RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

new poll

» Meetings in Grayscale [C]
TALIA TESSARO
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 04:18 AM
Reeducation
Bisexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
Kago
TALIA TESSARO
Offline / GRAY

Another founding statue. This time, fire was involved. A bit of Talia wished that whoever did it had the common decency to just break off a piece. Fixing a break was easy. Fire damage coated the whole thing. So a clever Violet and Orange with a bunch of Reds would have to chip away what was there and reform something new over it. So the statue CAN be fixed, but it'll be a bloody waste of everybody's time.

But this time they had images. How certain were they that the images were useful? Not at all. But the camera feed did give investigations about 16-20 people who were definitely in the area minutes before the fire started. No idea who yet, since the feed was cut off before the crime itself. Whoever it was had been very clever.

Talia and four other Agents were brought in to interrogate. Sliding through the batch she was going to question, she saw Detective Josh Shelley's profile. Former Detective... but it was obvious why she was given this in her batch. She knew Shelley very well. Much more than the other Agents there who were younger than her. Talia remembered when Josh and Gillian fondly... Tessaro even remembered holding a torch for Josh when she first became an investigator.

She saved him for last. Talia was sure he knew what was coming. So it might appear to be a classic strategy of 'let him sit there and stew'. But really, Talia only saved him for last to leave open the potential of going out after this questioning was over. She'll apologize for wasting his time then.

Tessaro had no idea that when it was Shelley's turn... there was a lightly pink vapor making it's way through the ventilation system and into the interrogator rooms.

JOSH SHELLEY
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 05:38 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
20 posts
170 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

The explosives weren’t planted by Josh, no. he wasn’t the fireworks expert, but he made sure he was there to witness when yet another founder statue went up in flames. This time they had chosen fire instead of making it into pieces, what he wanted was to burn the metal until it was twisted scrap, but he didn’t think his demolition expert had enough time to come up with something.

It was glorious anyway, Josh tried recording the moment but he missed it, he only managed a selfie with the burning statue. He blended in with the onlookers, there was always a lot of curious people who were ready to watch any kind of tragedy despite the gray’s best effort to keep things inconspicuous.

But then came the surprise, he lingered for too long, and suddenly he was being taken for questioning by the grays and no matter how much he argued they didn’t listen. Josh was put in a small interrogation room and told to wait until an agent come to ask him a few ‘friendly’ questions.

And wait he did. Gods, did he wait. The room was bare, not even a clock on the wall telling him the time. He didn’t know if he stayed there an hour or ten, he only knew it was long enough for him to feel hungry.

Josh was balancing on the back legs of his chair, more or less melted into the chair in pure, utter boredom. He could almost fall asleep if it wasn’t the sound of the metal door opening and in came his personal gray. “Fiiiinally. The hell were you all doing? I’ve been here for hours.” He finally looked at the gray who entered and he dropped the chair on a snap as he recognized the gray “Talia?”

TALIA TESSARO
pm
^
TALIA TESSARO
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 03:52 AM
Reeducation
Bisexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
Kago
TALIA TESSARO
Offline / GRAY

She came in and smiled to Josh and his comment. And then his recognition. A little happiness came at his recognition. “Hello Josh.” Unlike the others she had been a bit harsher with, Talia was definitely going to play a bit of the ‘old friends’ card. All they had on Shelley was that he took a selfie. Reckless and stupid, but not exactly anything that required her to go at him with full force.

“We were a bit short staffed and a lot of people came in. I moved your name to the end.” She took the chair across for Josh and set the folder in front of her.

It's not like Talia believed Josh to be guilty. Not yet, anyway. She went with a professional mask anyway. "To save on time and since you already know how this goes, I'll get straight to the main questions Mr. Shelley. Do you have any valid reason why you were taking a selfie with the destruction of the founder statue that was destroyed..." She looked at her watch. "...5 hours ago?"

JOSH SHELLEY
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 07:06 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
20 posts
170 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

Talia Tessaro, miss Titty for the intimates, or so the stories went. Josh considered for a whole second to call her that, but she had such a good disposition towards him at that moment that he didn’t want to ruin his chance to get out of here with his records still clean. Technically he wasn’t part of the force anymore, despite the fact that he never would stop being a gray.

Or maybe their good will wasn’t that big…. More reason to keep his mouth shut. But really, moving him to the end of the list? Talk about petty “What? Why the heckie? I didn’t do that. Is it because you wanted to leave the best for last? Still a dick move.”

As expected she was all professionalism and straight to the point, as grays supposedly always were. He was Mr. Shelley now, the coldness put fear on people, but not Josh who had been on the other of that table before. “It’s been 5 hours??? You guy really left here to stew uh?” Bastards. He leaned back on his chair again, putting his weight back to tip the front of the chair out of the ground. “The statue just went boom out of nowhere” He made an explodey gesture with his hands “There was a lot of fire, but it was like, controlled, didn’t harm anyone, i wanted to take a picture” he shrugged.

TALIA TESSARO
pm
^
TALIA TESSARO
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 08:59 PM
Reeducation
Bisexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
Kago
TALIA TESSARO
Offline / GRAY

Good thing he didn't use that name. She hates it soooo much. The woman rolled her eyes when he complained about getting moved. "Don't get upset too much. We went alphabetical and the only one behind you was Tanner. You still would have been here a while. Call me selfish, but I wanted to catch up once this fiasco was sorted." She shrugged. Its hard finding friends in her job, so yeah she was gonna abuse her power a little.

Anyway, Talia ignored his comment about the time. She couldn't help that she had to go through the details of each and every person. And then there was the issue of the last two in the cells getting caught making out fully. She had to go separate them and get statements from them as well. And on top of that, two of hers charges had lied. Not about the incident, but she had to get the truth out before she could clear them. Thankfully, her scanning eye didn't pick up anything that said Josh was lying. No increased heart rate or other signed of deceit. And his phone hadn't held any evidence linking him to the crime besides the picture. Really, she had nothing to go on.

So she pretty much already intended to let him go. "Yes, but you could have taken something a bit less controversial couldn't you? You knew we'd be look." There was a playful exasperation in her tone. "Did you just want a reason to come say hi?"

Taila was watching Josh and would not notice the faint pink vapor coming into the room front the vents. It had finally made it to them.

JOSH SHELLEY
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 05:56 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
20 posts
170 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

gray on gray action
She…. wanted to catch up? That surprised Josh quite a bit. Yes they had been friends before, but he thought nobody really missed him after he quit. Nobody bothered to check after three months, and it had been over seven years now. If only Talia knew what he’d been up to…. She’s always been on the more lawful side, even if the law was plain wrong. His smile grew more genuine as he answered. “Awww. i feel loved now. You could’ve just asked me for coffee or something, y’know, like normal people.” He said good humoredly.

The truth was that he often took pictures of his shenanigans, but he took them out of his phone as soon as possible. Carrying evidence against himself in his pocket wasn’t exactly a smart idea. He usually didn’t get taken in by the grays, he had lingered for far too long today. “Maybe i missed you all. You know how it is, it’d be too awkward if i just showed up on your door one day. Now we’re here, alone. Just us and the security cameras recording our every word.”

It was then that Josh was hit by the sweet smell of…. Something. He glanced behind him, what he expected to find he didn’t know, but there was nothing there at any rate. The smell persisted though and he glanced at Talia again with a faint look of confusion, but he wrote it off as being nothing for now.

notes: n/a
spenny
pm
^
TALIA TESSARO
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 01:44 AM
Reeducation
Bisexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
Kago
TALIA TESSARO
Offline / GRAY

“Since when have either of us been normal, Mr. Shelley? You’re going to have to refresh my memory on that score.” She shook her head, with equal good humor. His story(which did pick up as lies) did succeed in getting a laugh out of Talia.

And when she did laugh, she paused. Something was in the air. She sniffed and looked about. Feeding to her eye, the modification for detecting gases and pheromones picked something up. The woman looked up to the vent questioningly. It wasn’t truth gas was it? She didn’t have any of that pumped into the interrogation rooms yet… it tended to cause hallucinations.

Either way, it was a good signal to end the meeting here to get THAT investigated now. “Well… cameras are off us now… We can head out and continue our discussion else… where….” Her gaze had returned to Josh. And parts of her mind which she had thought long dampened started moving into action. Long held feelings of lust for the man in the chair. It had left her unknowing of what to do. But some part of her was still working a bit, sening the body wanting other things. Moving to her hand almost absentmindedly, Talia wordlessly took out her work phone and her gaze only flicked down for a moment to send a signal to the cameras to this room. To cut them off. In case she did something regrettable.

Well. Regrettable for reputation.

JOSH SHELLEY
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 10:40 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
20 posts
170 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

gray on gray action
Excellent point. Josh could say that he himself was indeed not normal. He couldn’t speak for Talia but he was a gray who worked against the law, the ultimate type of rebel, who should be enforcing the law but couldn’t give two shits about it. “I see your point” He said said with a smirk.

Talia seemed to have smelled the same thing as Josh, she was looking at the vent on the wall. Did they just get poisoned?? He glanced again at the wall, but there was nothing his eye could catch. Whatever it was, Talia suggested they left and well, Josh couldn’t help but agree. He got up from the chair and looked at the woman.

What he didn’t expect was the deep…. He could only describe as hunger. His pupils dilated, Josh took a deep breath and had to look away from a moment. The feeling of lust was so strong he felt dizzy. Had Talia always been so…. Gorgeous? Yes she had, his mind supplied, how didn’t he notice before? He could just…. Kiss her right now.

Sly as a snake Josh made his way around the desk and stopped close to Talia, too close, some would say he was invading her personal space. He didn’t know what came over him but at that moment, but frankly he didn’t care “So you said get out of here? Go somewhere else. What did you have in mind?” He said lowly, seductively. She had nice lips.

spenny
pm
^
TALIA TESSARO
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 02:48 AM
Reeducation
Bisexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
Kago
TALIA TESSARO
Offline / GRAY

Her eyes shifted to the man at his sudden movement. Yeah… him approaching wasn’t helping these feelings. But it wasn’t unwanted. She allowed the man to get close. Few had dared that before and again, it wasn’t unwanted for Mr. Shelley.

Her lips parted at his question. Her brain just coasting along with these emotions. Talia’s hand coming, her finger’s gently trailing up the other mans arm. She didn’t really think about what she was saying. “Well… I’m sure we could find something. If not… My home is not too far from here. We could find something there…” She offered, her heart racing. No, this was not normal for her to just come forward and ask. But why deny these feelings?

JOSH SHELLEY
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 05:31 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
20 posts
170 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

gray on gray action
Leave? Josh didn’t feel like leaving, he felt like it would take such a long time and he couldn’t bring himself to lean away and wit until they were somewhere else. Had he been with his wits in place, he would’ve found a lot wrong with the idea of making out with an agent in the middle of the interrogation room, but right now those reasons escaped him.

He leaned forward, taking a deep breath, smelling her scent, intoxicating himself in more ways than one. He nuzzled his nose against her cheek, bold move he knew, but she hadn’t rejected him so far, in face, she seemed to into this as much as he was. “Or we could…. You know, stay here. The door is closed, the cameras are off.” He whispered on her ear, one of his hand coming up to caress her face gently. “Nobody can see us, and i dunno about you, but it adds to thrill how your chief could just come in.”

spenny
pm
^
TALIA TESSARO
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 04:32 AM
Reeducation
Bisexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
Kago
TALIA TESSARO
Offline / GRAY

Talia tilted her head to press into his hand as he whispered. She bit her lip as she thought about the thrill of being caught. Why it was a thrill was beyond her, but alas, it was. And her response would be wordless confirmation as she reached a hand to his chin to turn him to face her. While she pressed her lips to his, her tongue already seeking to push into the other man’s mouth. Closing her eyes to revel in the sensation…

A sensation which it turns out, might be a tad short lived.

JOSH SHELLEY
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 05:51 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
20 posts
170 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

gray on gray action
Like a thrill taking the form of a shiver that went all the way down Josh’s spine. He felt his skin raising in goosebumps the moment their lips met and he kissed Talia hungrily, his mouth opening to welcome her. His spare hand wrapping around her waist to bring her closer and….

It was like a fog was lifted from his mind, a metaphorical slap on his face that just scremead ‘what the holy fickity frack do you think you are doing, Joshua!?!?!?! He broke the kiss and pushed her away slightly, though it was undeniable how he was enjoying this…. Whatever it is, with how red his face had turned and the way he seemed out of breath even with such a breaf kiss. He was… speechless.’

spenny
pm
^
TALIA TESSARO
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 07:23 PM
Reeducation
Bisexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
Kago
TALIA TESSARO
Offline / GRAY

Talia was second to escape the pink haze over her mind. But she turned no less a shade of red as she realized what she had been doing. The good thing for Josh was that she didn’t look mad at him. At the moment she was just speechless.

She was the first to speak. “I don’t know where that came from.” Talia stated simply and honestly. “And I take it you don’t either?” Hey at the very least, she didn’t seem upset. Just confused.

JOSH SHELLEY
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 06:37 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
20 posts
170 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

gray on gray action
Next thing Josh expected was to get punch into next month and wake up paralyzed from the waist down. But Talia was… surprisingly okay with whatever happened. Josh let out a relieved breath and smiled sheepishly at her, part of him couldn’t help but think she was cute when she was embarrassed like that, but he shook his head and decided to not go there least they start making out for no reason again.

She seemed to understand this was an odd occurrence, that explained why she was so calm “Yeeeeeah. I’m sorry, i don’t know what came over me.” He cleared his throat, feeling out of depth. “I mean, there was that odd smell but i don’t think perfume makes people kiss.” He shrugged. Maybe he was in heat or something. Humanity’s next evolution.

That would suck.

spenny
pm
^
TALIA TESSARO
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 06:45 PM
Reeducation
Bisexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
Kago
TALIA TESSARO
Offline / GRAY

“No No, it’s fine.” That may have been said a little TOO quickly that she’d ever like to admit. His suggestion of perfume cause her to frown. “I don’t think my perfume is that strong…” She’d have worn it more when she and Josh had worked together.

Looking to the vent she tilted her head… checking the readings from her implant built seamlessly into her eye. There was something in the air. And that vent was connected to the other rooms. “Wait here a moment” Turning, she went and opened the door.

Outside it seemed to be a mix of security guard mayhem and curious blushing onlookers. There had been one other interrogation going on next door. A double target interrogation between a Gold, Grey, and Obsidian. Annnnd it seemed none of them were kissers when lust took them…

The police chief saw Talia and they shared a look to which the chief just shook their head and haved Talia toward the exit. Talia understood. The fewer people, the better. If she was needed, she’d be called. Talia held up a finger asking for one moment and closed the door to turn to Josh. “You’re cleared of suspicion, but for now we both need to leave.” Her cheeks tinted a bit as she continued. “I know this is short notice… but would you like to get together later? For something?” Anything.

JOSH SHELLEY
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 06:37 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
20 posts
170 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

gray on gray action
Josh was cleared of suspicion yaaaay! He was so for leaving this place and hopefully never return. He’d need a shower, at least the kiss was nice, he could think about coming back if he was going to get a kiss from Titty. Josh smiled awkwardly at the new arrivals, they didn’t even seem to notice but it didn’t matter. As soon as she was done saying he was clear he took a step forward, but her sudden invitation made him stop and look at her again in surprise. “What? me? Really?” Was Talia….. Inviting him for a date.

Amazing

It was really risky, someone like him go on a date with a special agent of all things, part of him wondered if it was a trap of some sort but… They had him here, in a holding cell, they had the cheese and the knife, why would she ask him on a date of all things?

What the heckie doo, he thought. “You know what? Sure, let’s meet later. You know the cafe near here that has that stupid donut mascot? Let’s meet there after your shift. It’s decided!” and with that, Josh was off, he… actually should tell his guys what happened and the fact that he got a date.

How long had it been since he has had a date? Too long.

spenny

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX