RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

new poll

» Lost and Found, Tag: Mordy
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 05:46 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

If found return to Safety
This was why Olivier never took the hover bus. He always got hopelessly lost. It was so stupid, the thing never came in time, and then he had to figure out what button to press to tell it to stop, and buses with the same name but different routes. The end result was Olivier found himself in the middle of lower Novas and with no idea how to go back to civilization.

But that wasn’t the end of Oli’s rotten luck. Oh no, he barely started walking when three guys surrounded him, all three with knives or other cutting devices. Oli almost cried when they demanded his credit chip, his holopad, and every piece of gadget he was carrying. And then they took his shows as well, because why the hell not??

So not only he didn’t know which hover buss to take, he also had no money to pay for he pass anyway. He cursed not for the first time the fact that his car was busted. How did people live like this??? Not able to afford a car and using public transport everywhere?? Oli should find a green and make something cheap these poor people could afford. A charity service….

But first he had to survive. And looking at this dirty street, the beggers, the smelly alleys and shady people lurking and staring at his clearly out of place figure, Olivier wasn’t so sure he would be able to….

He wanted to ask for help, for directions, but the harsh faces and suspicious eyes left him speechless everytime he gained a little bit of courage to approach. So he took two steps and just stood there.

He wanted his dad…… He’d be disappointed but at least Oli would be safe.

pm
^
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 03:58 PM
scavenger
90% straight
ready to mingle
37 posts
325 points
buffoon
Vera
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
Offline / RED

tag: OLIVIER KOWALSKI

finders keepers

For Mordo, it was a night as any other. He’d been up since morning and everything went as usual. Work chores, tasteless lunch break, then rushing the rest of his chores to catch a couple of hours for a nap. Then chores again, this time for his current crime boss. He patrolled the streets, looking for any sign of trouble – Greys, gangs, anything. Like the rest of the week, this night was quiet too.

Satisfied, he decided that instead of continuing to do his job ‘till the end of the night, he could take a break and go see what shenanigans his friends were up to. There wasn’t anything happening anyway, surely his boss’ business will not collapse in one night, right?

He turned a corner on a street that decent folks avoided completely, sometimes even during the day. And by ‘friends’ he referred to some street thugs that were amiable enough to let him loiter around in exchange for some mild bullying.

There were a couple of men huddled around a trash bin set on fire. They were passing a bottle between them and laughing loudly. He would have to weasel his way between them and he didn’t really feel like going through the trouble. Then on the other side of the street was another group of acquaintances, doing pretty much the same, but Mordo scurried off and avoided attracting attention, since he owed them some money from their last drug deal.

He hurried his steps and when he considered that he put a safe distance, he finally sighed, relieved. He took out a cigarette, trying to decide which gang to join tonight and which one will make him hurt less. His lighter was out of gas and he groaned like a child, thinking that now he really had no choice but to go ask someone.

Right then, with the corner of his eyes, he noticed a slim figure who seemed to stand there a little off from the whole picture, not really doing anything. So he approached to inspect the wanderer, hoping that he’ll get lucky. ”Hey miss, got a lighter?” He crossed his fingers that she wasn’t a Pink or would ask him for money. Sometimes, some Red girls would hang around the boys and try to earn an extra coin, but that was kept inside their own caste, so they wouldn’t get in trouble with the law.

But then, Mordo noticed the figure wasn’t a lady at all. He looked at the man as if he’d been betrayed. He’d seen this tall figure just standing there, waiting, he saw long, slim legs and his imagination already hoped for some action. But now...

Besides, this man was clearly not from these parts with the frightened looks he gave in every direction. His clothes were kinda dirty now so Mordo didn’t know yet what to make of him. But he did look stranded, with nothing in his possession. Maybe he was some lowlife from the country side that got lost there in the outskirts, while he looked to make a life for himself in the big city. He knew that he had felt the same the first time he came there.

”Sorreh man, thought you were someone else. But do ya have a lighter anyway?” he asked again, this time leaving the flirty tone and instead putting on his thug voice, where his vowels were drawled out like he had suffered a stroke and could only talk with half his mouth. ”Then I can point you to some big guys who like ye’r type and they have the money to spend on a lowlife night of pleasure” he offered and winked. Hey, he wanted to be kind back, he really wanted that lighter. Besides, who was he to judge, these types of things weren’t taboo anymore. Sure, he rarely saw a Red man making the sidewalk, but still, there were stranger things out there.

pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 03:07 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Olivier was street dumb, he was scared and he didn’t know how to survive in the wilderness that was the low part of Novas. He was very aware of it, like a small fish in a sea of sharks, hungry sharks who would stab him and take what was left of his belongings to sell for drugs. Surely another bus would show up… no wait, he no longer had his credit chip…. Nor his datapad to call for help…

He stood there like a lamp post, glancing at the huddled hobos who were warming themselves in a fire trash can and briefly he felt envious. Maybe he should start walking, but he didn’t know which direction to go.

He was just considering using luck to go when he heard a voice behind him, which made him jump to face the person, his face with a spooked expression. “Excuse-me” He blinked taken back. Did this guy just call him a girl?? Preposterous! He made a face that was a mix between frightened and offended, it was quite the feat.

He shook his head. “No lighter, Sorry” He had his arms crossed defensively. Was he going to be robbed again? He didn’t have anything else to give away. But then…. “W-what??? How-w dare you! I’m not here for that!!” He sputtered. “Can you tell me how-w do I go to the w-work road, please” His speech was refined and smooth, a stark difference from the rough pattern the man spoke, despite the stutter evidently present. Just because he was a thug, didn’t mean Olivier couldn’t be polite.

pm
^
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 09:26 PM
scavenger
90% straight
ready to mingle
37 posts
325 points
buffoon
Vera
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
Offline / RED

finders keepers

From his first words, Mordo could tell the guy was posh. Ex-cuse? What even was that. And his accent and his inflections, it was very obvious. He was kinda pretty too, I mean, why was he so offended he’d been confused as a girl? He seemed clean too, at least his hair, since his clothes were slightly dirty now, though even so, you could glimpse the expensive material behind the dirt.

Anyway, everything about his expression just brought a grin to Mordy’s face, even if he was disappointed that he would have to ask someone else for a lighter. The guy’s outrage was ridiculously funny. Still, Mordo put up his hands in a defensive mode and tried to calm him down. ”Sorry, man, my bad, no offence intended. You just looked the part, y’know. I’ve never seen hair to stick up like that, what even is in it?” he got distracted again by this guy’s appearance and the next thing he did was put his hand in his hair, trying to get a better feel of it. Even through the sweat or whatever it was, it still felt smooth as silk.

He retreated soon after messing up his hair, having a feeling that the guy won’t appreciate being touched like that.

”The work road?” he squinted at the guy, then looked in the direction of the place. ”Oh, man, that’s so far away, it’s complicated to give out directions. Do you know Blind Betsy’s place? It’s on the right of that towards Toothless Harry’s bodega, then left” he tried to summarize it, watching the guy with caution and attention, smelling something off about him.

So he wasn’t from around these parts, that was obvious. He didn’t seem to have anything on him, but that could mean anything. Mordo could recognize someone that’s been robbed. This meant that this guy was possibly a very big fish. Just his luck that he stumbled over a rich guy after he’d been robbed. Still, maybe there was more to be gained from this guy, if he played his cards right.

”So it wasn’t pleasure that brought you here” he winked with innuendo. ”Then what was it? How come you don’t know your way back?”

pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 06:43 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Olivier was street dumb, he was scared and he didn’t know how to survive in the wilderness that People here couldn’t even speak right, Olivier was appalled. What did reds and browns and low colors did with their lives if the didn’t go to school? They complained about inequality but it looked like they did nothing to change, not even mbasic education to speak properly. Oli couldn’t voice those thoughts though, he didn’t want to be beaten up on topped of robbed blind.

Before he could even say anything though, they skinny guy was patting his head and messing up his hair, making Olivier sputtled and try to slap the man’s hands away. Don’t touch me!!! He thought angrily “Hey hey. Stop that.” Ugh, the grubby hands on his hair, messing what little dignity he had after everything that happened. No manners whatsoever, these reds.

Uuuuugh and he wasn’t even useful, apaarently he was in the butt of Novas, away from the civilization and into the savage. He suspected this was lower novas, but now he was certain. He put his face into his hands and made a pathetic whinning sound. “I have no idea what those words you just said mean”

Could he trust this guy with his life and safety? No, not really, but did he have a choice? No, not really. “I wasn’t supposed to be here. I was just going home, then i think i got in the wrong hoverbus and the driver was telling me to get down cus that was the end of the line. And now” He gestured around himself dramatically “Here I am.”

pm
^
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 07:08 PM
scavenger
90% straight
ready to mingle
37 posts
325 points
buffoon
Vera
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
Offline / RED

finders keepers

Indeed, here he was. Mordy looked him up and down again and grinned. ”I am sure the Gods brought you here for a reason.” For making him rich, of course, he thought.

”Oh yea, the bus thing happened to me too once. But it wasn’t th’end of the line, I just didn’t pay the ticket, I sneaked in through tha back window. It was busted from a gang raid from a week before an’ they never fixed it. They tried, but the people busted it up again ‘cause it was very hot an’ we were bakin’ like sweet potatoes in a pot. That was another reason they tried to kick me out, ‘cause apparently you can’t sit there just in your undies and socks” he shrugged and leaned to sit on a fire hydrant. He didn’t ask himself once if this guy was even interested in his ramblings.

But he didn’t want to lose his interest so he paused a little to think. ”Where exactly is... home?” he asked with masked curiosity. He meant the guys home, trying to pinpoint to which caste exactly he was from aka just how rich he can get if he treats this guy well.

”I could show ye the way, if you want. It’s very late and the buses won’t work ‘till morning. It’s like holiday week, since all of the drivers worked non-stop around the New Years, you know. Even after the Work Road, since you need a hover car to get to the next level, I can show you where the elevators are. No offense, but ye seem like ye won’t get far by yourself, even if it doesn’t seem like there’s anything much left to steal. But you can always end up naked around here. I’m Mordo, by the way. What about you?”

pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 04:29 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

If the gods brought him here, then Olivier wanted to have a serious talk with them. This was absolutely awful, it sounded like a joke, the worst kind of joke at his expense and Oli couldn’t really bring himself to believe it was any kind of fate or god’s influence, it was purely his rotten luck kicking his botton.

At least the red (was he really a red?) he found was alright,not exactly the company Olivier would chose to keep but he didn’t seem to be malicious. He didn’t try to rob Oli for starters.The biggest issue was that the guy didn’t know when to shut up and Olivier was too polite to ask him to do so in so many words. “Erm… yeah, even if it’s hot people expect some decency… i’m sure it was very hot though and justifiable.” He said trying to compromise and not outright call the man out for being an indecent savage.

Should Oli tell the guy his home though? There wasn’t much more people could rob from oli, short of cutting his arm off to access the Kowalski bank accounts…. He’d rather not think about that though “Just take me to the work road, please. From there i can get to where i should no problem. It’s just lower Novas is built a lot like labrinth….”

And his suspicious were right, no more buses until the next day. He gave a long suffering sigh “Okay.. that sounds like a plan. I mean, unless you’re some back alley stabber, in that case no.” He gave a nervous laugh. “I’m Oli. And thank you for your assistance, Mordo”

pm
^
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 08:01 PM
scavenger
90% straight
ready to mingle
37 posts
325 points
buffoon
Vera
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
Offline / RED

finders keepers

On the other hand, this guy was just perfect for Mordy, he never interrupted him and was so polite, such a good listener. It made Mordy feel like he really cared. The only other person who did that was his mother and it’s been a while since he spent time with her.

He nodded eagerly when Oli said his actions were justifiable. They were really not, but he wouldn’t admit that himself, not even if he knew it. Which he didn’t, of course, he just thought it was perfectly normal to get naked when you were hot. What else were you gonna do, die?

But for his lack of brains, he did notice that the guy avoided giving a straight answer, which raised his suspicions. This could only mean that he had hit the biggest jackpot and the guy was most probably a Gold, he thought. He could recognize him making excuses to get rid of him, but Mordo was not letting go of this goose, not for a long long time and not willingly.

”Sure thing, bro. I’ll take you even further, don’t you need to worry. Even the Work Road is tricky, y’know. Gotta make sure you get home safe to your mommy” Unconsciously, he had the urge to talk to the guy like to a child. He was quite proud at himself that he felt very protective of this lost kid. Finally, he could be a hero, he thought.

He put an arm around his shoulder, in a familiar gesture, like a big brother, starting to lead him on the street in the right direction. His tone began as reassuring, but then his grip tightened on the guy’s arm and he went for a more threatening look. It was quite new for Mordy, who never got to do it with anyone else before. ”I mean, I am definitely not leaving your side until you get through your front door safely. And I am sure that you will be so, so grateful to a kind guide, weary from the heavy, long road behind us, right??”

He stopped, let go of Oli and stepped in front of him. ”That means a respectable reward, you got that, right? Hard money, not some fancy fruit or somethin’” he just wanted to make sure they were both on the same page, Mordy just thought everyone was as dumb as him. ”I’m not runnin’ a charity here, y’know” he ended as he turned back to face the road ahead.

He put his hands behind his head and walked nonchalantly, as if he didn’t just try to blackmail this guy one minute ago. ”Oli?!?! What kinda name is that, is it short for Olives? Or just one Olive?”

pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 02:41 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Oli felt like pointing out he didn’t have a mom anymore was out of place and not really relevant to the topic at hand, but that didn’t stop him from thinking it. More importantly, Olivier wasn’t sure he liked being talked to like he was a toddler, people always did that, underestimating him and thinking he was some stupid teenager. What fault he had if he looked like he was 12?? “It’s fine, really. But thank you for your…. Kindness” He said more firmly, copying his father’s tone, subconsciously even, but staying ever polite.

Ooookay, now the guy was getting a little too familiar with that half hug. He tried to shrug the guy off of him though he did follow the man’s lead because what else could olivier do?? He also didn’t like the guy’s tone. How dangerous could he be he was kinda…. Stick thin and more or less Oli’s height. Looked more like an underfed duck than the usual muscled bull with no brains you expect from reds.

But fair was fair. Olivier crossed his arms and puffed up his chest, trying to appear bigger. “I’m aware that help should be well rewarded, you needn’t threaten me, i do know how to be grateful as long as i am safe and unharmed.” There was a clear message there, if Oli got hurt, any kind of reward would be forever lost.

They resumed walking, Oli following like a lost fish. “Short for Olivier. What kinda name is Mordo? Short for Mortuary” Two could play that game.

pm
^
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 06:46 PM
scavenger
90% straight
ready to mingle
37 posts
325 points
buffoon
Vera
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
Offline / RED

finders keepers

Mordy wasn’t the type to understand sarcasm so really, everything seemed like a compliment. He felt proud for doing such a selfless act and helping this poor soul get home – even though it wasn’t selfless at all. He probably didn’t actually know the definition of the word.

His eyes would’ve turned to money like in cartoons if he could, when he heard about a reward. ”Thank you, much appreciated. Will come in handy to feed me family, y’know, wife, kids, all that” he swooned, already thinking about money. The lie came easily, he didn’t even think too much about it, he’d said it so often he was actually surprised when he came home and didn’t find those waiting for him. But he’d seen lots of Reds using this tactic, so he adopted it.

He didn’t let go yet, but his embrace turned more passionate and warm at the thought of riches. The guy’s message went over his head, too preoccupied. But it wasn’t as if he would actually ever do anything to anyone, he was too much of a wuss. And he had a delicate stomach.

His mind was still on what type of reward he’d get and he wanted to ask what colour this guy was, but he wasn’t really watching his step and he was interrupted by a light post... and by interrupted, I mean he went face-first into it. He let out a funny sound, let go of the guy and grimaced, rubbing his nose. After a quick look to this Oli, he let out a forced laughter, pretended nothing happened and continued to walk, muttering a ”This way.”

Listening to the guy’s explanation, he picked out a pack of gummy bears from his inside jacket pocket. If he couldn’t light his cigarette, this would have to do. ”Mortuary?” he asked with his mouth full, munching on the gummy bears. ”What is that? We use mortar to fix our homes, is that it? Oh, by the way, do you want some?” It wasn’t often he felt generous, but his bag of gummy bears was freshly opened and he hoped that if he treated this guy well then maybe the reward at the end will be even bigger.

pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 10:29 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Wife, kids, drugs….. Olivier had never witnessed a real red family, the cliche kind you hear about all the time, with 10 kids and living off 10 credits per person per month and adding more and more kids to the family. But he wouldn’t be surprised if this guy was such case. He was a red right? He looked like a red, smelled like one too…. He only had met one other red in his life, a sweet girl, smarter than many silvers he knew, and unlike the people he was seeing around here. She lived in a farm though…. Maybe that was the difference.

He didn’t care if the money of the promised reward went to feed 8 snotty children or to fuel a red patch addiction, he just wanted to leave this place and this guy was the only ticket to freedom he currently had. He just had to put up with the less than intelligent conversation for a little while.

He followed Mordo to whatever he was guiding Oli. “Mortuary is….” gosh, the guy was dumb, probably not his fault, but he didn’t think it was worth the time to explain his stupid comment, he wasn’t being serious “Ermm… not exactly, nevermind it”

He eyed the gummy bears and shook his head “No thank you, i’m good” He was actually starving, but he was pretty sure this fitted in the ‘don’t take candy from strangers’ description.

pm
^
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 02:33 PM
scavenger
90% straight
ready to mingle
37 posts
325 points
buffoon
Vera
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
Offline / RED

finders keepers

He waited expectantly, arching an eyebrow when the guy didn’t finish his explanation. Good, he wouldn’t have paid attention anyway, he didn’t plan on learning anything new soon. So he shrugged and threw another gummy bear in his mouth.

”Are you sure?” He would never insist on sharing his food with anyone, if anything, it was already impressive he offered in the first place. But he thought, this guy was definitely stinky rich. He had to treat Oli right. And that meant not having him pass out on the way there. As if gummy bears were a great source of proteins and vitamins. Still, he was going to offer this guy everything he had, in hopes that he would get that in return at the end of their journey.

”It’s a long way ‘till middle Novas and even longer afterwards. I know it’s not much, but they’re Reds’ food, means they expand in the stomach or something to make you not feel hungry anymore” he shrugged. The specifics of how this worked surpassed his understanding. ”When was the last time you ate?” he finished with an uncharacteristic display of kindness.

pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 10:34 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

“I’m sure, thank you” He said ever so politely. Who knew what those gummy bears were made of, it could be rotten, it could be drugged. It was a lesson as old as time itself: ‘don’t ever take sweets from strangers.’ The warning was probably doubled when the stranger was a red.

But he wouldn’t lie, Mordo’s explanation on how filling the food was did get him curious, and Oli was hungry. He was morbidly curious about the gummy bears now but also afraid of what they could cause on his sensitive silver stomach. Who knew commoner's food was so fancy, it made sense, but it was something Olivier never thought about “Hmmmm I ate at noon” And it was not early evening. “…. Maybe later….. If it really is that far and…. I’m about to starve, like you say.” It was called self-preservation, the sense that stopped him from accepting the food.

pm
^
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
 Posted: May 2 2018, 08:21 PM
scavenger
90% straight
ready to mingle
37 posts
325 points
buffoon
Vera
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
Offline / RED

finders keepers

”A’ight, man, y’er choice” he put up a hand in defence while munching on another bear. He didn’t finish the pack before he resealed it and put it back in his jacket pocket.

”So where were you goin’ in the first place? I mean, I know, wrong bus something somthing, but where did’ya wanna end up?” he asked, curiously, walking with his hands behind his back like some kind of cartoon character. He was trying to figure out more about this guy to find out his colour. But his mouth continued to work without him so he added with naivity:

”Not that it matters much now, you’re here. My mum always says that we don’t end up where we want to, but where we have to be”

Not so long after this, Mordy thought he noticed someone familiar approaching on the other end of the street. He slowed down and when he was sure who the person was he muttered a panicked ”Oh, shit” and ushered Olivier to take a right through an alleyway. ”This way, it’s a shortcut” he added quickly, trying to seem normal, but he kept looking behind. The man was a Red Mordy knew, someone big and angry, who you didn’t want to mess with. And that’s exactly what Mordy had done.

The alley was even dirtier and smellier than the main street, with lots of crap lying around and a fence at the end of it. ”We’ll just jump this quickly, yeah? Here, use the trash” he was already building an improvised stair of crap.

pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: May 7 2018, 03:04 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

This guy seemed adamant in trying to bond with Olivier, he wasn’t sure he liked it. Not at all. Olivier sighed dramatically, a subtle way of letting the other man know he was prying too much, and anyone of good breed would realize it, politics were everywhere among high colors, and people learned how to take hints. But reds though…. That was another story, and Olivier may not even realize it.

“I was going home.” Was all he said, and it was the truth, he was trying to get home, it should’ve been easier. His chauffeur had given him all the details he’d need and Olivier managed to botch it up anyway. “Are you saying it was my destiny or something to end up in this place? Fortuna must be really bored if she is doing this to me for some higher reason. Or she’s being mean.”

Despite the conversation being less than stellar, the company actually made Olivier feel somewhat safer. At least this red or brown knew where he was going, and he didn’t seem the type who would kidnap Oli, not when he already promised a reward for his safe return. So when the guy got jumpy, Olivier felt nervous all over again. There must be a good reason for it, he thought as he was pushed into a nearby alley that almost made him gag with the smell alone..

“Shortcut? What’s wrong?” He hushed looking behind him nervously. Was that shadow approaching them? Was that blood on the wall? Gods what he got himself into. “What is happening?”

pm
^
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
 Posted: May 20 2018, 05:26 PM
scavenger
90% straight
ready to mingle
37 posts
325 points
buffoon
Vera
MORDECAI SEYMOUR
Offline / RED

finders keepers

Mordy was definitely not the type to get subtilities, not even if it slapped him in the face. He grimaced at Oli’s words, frustrated beyond reliefe. Where WAS home? And where was he coming from, so far?

But his burning questions died on his lips and he fell silent and in thought at the guy’s next words. A first in many years. What Gods did he serve if it was a surprise for him? Boredness and cruelty was in the Gods’ job description.

”I don’t know. But we’re all pawns in their games, aren’t we? I can’t speak for them” he asked in a small tone, almost fearful. Then he looked up to the sky, holding his hands together in prayer: ”Don’t listen to him, he’s just lost, forgive him” then he “punched” him in the shoulder, lightly, though not because he wanted to: ”Are you trying to get us smitten?!”

He didn’t have much time to be angry at his foolness of speaking ill of the gods because soon enough they were on the run. ”N-nothing’s wrong, we’re just taking the scenery view, to show you our beautiful neighbour.” His words fell flat when you looked around at all the trash around, the nasty smells and the overall sour circumstance.

”Come on, climb this, hurry” he said as he held his hands together for him, to step on them so Mordy could push him on top of a big dumpster, so then they could jump the fence.

He offered his help whenever Oli needed and he even put his jacket over the sharp edges of the fence so he could climb over without getting a scratch. Mordy let him be first because of many reasons, mainly, he wasn’t about to let anything dangerous happen to his new treasure.

When it was his turn, he looked backwards and saw the man had finally reached the end of their alley and was looking around, not yet spotting them... but it wouldn’t take long to finally notice them. It was time to hurry.

”Hey, look over there, is that a rabbit on a hovercycle?” he asked Oli, gesturing in the opposite direction of the other Red to distract him and not worry him. Mordy chanced another look back and saw the angry Red had spotted them and was now approaching.

”Uh-oh” he quickly climbed the fence, almost climbing over Oli himself. But before he was completely over it, he kicked the stacked garbage they used to climb over there, it would buy them some time.

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX