cool. Here I thought you were just trying to hide your eyes with ridiculously bulky shades. I was gonna tell you to take them off already." Not like anyone else could see him here, but again, they turned out to have a purpose. "Soo can you see eveything or just volume shapes?" It was a weird thought that maybe he could see her as well. Ruby wasnt sure how she'd feel about that, oddly enough.

MICHAEL GRAHAM

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
MICHAEL GRAHAM
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 01:30 AM
Spaceship Pilot
Pansexual
Single
176 posts
470 points
Jerk
Ina
MICHAEL GRAHAM
Offline / BLUE

“Are you glasses supervisor now? If I wanted to wear glasses for no reason, i would damn well do it.” Since when did he gave Ruby permission to decide what he should or shouldn't wear? Her entitlement annoyed him, like everything else the woman did.

But he didn’t mind explaining the neat peace of tech he had, it was a new thing, almost unheard of, and it made his life a thousand times easier. “I can’t see colors, and even the shapes aren’t an exact thing either. But it gives me a rough map of what is in front of me. I can see you’re person shaped, but nothing else.” He’d lie if he said if he wasn’t curious on what the bane of his existence looked like though.

jaaclaine @ epifania
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling