RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

new poll

» MALFUNCTION, NYX / CRESSIDA
STYX VOGUE
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 03:56 AM
0 posts
/

#shipreply_container { width: 400px; padding: 10px; border: 4px double #eee; }.header { width: 380px; padding: 10px; background: #eee; font: 20px montserrat; font-weight: 900; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; color: #222; }.response { padding: 10px; text-align: center; font: 11px calibri;}.tag { padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; font: 9px calibri; border-bottom: 3px solid #ddd;}Styx Vogue The sound of heels clicking against the pavement of the sidewalk was heard yet drowned out from all of the cars passing by. As well as the volume level being high from people talking, music blasting, and just different noises all around. Nyx was on her way to her favorite cafe to get some coffee before she headed to the university to help out with a problem with one of the robots malfunctioning. Nyx had worked with the university before. That time being where she would put up a stronger code that would help them fight off hackers that would want to steal ideas or just to destroy information in the university system. Today she decided to wear a pair of simple black high heel platform ankle boots with a black pencil skirt and a red accented halter blouse. She disliked wearing heels even though she could walk perfectly fine in them. She much rather wear her signature off the shoulder long shirt with a tanktop underneath, with shorts and thigh high socks followed by some hightop shoes on her feet. But when she was working she needed to look professional, she needed to look her best so that she could keep on building her reputation.With a soft sigh through slightly parted and painted red lips, she continued her way to the cafe. Wondering if she should check her laptop when she got there for any more important updates, especially from clients. She decided now wasn’t the time, she needed to hurry to get to the university. Although, Nyx did glance down at her black messenger bag that held her laptop, cables, and flash drives, keys to apartment, wallet, and a small note taking journal. Half wondering if she got everything she needed so that she could do her job. She wanted to make sure she had everything before going into work.Dark brown eyes glanced at the Cafe, making sure there wasn’t a long line. When she deemed that there wasn’t such a long line she quickly headed into the door. A couple were on their way out and the man held the door open for Nyx and his girl as soon as he came out. With a quick thanks to him she hurried inside and was hit with a nice aroma of coffee and bakery, inhaling the good smell she then hurried and stood in line, waiting to be called next for her order to be taken. While she stood in line she heard a faint sound of music that at first she thought she was imagining then she felt her phone vibrating in her hand. Softly she began to sing the lyrics to the song under her breath as she pulled up her hand with her phone in it to see who had texted her. “Good luck, baby good luck to you.kkok haengbokhaeya haeneoman boneun nalneo hanabakke eopdeonnal dugo tteonagatdamyeon~”She then began to hum the rest, deciding that that was enough she opened the message and the song ended. Skimming over the message her head then popped up when she was called by name. Smiling, seeing as the cashier knew her name now since she frequented the Cafe almost everyday she walked toward the cashier. Heels clicking against the wooden floor before stopping. She looked at the menu and decided on a creme brulee coffee, once she told the woman that, the woman totaled up the order. “Okay Nyx, that’ll be 4.25.” She said, with a smile. Nyx nodded then pulled up her messenger bag and unzipped it to look for her wallet.After a couple seconds of fishing, she found the red leather wallet and rummaged for her debit card inside it. Once she got it, she handed it to the cashier and the cashier swiped the card then handed it back to Nyx when it went through. After tucking the card back into her wallet and her wallet into her bag she gave the cashier a smile and thanks before moving out of the way for the next customer in line to come forth. Nyx stood off to the side but fairly close to the cash register and waited on her coffee. Once again, her phone went off and she pulled up her hand that held the phone and looked at the screen while also checking the time.The text message was from a friend that told her to have a good day at work. With a smile, she used her thumbs to type a fast reply.Thank you :D hopefully things go smoothly -_- Using one thumb she hit send then put her hand back down and waited for a reply and on her coffee. Once again the song sounded and she quickly pulled up her hand to read the message.I am sure things will go smoothly, but see you later. :DA soft chuckle left Nyx and she sent back a ‘see you later’ and hit send with the same thumb. Then she heard her name being called after a couple more minutes of waiting. With a smile, she walked forward and grabbed her coffee. “Thank you.” With that said she turned on her heels and headed out of the cafe. Once she was out she continued her walk to the university. Hopefully things went smoothly with fixing the robot. She wondered what the problem with it was and hopefully she could help them out.With that in mind she continued on her way to the university.Everything would be fine, right? TAG: CRESSIDA ANDREWS ; [ link to plotter ].
^
CRESSIDA ANDREWS
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:29 AM
Robotic Engineer
Heterosexual
Widow
15 posts
0 points
Intellegence
Laurie
CRESSIDA ANDREWS
Offline / INACTIVE

technology changes all the time

human nature, hardly ever

The solace of the lab is usually where Cressida could be found, though she looked to be alone if the view from the glass wall that sectioned off her work from others; her lips were moving. Was she talking to herself? Could she really be as delusional as the other Doctors and Professors gossiped? She paid them no dues, none of them showed any interest in her work and she had been left to work on developments of her choice with University funding.

“What about now? Any signs of life?” Sid asked out loud. She removed her hands from the cortex that was nested amongst four articulated limbs. Her eyes looked at the ceiling, waiting for the voice from above.

“I’m afraid not, there appears to be a conflict in the programming and the cortex matrix.” A clear digital voice resonated through the room. Her eyes rolled and a tired groan escaped her lips. “Perhaps a change of tactics is in order?” She looked up again, shaking her head and plugged her tablet directly into the cortex.

“What do you mean ‘change of tactics’?” Sid answered as she scrolled through the diagnostic readout that burst to life on the screen in her hands. She stooped to rest her elbows on the bench beside her creation, mumbling to herself as she read.

“You requested that Nyx joined us but continue to frustrate yourself without her assistance.” Dot answered, it lacked an empathic tone but it was still a work in progress. Her eyes rolled once more in response, a camera lens in the far corner of the room twitched to focus. “I would suggest that you consider better protocols if you’re unhappy with my suggestions.”

Cressida laughed and shook her head. “Because I’m stubborn and I refuse to let me own code beat me, even if you’re writing it yourself.” Her lips continued to move as she scrolled, her finger moving to the top of the screen and lifting it back to continue her search. “The syntax is fine.” She stood again and peered into the loom of wiring.

Coloured stripes along the length of the wire indicated the function and corresponded to the matching socket. Snatching the plug from the tablet, she inserted it into the socket in her arm. Her eyes closed, her eyeballs flicking back and forth checking the prototypes power levels. She was lost to the world as she checked various systems.

TAG: STYX VOGUE NOTES: Prototype

&
pm
^
STYX VOGUE
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 01:28 AM
0 posts
/

#shipreply_container { width: 400px; padding: 10px; border: 4px double #eee; }.header { width: 380px; padding: 10px; background: #eee; font: 20px montserrat; font-weight: 900; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; color: #222; }.response { padding: 10px; text-align: justify; font: 11px calibri;}.tag { padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; font: 9px calibri; border-bottom: 3px solid #ddd;}Styx Vogue Along the way to the university, Nyx sipped her coffee and was scrolling through her phone, careful to not bump into anyone. She hummed a song, holding up the cup of coffee again to her lips. Red painted lips enclosed over the rim of the cup and she tilted the cup up to let the little bit of liquid left inside slide down, there she sipped the warm liquid. Too bad it was just that, a couple of sips and the coffee was gone. She almost pouted wishing she could have a bigger cup of the delicious coffee but decided that she got what she wanted from it, which was a small buzz of energy.Finding a nearby trash bin, she dropped the small cup into it and the trash bin glowed as if it was burning the trash then it stopped glowing. Nyx hurried up the street until she came across the university security both. Smiling at the two Grays, she let them know that she was there to help fix on a robot, after giving her name then some scrolling from the man, he found her and let her in after she showed some ID. Once she was in, she pulled up her cellphone then the message screen to confirm where she was suppose to be at.It took her about ten minutes until she finally found the room she was suppose to be in. With a slightly frustrated sigh from red painted lips she tucked a strand of hair behind her right ear and knocked on the door to the room. After a couple seconds she entered the room to see a robot, it looked like it may have been a prototype and a older woman. With a sheepish smile she gave the woman who was obviously concentrated on the robot a apology to her.“I am so sorry for the wait Ms.Andrews, it took me some time to find this room in this rather big university.” She said as she hurried toward the woman and the robot, she looked over the robot in wonder at what was going on, and couldn’t wait to see what programming problems was going on so that she could fix it. She held out her hand for the woman to shake smiling if she did, feeling awkward if she didn’t.“It is a pleasure to be able to work with a fellow Green again, I hope we can solve this problem together.”Her eyes then trailed to the robot and a look at the diagnostics of the robot that was opened on the tablet. She softly hum in thought, and couldn’t wait to get her hands on the problem and fix it. It was true, she loved doing her job and was happy that she could help people out. She then used her hands to unzip her messenger bag and pulled out cables and her laptop, careful to not spill the other contents inside, while listening to the woman and saying anything back should she speak.Once she grabbed what she needed she hurried up to plug up her laptop to connect to the robot and get a better view of the programming that it held in it. Nyx liked to get straight to the point to solve her problems faster but to also make sure they don’t happen again. Of course, she wasn’t ignoring the woman should she speak to her or ask questions.Pulling up a chair, she sat down in it, the cushion of the seat giving way slightly to the weight on top of it. After sitting down, she scooted up a little bit toward the laptop to get a better view. Slender fingers typed across the keyboard as she tapped in her password to her laptop and the screen was instantly filled with code of the robot. Eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to why to why many of the codes in the robot wasn’t working. She hummed in thought and knew she would have to make a code that was compatible with the robot.“Who programmed the robot? I see many codes that need rewriting and some that need editing. But most importantly, I see a bit of a nasty bug that is stopping the robot from working like you want it to.” Nyx turned to look at the woman with a neutral face but then shook her head, it didn’t matter who programmed it, it only mattered that it got fix. “I am sorry, forget I asked that, I guess the real question is what is wrong with the robot externally? Is it not walking? Turning on?” Nyx could have had that question asked by simply looking through the code, however, there were too many of them and she decided that a faster answer would be from Ms.Andrews.At the back of her mind, she remembered being introduced to Ms.Andrews before, it was a while ago so she wondered if she even remembered her. TAG: CRESSIDA ANDREWS ; [ link to plotter ].
^
CRESSIDA ANDREWS
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 05:07 PM
Robotic Engineer
Heterosexual
Widow
15 posts
0 points
Intellegence
Laurie
CRESSIDA ANDREWS
Offline / INACTIVE

“Hello Nyx. Cressida is currently completing diagnostics, her augment leaves her unable to hear you until she’s completed her work.” The clear androgynous digital voice echoed before Styx continued with her barrage of words. It took a moment or two for Cressida to finish her work with the augment, her nose scrunched in distaste as she pulled the plug from the socket in her arm.

“It’s no good I ca- oh. Sorry. There are still some issues, I think it might be to do with the self implemented coding additions.” The Andrews scratched the back of her neck and followed with running both hands through her hair. “I hope you didn’t get too lost, it’s a bit of a maze in here.” A half hearted smile spread across her lips, it wasn’t often that anyone showed interest in her work since the accident. On realising that she may have already repeated what she’d already had said to her whilst working within the coding, there was a brief silence.

“Nyx was asking who programmed the ‘robot’. Though I am not a robot, the code base was developed by Doctors Cressida and Paxton Andrews, but in the interim, I have made further advancement to the implementation and maintenance of variables.” Dot’s tone defended it’s physical nature and Sid couldn’t help but snicker as her AI explained the issue at hand.

With the back of her hand she pushed her glasses back up onto her nose, she listened to the Netrunner explain the issues she’d located after connecting her laptop to the framework. “I’m struggling to transfer consciousness from the mainframe into the mobile cortex.” The older woman’s arms folded under her chest and her head tilted judgementally. It had taken her so long to reach this point on her own, the thought that another person could swoop in and fix the issue in what seemed like seconds from her own coding base, it frustrated her.

In an attempt to ease her frustration her fingers rolled the rings that nestled on her left hand. Shifting the stoned ring back and forth. It had taken Pax years to save for it and keep enough money for them to live. “Come on now Sid, give the girl a break.” The soft male voice of her husband whispered in her ear. One of her hands moved to tuck her hair behind the ear and she shifted on her feet. “She’s probably awestruck from meeting someone so talented, it’s not very often kids get to spend time down here.”

Cressida didn’t want to acknowledge him, he wasn’t really there after all, even with the residual memory of the feeling of his breath against her skin. “Not now ...” She murmured under her breath and cleared her throat to cover her words. “It powers up, it follows manually programmed instruction; but that’s not the point. It’s a shell for Dot.” Her hand returned to settle under her chest, waiting to see what the young woman had to say for herself.

&
pm
^
STYX VOGUE
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:19 PM
0 posts
/

#shipreply_container { width: 400px; padding: 10px; border: 4px double #eee; }.header { width: 380px; padding: 10px; background: #eee; font: 20px montserrat; font-weight: 900; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; color: #222; }.response { padding: 10px; text-align: justify; font: 11px calibri;}.tag { padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; font: 9px calibri; border-bottom: 3px solid #ddd;}Styx Vogue Nyx smiled and looked up at the ceiling, she spoke to the A.I above. “Oh hello.” After a pause she nodded her head and spoke again. “Ah, I see.” Nyx didn’t feel the slightest bit embarrassed for talking to herself, normally some people would, but Nyx just nodded her head and looked at the code real quick before doing some skimming of the rather large code, it was really beautiful, all of the commands she saw that were installed and for the most part the code was working okay in some areas. Then she heard a voice, no doubt it being Ms. Andrews, with a smile she turned in her chair and nodded her head toward the woman once.“I see, if I could find that little code then it would solve some of the problems.” She murmured to herself, thoughts swarmed her mind with all the possibilities then she let out a soft laugh after the woman spoke. “No, I had someone help me out, this place is really big and nice.” She said.Then her face tilted up to listen to the voice from above, she gave the A.I a sheepish smile and apologized. “I am sorry, of course you aren’t a robot.” And she actually meant it, not wanting to offend the A.I in any way as if it was a person. Then her dark brown eyes caught onto Ms. Andrews snickering, she gave her a smile then she listened for any other information that Ms. Andrews might have wanted to give her.Sure enough she was given more information and she turned her head to the side and briefly looked at the coding. So that was the problem. But ever so slowly, Nyx realized something, she was trying to put the A.I into the prototype? Eyelids widen slightly and she looked at Ms. Andrews with a bit of a amazement look on her face. “Oh my stars, that is brilliant!” She exclaimed, she had never seen the conscious of an A.I being transferred into another device like a prototype before. Although, by the looks of the prototype, it was slightly scary so she wondered if Ms. Andrews would take it out into public? With a light tone in her voice that was a sign she was being slightly playful she spoke.“I hope you aren’t taking this prototype out there looking like this? It would probably scare people.” She chuckled softly, imagining looks that people would give the prototype just because it looked slightly scary. Nyx didn’t seem to see the judgmentally look that Ms. Andrews displayed, instead she turned to look at the code again.Nyx listened carefully as she started to make minor edits on the code, every once in awhile pausing some to read it over and seeing the color of the codes turning colors meaning that it was working. This was going to take some time before she could edit all of the codes, maybe even having to stay late at the university, if they allowed it, in order to fix the code. She could go a couple days without rest until her body would have to crash, so doing this for the next couple days and staying up would be no problem.Then she briefly caught onto some whispers but paid no mind to it, thinking that Ms. Andrews was probably just muttering to herself about the prototype. Although, she did stop her typing to turn in her chair and she nodded her head when she spoke up loud. So the A.I at the top was named Dot, with a thinking look on her face she looked at the code and tried to keep from biting her painted lips, not wanting to chew on her bottom lip like she normally does when coding and mess up her painted lips.“Well, you won’t be able to do that without fixing this nasty bug, so I am thinking I would need to first make edits to the codes that aren’t working or need some editing then try to get that bug away. If the bug proves too much with me, I plan on running the grid to see what exactly is going on. With your permission, of course, I will white hat this, if you will.” She said. White hat meant that with Ms. Andrews permission and without doing anything criminal to the prototype information and security, she planned on hacking into it to fix the bug should her coding not work to fix it.That was actually the fun part of her job as a cybersecurity analysts, was being a white hat.With a look toward Ms. Andrews and away from her laptop she spoke again. “Although, keep in mind, I hope you don’t have a deadline in the next couple days...because this coding is going to need some work on. I could probably finish it by tomorrow evening if I can stay at the university and work on it all night, which I don’t mind doing.” It was true, she was a bit of a night owl when it came to the things she loved doing. Perhaps she should have worn something a little more comfortable but thought that it would be fine. TAG: CRESSIDA ANDREWS ; [ link to plotter ].
^
CRESSIDA ANDREWS
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 12:20 AM
Robotic Engineer
Heterosexual
Widow
15 posts
0 points
Intellegence
Laurie
CRESSIDA ANDREWS
Offline / INACTIVE

As Nyx explained how she managed to get to the lab Sid crossed her arms over her chest. She was glad to have a position at the University where she could work on furthering the advancements in Science and Medicine. “It’s a good place, you should consider spending some more time here. You could help a lot of people in their placements.” The Doctor answered to keep their work relevant to the betterment of the world.

“There is no need for an apology Nyx, I cannot feel, thus I am unable to feel offence or upset.” Dot responded crisply.

A wry smile spread across Sid’s lips, tilting her head to one side in amusement. “Thank you, I just hope we can iron out those kinks and get them transferred.” One of her hands moved and brushed against the prototypes shiny white plating. “The idea is to allow Dot to move freely, assist in projects and in time between the two fo us we can build a more suitable body. This only has a short range, it’s a prototype, I’ve no idea how I can support their neural capacity over any distance larger than outside the building.” She sighed and pushed out her chest, one of her hands mussing her already nest-like hair.

“I am unsure as to how the design of the prototype would be scary. It’s both functional and practical to maximise manoeuvrability.” The AI interjected again.

Sid cast her eyes over the frame and then back to Nyx, “I can understand in a way. Most prefer a more humanoid form, this promotes approachability in aesthetics. It does resemble a mutated gnat.” She couldn’t help but chuckle at the young woman and shrug her shoulders. She shifted to moved beside the girl and squinted at the code she referred to, pushing her glasses further onto her nose.

“That there.” Her finger pointed to a subsection of the code, tapping against the screen. “It’s the migration initialisation sequence.” She fluttered her tongue on the roof of her mouth in thought. “There must be something that’s blocking the data transfer.” Her eyes narrowed, twitching as she considered the various implications a failure in full synchronisation could have resulted in.

“An error in the initialisation would be catastrophic and have resulted in total data loss. My files are too large to be reproduced without a harder wearing support system.” Dot explained in their usual matter of fact way.

Shaking her head gently Sid rested both of her hands on the back of her neck. “There’s no deadline, I just need it done right. I can’t afford to lose ten years of work, the University doesn’t have a secondary data store for Dot’s Backups. If it’s lost … that’s it.” She stared blankly at the screen, pressing her lips together in the hope that it won’t happen.

&
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX