RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
new poll

» Made to Mage
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 05:16 AM
Racer
Homosexual
single
46 posts
495 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

Tsintah had a bit more time than the usual blue sometimes. She was a racer. And there was a lot of time between some of those races. And she had to train, practice, keep her current vehicle in shape, check other racers, and be ever quick thinking.

However, sometimes she gets the chance to just lean back and play a game. Hell, everybody needed a break. MMO's were one of her guilty pleasures. Something she can hop into and meet strangers in and just have friends that are relaxing just as she in.

This years MMO was a medieval type. A throwback to the older generations of gaming. Flashy as ever, she had made herself a flashy mage type. And she'd be lying if the fact they have the prettiest wasn't a contributing factor in her decision.

And her premade screen name was already saved for her.
Arcanea has logged in.

SYLVIA STILES
pm
^
SYLVIA STILES
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 07:20 AM
VR Artist/Game Designer
Bisexual
Single
27 posts
215 points
Creativity
Jackalope
SYLVIA STILES
Offline / VIOLET

Sylvia had been excited to be part of the project. Mirrors of Arcadia, one of the most popular MMO's of the year. A mixture of medieval and fantasy with an intricate class system: knights, clerics, mages, and her personal favorite, bards.

The Violet had stretched out on her bed with the VR helmet on, arms crossing her stomach as she waited through the title screen to the character select screen. There were a few characters but her main was a cute little elf [b]Daria[b], that just so happened to be a bard. The selection was made and a soft twinkling noise echoed through her ears.

With a soft tap her feet would touch the cobblestone ground of the town, the stained-glass arcane portal above her shattering into colorful shards before disappearing. Customized log-in portals: one of many things that players raved about.

The warmth of the fake sun always made Daria feel fuzzy on the inside. Her allergy didn't allow her to enjoy a true sun and that was why she'd always made sure that her virtual suns gave off a realistic warmth. Her arms stretched up above her head as she listened to the voices of other players rise through the wind.

The town she'd spawned in, Hinna, was considered a social town with a bustling marketplace. Daria hummed as she pulled out her instrument, plucking away at cords so her melody would begin to fill the air as she stepped through the marketplace. None of her friends were online yet, so she planned on wasting time browsing through other player's shops and maybe making a few new friends.

TSINTAH DESCHENE
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 07:04 PM
Racer
Homosexual
single
46 posts
495 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

A bird of black and yellow light appeared in the sky and then in dived down to the city. On contact with the ground it splashed outward to make a small inky pool. Aracnea, a tall drow with blood red hair, rose from the dark pool like an elevator and she stepped onto the stone. She liked it! But maybe next time… not black… the yellow was good so maybe…. Red, next time? Or blue? She makes the adjustment to try red next time. Logs out and logs back in! The red was a bit too bloody even with the gold. Log out, try again. The blue had a nice contrast with the golden yellow. But it didn’t fit the character… she switched out to a mix of red, black, and gold. That was better. Fit nicely. OK! She’s in! One day she won’t start by changing the log in portal again.

Anyway, the mage makes her way through the town, looking around at the mystical scenery. The mounts were pretty… not as sleek and awesome as the speeders in reality, but animals held their own rustic charm. She headed toward the Stable to see if there were any new pretty mounts that may have been out. Yesterday, she had pounced on the giant dragon, so today she was low on money. And she shouldn’t buy another one…. Unless there was another gorgeous critter for her mount collection.

Just as she was about to enter, she heard a soft playing music and paused. A bard. Bards were fun, but she had little talent in the musical portions to properly play it. Aracnea looked around for the source of the music. It was really well done. Smiling in hope to catch the eye of who it was… eventually the mage saw the name of the small elf. Applying a generous tip, Aracnea opened the mail system and the little golden flying serpent(custom messenger) soon sent the scroll over to Daria. Attached to the message was not money, but instead one of the rare drop summon mount scrolls. A large bird made of stars. Arcanea had two of them and didn’t really feel like putting in in the auction house.. even if she needed the money.

SYLVIA STILES
pm
^
SYLVIA STILES
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 01:32 AM
VR Artist/Game Designer
Bisexual
Single
27 posts
215 points
Creativity
Jackalope
SYLVIA STILES
Offline / VIOLET

It was hard not to wonder what color everyone was; here it was harder to tell, unlike it was in the real world. That was something she liked. If someone was clearly a 'pay-to-win' player they were Gold or Silver most likely, maybe even a Copper, or perhaps a lower-ranked color that really should spend their money better. Other players were just lucky duckies that were dropped rare gear or won exclusive items during events. It was a nice mix: VR made it easier to be color blind, which was something that the Purple liked to do in real life.

Her song slowly drifted to a stop when the golden flying serpent came zipping through the air towards her, flipping excitedly through the air and spinning in circles as it awaited for her to accept the gift. The scroll was dropped into her hands before the messenger returned to it's sender, leaving a trail of gold twinkles in it's wake. The mount was a rare drop; one that couldn't be bought and instead earned. Her face heated up a bit as she looked at the attached tip on top of the item, flustered from the generosity.

The Elf began shifting through the crowd following the trail as it began to fade, slowing to a stop before a character by the name of Aracnea. She didn't know why but the name felt Very familiar. "I-I don't think that you meant to send this to me," She blurted out with a nervous laugh, offering an equally awkward smile. "This is a pretty rare item and I think that you, should y'know, m-make money off of it instead of being nice! Not... that I don't appreciate you being nice or anything it's just... WOW." Sylvia had designed the mount; it was one of her favorites, especially when used during the night. "It's a really nice mount, and I wouldn't want to take something from anyone that they might've given away on accident."

---------

TSINTAH DESCHENE
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 01:44 AM
Racer
Homosexual
single
46 posts
495 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

Oh god... she's cute, help. Or better yet, no. No help. She's hers.

Aracnea put an arm around the Elfette. "Ohhhh, no. No no no. I've got two of them and I fully intended to send it right to you." She poked the girl's nose with her other hand. There was a chance this may have been a guy playing a female character.... otherwise, it'd have been a kiss. Better play it calm until she can confirm. Then kiss later.

"There's no need to put such a thing in the AH, if there's a chance to give it to somebody as talented as you. You played music so wellll, and i know that wasn't a bot doing it. Right?" Tsin didn't think so. There were pauses and none of the notes were too obnoxiously fast. "If it was a bot, then you deserve it for making such a talented one as that." Again, a nose poke that may have been a kiss if she knew more.

"So Daria, besides being cute, what are you up to?"

SYLVIA STILES
pm
^
SYLVIA STILES
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 02:14 AM
VR Artist/Game Designer
Bisexual
Single
27 posts
215 points
Creativity
Jackalope
SYLVIA STILES
Offline / VIOLET

"If you're sure... b-but I mean if you ever want it back or something you can, uh, send me a PM and I'll send it right back to you!" She blabbed out quickly, trying to hide the look of excitement as she gazed at the new mount in her inventory. "Ah, no, I don't use a bot. The music mechanics is just something I really enjoy in games, that's all. I mean, I don't think I could do it in real life but here it's just like a rhythm game so..." She'd look at the harp in her hands before smiling at the Drow.

The comment on being cute made her pause, having to register the compliment before forming words. "Thank you, Aracnea. I--" A weird look came across her face before she gave a nervous laugh. "Would you give me just ooone moment, I, uh, think my pets are getting into something I'llberightback." The word 'Idle' appeared over her character as she temporarily disconnected from the VR headset, the idle animation for Daria being a simple one: a soft humming, rocking back and forth on her heels with a smile on her face while her real-life counterpart was having an opposite reaction.

In real life Sylvia slapped both hands against her face, feeling her cheeks heating up out of embarrassment. The sound of palm-to-face caused her kangaroo rats to shoot across her room like bullets, knocking over a few cans of soda. Thankfully they were empty (but reminded her to clean up.) The self-slapping was out of embarrassment for her blazing awkwardness than anything else.

Ok. Play it cool. I mean people get all flirty online all the time so why is this any different ASIDE FROM YOU FINALLY RECOGNIZING THE [i]RESERVED USERNAME. Aracnea. FUCK. The name rang a bell: applications for reserved usernames were always put in from celebrities that wanted their trademark names, and Aracnea had popped up a few times in the past couple months. OH GOD WHO WAS ARACNEA.

The 'Idle' disappeared and the Violet was back online. "Sorry about that they managed to knock over some cans and I just had to clean it up." Nope. She had caused them to knock up the cans aaaand the cans were still tipped over. "I-I was just waiting for my friends to get online that's all. So while I wait for someone to raid with I justttt... mill around here 'n stuff. Just to uh, meet new people." Her eyes darted every which way before finally settling on Aracnea, one hand idly playing with her own hair as the other kept the harp pressed against her chest for dear life. "What did you come here for? Just, uh, shopping or...?" Yup. That's cool alright, just about as cool as asking her how the weather was. Good job Sylvia.

---

TSINTAH DESCHENE
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 02:50 AM
Racer
Homosexual
single
46 posts
495 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

Ahhhhhhhh, she's cute.

"Noooooo, it yours. Cause you're just THAT talented" She laughed. When Daria left for a moment, the words IDLE popped at head height for the taller drow. And.... oh really, even the idle animation was cute. It may have been a standard on, but she made it work so well with the adorableness of the avatar!

Tsintah couldn't help. She leaned down and kissed the idle cutie on the cheek. There. She kissed it. And all is right in the world.

And it was well timed, cause a few moments later Daria came back. And didn't seem to realize what had happened. Aracnea will play it cool. The faint lipstick mark was still on Daria's cheek and will fade in a minute or two. But until then, the racer got a nice view of the oblivious elfette. Stuttering away.

"Ohhh? Well, I bet your pets just wanted some of your attention. But I want it for now." She smirked, replacing her arm around the girl now she was back. "Annnnnd I was just online cause i had the free time. I tend to wander aimlessly and join up with peeps who need an extra party member or just find adorable things to talk to. Like you."

Tsin was probably gonna be the death of Sylvia. Death by compliments.

SYLVIA STILES
pm
^
SYLVIA STILES
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:53 AM
VR Artist/Game Designer
Bisexual
Single
27 posts
215 points
Creativity
Jackalope
SYLVIA STILES
Offline / VIOLET

Sylvia hadn't noticed the kiss mark when she came back. If she had then there would've been a bit of a freak out (out of embarrassment, not out of anger).

Buuut it would seem she didn't need to notice the kiss mark to have a minor heart attack. Once more she had an arm around her shoulders, her face melting to red as she looked at the hand, up the arm, then to Arachnea's face. THEN CAME THE COMPLIMENTS. Oh god oh god oh god.

"I-I uh you know just. Ah. I don't think. Hah." There were spurts of words, similar in fashion to that faucet leaking water: steady but with several pauses. Hopefully the smile on her face didn't look like a serial killer's: her smiles tended to get a little crazy when she was overloaded. "S-So I, I'm sure that you, uh. You said you also do dungeons and stuff. There's a... a weekly dungeon if you want to. Y'know. Do that?" The flirtatiousness reminded Sylvia of a Pink, but she doubted that was the case. No, don't even think about bringing color into this. You come here to escape that. A quiet mental scolding while she awaited an answer, not quite aware that she'd just invited the stranger on a dungeon raid in her panicked mishmash of words.

--

TSINTAH DESCHENE
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 08:00 PM
Racer
Homosexual
single
46 posts
495 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

"You don't think?" She said in mock surprise. No, the Elfette's smile didn't look too bad. Tsin enjoyed the expression to be honest. She'd played with shy ones before with similarly amusing reactions.

"Ohhh? Weekly dungeon? Like a date?" It was not and she knew it. But didn't care. She wanted to watch these reactions more. they're cute, adorable, and funny. "But really, we can go on that. Are we going to wait for your friends? Or will it be just us." Eyebrows wiggling.

Just to be sure, she checked the time. "I do admit, I have to meet somebody in a four hours. Think we can complete that by then?" She had to go meet a Violet about some racing game over dinner. Honestly, she probably had enough time to do two or three dungeons in that time. But she was happy to tease this cutie until then.

SYLVIA STILES
pm
^
SYLVIA STILES
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 04:14 AM
VR Artist/Game Designer
Bisexual
Single
27 posts
215 points
Creativity
Jackalope
SYLVIA STILES
Offline / VIOLET

'Like a date?' The other woman was certainly skilled at making the Violet grow redder and redder, her palms pressing harder into her cheeks as her cheeks swarmed with heat. "I mean I.. .it can if... if you want I don't ah, have any plans or anything so ahahhh..." The weird smile returned, Sylvia spinning around on her heel to face the opposite direction, pointing forward. "Four hours is plenty of time! I have something planned later too so that works with me."

The elf started to move in a straight line, walking a bit stiffly as she let out a weird laugh. "Soo uh. What dungeon do you want? I mean there's a bunch of weekly ones not that I have to tell you because I'm sure you know how to play the game and stuff, I mean who doesn't know how to play it it isn't a very hard game soo.." Hopefully the other woman would keep up with the quick pace Sylvia set. "There's the swamp dungeon or the underwater dungeon, the sky dungeon, forest, desert, sweet land, crystal ruins," She was heading toward the arcane portal hub: a nice way to fast travel for players while keeping with the theme of fantasy.

---

TSINTAH DESCHENE
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 07:47 PM
Racer
Homosexual
single
46 posts
495 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

"Marvelous! Than lets go~"

As they went, Tsin watched little Daria get of so flustered at the suggestion of a date. No, she couldn't see ON Daria, not exactly. But she could hear it in her voice. See it in her movements. It was adorable. But she wondered if little Daria was this shy in real life or if it was an act. Can't help but dream.

The tall drow kept the long stride easily. "Ohhhh, I like the Sky Dungeon and Crustal Ruins. Both are very pretty places. Let's try the Ruins. Unless you've done that already, cutie."

Aracnea would go to the portal and open the option for the Crystal Ruins. Setting it to 2 Man Dungeon. Support and DPS, they just didn't have a tank. Luckily, this game did autofill their party with a very decent AI. And a Tank bot was the best way to use a bot.

SYLVIA STILES
pm
^
SYLVIA STILES
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 02:01 AM
VR Artist/Game Designer
Bisexual
Single
27 posts
215 points
Creativity
Jackalope
SYLVIA STILES
Offline / VIOLET

"I haven't done Crystal Ruins yet so that works with me!" One of her favorite areas of the game to be honest: ancient ruins in a cave full of prismatic crystals. The dungeon itself was a nice mix of combat and puzzles. "I know that there's a super rare drop this week that everyone's clamoring after. Some pieces of the Prisma-Crystal Armor set, and some weapons." She'd stop at the portal as Aracnea would set up the lobby, her foot tapping nervously on the floor.

When the lobby was finished setting up they'd step through the portal, the world going dark for a few moments before the trio was dumped out in the starting area. "Do you want to do a speed run of it, or do you want to try to do all the optional quests? I think most of it's mining for crystals or killing certain creatures." She'd pull up the quest screen, looking at the list of requirements. "There's also the bosses that can spawn throughout the area too: if we beat them we can get a higher rate of uh, rare drops. If you want. I don't want to y'know, waste your time or anything."

--

TSINTAH DESCHENE
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 10:05 PM
Racer
Homosexual
single
46 posts
495 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

"Awesome!" And the lobby was quickly set up so that they could go into it.

"Hmmmm..... I don't like leaving things unfinished. And there's a higher chance of getting the armor if we do all the missions too, right?" She confirmed with a smile. The new armor was quite pretty, she remembered seeing it in the forums.

She re-equipped armor and weapons to something more DPS heavy to get past the high armor creatures for this area. The armor she put on now was actual armor. The set was supposed to be an over skimpy thing, but clearly Aracnea transmoged it.

Aracnea held out her hand to the "I shall be your guard, Milady~" She chuckled.

SYLVIA STILES
pm
^
SYLVIA STILES
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 11:50 PM
VR Artist/Game Designer
Bisexual
Single
27 posts
215 points
Creativity
Jackalope
SYLVIA STILES
Offline / VIOLET

"It does, and we get little bonus rewards on top of it. Aside from the bosses, a lot of it's material collecting. Mining five rainbow nodes is one I know off the top of my head." Sylvia watched as the other woman swapped out her armor, finding it entertaining that she'd purposefully changed the armor to be less revealing. Deciding that it was a wise idea to change from her cosmetic outfit, she'd begin changing out her goods as well. Magic and buffs were her specialty as a bard.

The heat swept over her face when Arachnea spoke of being her guard, a nervous laugh erupting. "I, I appreciate it. I'll do my best to keep you all... healed up 'n stuff." Arachnea's gesture seemed a bit nerdy; maybe she was a Green in real life? Or another Violet? Then again most people seemed to dump their color-coatings when they went into the online realm. She'd scramble towards the entrance of the dungeon, taking a few steps out into the first area.

--

TSINTAH DESCHENE
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 02:53 AM
Racer
Homosexual
single
46 posts
495 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

“Oooh? All your attention will be kept on me? Dream come true." She teased lightly. And yes, that is lightly for her.

Arcachnea followed Daria sharply, entering with speed in case there was an enemy right at the front entrance. Objective come up quickly on the side, as both of them had done the dungeon before.

>Mining Rainbow Nodes.
>Assist Glass in finding her home.
>Seek out Cygnus.
>Interrupt the summoning of Azayel.
>And personal mission: Escort [DARIA] to the Crystal Bed.

The last one was mean to be an optional checkpoint quest, meant to put a random party member in the story. This one’s goal was intended to be innocent with the Crystal Bed referring to the area at the bottom of the caverns where the crystal bedrock shown and glows all the colors on the spectrum. But Arachnea couldn’t help but snort ones at its wording.

SYLVIA STILES
pm
^
SYLVIA STILES
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 11:17 PM
VR Artist/Game Designer
Bisexual
Single
27 posts
215 points
Creativity
Jackalope
SYLVIA STILES
Offline / VIOLET

Sylvia's lip twitched as she spotted the very last one: an escort mission with her as the focus, to an area called 'Crystal Bed'. Why the hell were the Greens that made this game so damn cheeky? A rather obvious inside joke that was meant to make players get a kick out of it.... though it was giving Sylvia heart palpitations.

"Ha... haa... so after we get the nodes and stuff, that must be where we, ah, turn them in and stuff. To the Crystal Bed." Sylvia called back over her shoulder, watching as a small group of crystal slimes bounced around the area. She vaguely remembered the person who had requested this area to be built; a Gold with time and money to burn. The only reason it had been brought into the game was because the Gold had personally funded the time and resources for it.

"So how long have you been playing?" An innocent topic as she hoped to keep most of their conversations, lest her head explode. The slimes were dealt with easily, but Sylvia knew that the further they got in the dungeon the harder the enemies would appear.

--

TSINTAH DESCHENE
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling