RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
new poll

» per interest, @ olivier
MARKUS DOMINIC
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 01:51 AM
slacker
heterosexual
single
43 posts
130 points
spoiled
tek
MARKUS DOMINIC
Offline / GOLD

everything you touch turns to gold

A high-pitched "pleaaaaseee, please please" rang in Markus' ear as if traumatized by a bullet rushing past his side of head. In reality, it was the very fresh memory of his sister's plead to get him to hang out with some Silver who was another, more important Silver's son and somehow she needed the older one's favor. He didnt listen to it all, until she said she'd owe him one and it was suddenly a deal. Her voice also wasnt high-pitched, he just liked to mock her in his mind - sibling love, right?

All in all, he had to befriend some nerd guy (or maybe just an introvert? no, he really sounded like a nerd) until they were buddies well enough to be able to ask "hey, can you help my sissie out? she wants in business with your dad or something". A good plan, in theory.

But Markus wasnt known for his patience, nor his friendliness, nor his ability to keep friends, nor_ you got it. He said he'll try. Hence why he was hanging around in the mansion's lobby, waiting for his soon-to-be pal Kowalski to drop by his place. Markus supposedly invited him over as a "family friend" and to get him to tag along to a party later maybe, if he was up for it.

"Aaaany time now, GlitterWhite." Aka Silver, he sighed.

outfit
Olivier Kowalski

BY MITZI
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 10:33 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
92 posts
240 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

May I interest you some manners?
Meeting and greeting all sorts of new people had been a common occurance for Olivier ever since he was a small child. Act properly, be always polite, smile but not too much, mind your posture. Those were all things he has heard all his life as the constant flurry of people came and went from his house and the times he visited his dad’s office. Things didn’t really change once he grew older, from golds, silvers to all the way down the those lovely violets and their awesome art, he had met so many people he didn’t remenber half of them.

Today he’d meet one more, he put his good expensive clothes, the most flowy scarf he owned and more silver encrusted rigs than he had fingers for. The person was a gold, so it was expected of him to dress his best and act his best, it was all politics, but wasn’t everything in life? Olivier just hoped the guy had good taste in music. But even if he didn’t, he had to play nice, his father had said they could get a really good deal if he made this family happy.

That didn’t mean he’d stop being himself. Olivier was fashinably late as he made his way downstairs with a sneer on his face and way too much flair. It was all appearances, of course, a shield he put up until he figured out what kind of person Markus Dominic was. He thought it was pretty cool how his ultra light scarf billowed when he reached the last step and stood in front of the tall gold. “You’re Markus? It is very nice to meet you. I’m Olivier.” He offered his hand.

pm
^
MARKUS DOMINIC
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 10:11 PM
slacker
heterosexual
single
43 posts
130 points
spoiled
tek
MARKUS DOMINIC
Offline / GOLD

Did his sister seriously just plan him a playdate? Because it really felt like one, and it hadnt even started yet. Markus wasnt sure why he was so...prejudiced, such an already-fed-up-with-you vibe he was giving off... Maybe because he was to "waste a precious day with a Silver". Yeah, that was probably it.

He waited, and waited and waite- oh no, wait, that's Olivier? Flowing down the stairs like some seahorse in an aquarium, looking all fancy and stylish -- was this a joke? He was kidding, right? He couldnt seriously act like that around peopl_ It's for your sister. Markus reminded himself and sighed internally, looking down at the offered hand, hoping to intimidate the Silver a bit.

"Yeah, likewise. So this is your..place, huh?" He looked around, as if admiring the house (pretending he forgot to shake the guy's hand, as he had his own crossed at his chest) for a moment. His house was much bigger though, he felt good about that, he wasnt going to say it out loud and offend the host just yet though. He gave an absent nod as if approving of the mansion and then traced his glare back to Olivier- right, the handshake.

Markus reached to squeeze tight the Silver's hand with his robotic one, acting as if he didnt notice the hold and shook him well. "Nice..uh...rings." What even could he compliment here, guy looked like a flowy flower with that scarf, he sure as hell wont mention it. "Thanks for inviting me over, by the way." Formalities had to, sadly, be used once for all.

Olivier Kowalski

pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 10:39 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
92 posts
240 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

The very first impression Olivier had of this Markus was that he was a brute. The man acted more like a grumpy gray who didn’t get paid in time than a proper gold. There was no finesse, just going through politeness like a bull. “Indeed, this is my humble house” It wasn’t humble at all, it was big, expansive, full fine ornaments and paintings from famous violets and not so famous violets. Olivier was very proud of I all, the most expensive pieces were kept in the entrance hall to impress any visitors, though he had a feeling they failed if this gold’s face was anything to go by.

He was about to lower his ignored hand when the brute finally gave him the handshake, and Olivier used that word very loosely, because it felt more like the man was trying to crush his hand until his bones were dust. Olivier’s face went pale and he couldn’t hide the face of pure pain, especially with his rings digging into his skin, between is fingers. He was pretty sure he heard something crack. If it was his fingers or one of the ring’s gemstones, he wasn’t sure.

It was like this gold didn’t have a lesson in proper manners for a day in his life. Olivier was not impressed, but he’d pretend he didn’t notice. “Thank you.” He said curtly, flexing his hand to get the feeling back to it, at least it wasn't broken. “And it’s no problem, I’m sure we’ll both enjoy our time, make this relationship beneficial for both our families.” He doubted very much he’d enjoy his time.

[/QUOTE]
pm
^
MARKUS DOMINIC
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 10:33 AM
slacker
heterosexual
single
43 posts
130 points
spoiled
tek
MARKUS DOMINIC
Offline / GOLD

Humble...well, humble did it, sure. Markus felt more like he entered a large art exposition, but with that feeling came his natural arrogance, insisting that this was probably all this guy's family had to show off. Must be fun to be a robber and enter, get the stuff, then just step back through the door. Not that he was getting any ideas, he already had everything he wanted or needed. On a golden platter.

He momentarily thought Olivier was sick, a flu of some kind, perhaps from all the extraterrestrial influences? Otherwise he had no explanation at hand for the man's pale face or...general mushness. Was everyone this weak or was he just too strong for anyone that wasnt a Gold? He should spar an Obsidian sometime.

He wanted to correct his use of "relationship" to "friendships", but then realized that it would be a stretch. Markus could try and pretend all day, but he couldnt promise any genuine friendship just yet, so might as well just leave it at that for now. "Of course. Are you..okay? You seem a little pale. Hopefully it's not some virus." He folded his arms again, secretly a bit put off that his robot arm now had the Silver's hand oils on it. The ups and downs of wearing a bionic limb... "So what did you want to do today? If you had no plans, we could find something to do downtown maybe." As in, meet up with some of his friends..get one or two little packages of what they called Stardust and just generally see how Olivier reacted to being shoved outside of his...uh..coddled comfort zone. He gave off that weakling vibe, made Markus feel sleepy.

outfit
Olivier Kowalski

BY MITZI
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 04:28 AM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
92 posts
240 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

The smile Olivier gave was strained at best, it twiched at the end and in his eyes there was only pain. “I’m fine, great even. Couldn’t be better!” He stroked his thankfully not broken fingers, but he saw one of his rigs had cut the skin where they pressed with the handshake. Also one of the saphires had been displaced from the ring, that would so annoying to fix... He pouted at his ruined ring and slipped it off in a swift move that he made look like just a flair of his arms.

“Well, I was hoping you’d have ideas” Since, y’know, his family had contacted his first, Olivier assumed he’d be the man with a plan. He had been so worried about dressing his best that an actual activity for them to do had slipped his mind. But no matter, he was sure they’d find some common interest. “What is it that you like to do?” He asked walking towards the door and expecting Markus Dominic to follow. “Art? Music? Video Games?” That was basically Olivier’s interests, or some of them.

pm
^
MARKUS DOMINIC
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 10:52 PM
slacker
heterosexual
single
43 posts
130 points
spoiled
tek
MARKUS DOMINIC
Offline / GOLD

He seemed like he'd prove to be a quirky guy later on, Markus just hoped he wouldnt start being annoying about some band or try to convert him to alienfood diets or whatever. Olivier gave off that vibe.

Art...music...video games? Those were...childish hobbies, was Olivier aware of that? Video games could be an exception, maybe. Markus was much more into sports, or sparring, or car racing. Hell, even illegal substances. "That uh..sounds........yeah, but actually, I was thinking we could hit up the Regal Mile maybe. Got a friend's birthday goin' on there, if you want. Good food, loud music, VR games, pretty girls, y'know, all that. You'll love it, c'mon!" Little did Markus actually care if Olivier would feel wel in that setting, he just wanted to attend the party and maybe accidentally lose the Silver in the crowd. Or publicly embarrass him.

Markus gave the Silver a shoulder slap, gentle in an encouraging way, but with the metal arm, as he liked feeling powerful. "I'll drive."

outfit
OLIVIER KOWALSKI

BY MITZI
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 04:28 AM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
92 posts
240 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

A birthday party of a person Ollie neither knew nor cared about. Absoluteling riveting... He could hardly wait... He really tried, but he couldn’t keep the face of wariness mixed with distaste. Play nice, Olivier. He could practically hear his father’s unimpressed voice talking right behind his shoulder. “Sounds.... uh.” Yeah, if Markus wouldn’t even pretend to care about his interests, Ollie didn’t see why he should. “VR games uh? Which kind?” He doubted Markus knew what good music was even if it kicked his butt with a metal boot.

But somewhere along the way Markus Dominic had already made the decision, that slap that made Olivier stumble and almost fall on his face seemed to have sealed his fate. Brute. Olivier straightned his clothes, his scarf, his everything. “You’ll drive? Not a choffeur? Not a brown paid to do that or anything?” Odd, sometimes coppers drove their own cars, but in Olivier’s experience, anyone who was worth their names had browns to do the pesky mundane things like driving.

pm
^
MARKUS DOMINIC
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 10:27 AM
slacker
heterosexual
single
43 posts
130 points
spoiled
tek
MARKUS DOMINIC
Offline / GOLD

Such a similar reaction to Markus', yet he failed to notice the resemblance in how much the two were not into the other's hobbies. It was funny, in a way. At least the VR games were a common ground, right?

"Multiplayer shooters, or the pervy kind if Thanos found a new one he wants to boast about. I'm sure there are other options too, though. Or we can play laser tag without the VR's lack of physical contact." He shrugged his broad shoulders, and what he wanted to say was that he always liked to pretend he was on an actual battlefield rather than be surrounded by views he couldnt interact with.

"Are you callin' me poor, boy?" He asked in his deep voice, cocking a brow at Olivier in curiosity rather than a feeling of having been offended. Then, to show he was not going to turn hostile, he grinned and lightly nudged Oli's arm with his human fist. "I'm just teasing ya. I'm not letting some Brown risk crashin' my best toys. Besides, ladies like it when you treat the road like a race course." He had a one track mind, pun intended, and he liked to puff his chest and feel like the king of this jungle. "You probably wont be needing the, uh, scarf. It wont be cold inside the car, nor at the party." Why the need for the scarf, he was a grown man not some little toddler whose mother was scared of him catching a cold..

outfit
OLIVIER KOWALSKI

BY MITZI
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 04:23 AM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
92 posts
240 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Uhhhh..... the lowest of the low when it came to video games. “No... RPGS by any chance? The genre, not the old rweapon.” RPGS, adventures, things where Olivier had the freedom to choose the type of character he could play, those were his bread and butter. Multiplayer shooters was just.... Something 12 year olds screamed over while calling you names.

He’d have to do this, won’t he? He thought of his father’s severe face, the disapointed frown he’d throw at Olivier if he screwed things over. So he forced a smile, it was the worst smile he ever gave. “Sounds like a lovely time” Not. He started walking towards the exit, the sooner they went, the sooner this torture would be over.

“Wha- N-no, That’s not-” Oh god, he already offended the brute. They weren’t even outside yet!!! He hadn’t noticed how big this guy was... and that metal arm seemed capable of crushing a person’s spine. But the the storm passed and Markus Dominic was smiling and boasting, the usual. “Ah... I see. Do they really? Is it the adrenaline?” He asked with odd sort of curiosity, like he really wanted to know the answer.

He adjusted his scarf proudly. This guy doesn’t know what dressing well was. “A scarf is not only for when it’s cold, it’s also a statement. I’ll keep it, can we go?”

pm
^
MARKUS DOMINIC
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 11:20 PM
slacker
heterosexual
single
43 posts
130 points
spoiled
tek
MARKUS DOMINIC
Offline / GOLD

RPGs...those were like...the epitome of the forever alone kind of guy. Who else played those? Markus couldnt imagine anyone with a stable and healthy social life wasting hours in a row to.. what even, talk to NPCs? Uhhhh, lame!

But it was whatever, the startled Silver face made up for the embarrassing RPG talk (well, monologue since Markus didnt offer input) as well as the way he seemed to be ready to flaunt his scarf. "What does it state?" That he would be better off dressed by his mom, probably. But gosh, who was Dominic to judge....

In the hovercar they went, a most luxurious one with the most comfortable chairs, of a shiny yet matte leather never seen before and just a general air of crapping money in his spare time, and the drive to the party had started. "What's your favorite drink? Or smoke." He had to make conversation while driving, otherwise he'd probably grow annoyed by Olivier's unnecessary presence. For your sister, dammit, not unnecessary. He remided himself.

OLIVIER KOWALSKI
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 03:13 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
92 posts
240 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

What does it state, the brute asks. Olivier looked up and down at Markus Dominic’s appearance, he couldn’t hold back the arrogant sneer. Why was it so important for him to forge this stupid alliance with an idiot who didn’t even know how to dress himself? Weren’t golds supposed to be the best of the best? Cases like this told Olivier that sometimes the caste system didn’t work as well as it should. “I don’t think you’d get it, if you’re making that question.” Was all he answered.

It was best if the subject was changed, however, Olivier wasn’t sure he liked the question at all. The more He spoke with Markus Dominic, the more Oli’s impression of immaturity was reinforced. He spoke in the ‘drugs are cool’ tone, and that sneer Olivier had wasn’t going away anytime soon. “I don’t enjoy slowly killing my neurons with that stuff. But I do enjoy fine wine and champagne occasionally. The 3800s brews are my favorite, though the Chatton particularly hasn’t aged as well.” Olivier didn’t even care that much about wine, but at that moment he was playing up the rich snob act just to mess with the brute.

pm
^
MARKUS DOMINIC
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 10:50 PM
slacker
heterosexual
single
43 posts
130 points
spoiled
tek
MARKUS DOMINIC
Offline / GOLD

Markus didnt want to call Olivier boring..

But he was boring.

And it started to kind of make the Gold feel tired, like Olivier was feeding on his good mood and confidence and all that was great that the Gold radiated, and absorbed it to turn it into a ray of boredom. Like a sort of vampirism, but for losers. At least the little guy knew about wine, Markus supposed he'd have to do with that. It wasnt that he wasnt educated in the "classy life" style, but he really liked looking cool instead of posh. Though, if he could, he'd do both at once. "Wine is classy, you drink it at special occasions or with someone privately. You cant really drink that at a party." He did feel pretty messed with, though.

The ride to the party would be awkward at best, sometimes silent, sometimes disagreements surfaced, but in the end they'd arrive in one piece, greeted by Golds that resembled Markus' sort of "jock style" and paid Pinks that would lead them inside the venue. Loud music, neon lights and questionable smells would be just a few of the things to build the ambiance. "Isnt this great?? Come, lets get drinks" He did raise his voice more than the usual, so Olivier could hear through the music.

outfit
OLIVIER KOWALSKI

BY MITZI
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Oct 25 2017, 04:55 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
92 posts
240 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

“Maybe you can’t.” Olivier said with all the arrogance he could muster, and oh boy, that was a lot of arrogance in one silver colored package with a scarf around it. Maybe Markus couldn’t party with wine, but Olivier certainly could. But grabbing a whole bottle of wine for himself, setting up a Dungeons & Tanks party with his friends, and drunk raiding. How he wished he could do that at that moment instead of being there in that car.

Their destination arrived not soon enough, but eventually. They fell into a heavy silence until they arrived. Once inside Olivier immediately wanted to go back the way he came. The place was brimming with sweaty, gross people. The smell of smoke, sweat and alcohol felt like would never leave his skin ever. Oli wanted to puke. But he held on with the fakest of smiles glued to his face like a shield. He made a noise that was a mix of despair and polite agreement at Markus’ question. He tried to make his way through the crowd without having to touch anyone, but it was impossible. He felt like he was a red working in the mines, and his hair was already a mess with how sweaty he was getting. His damn glasses were fogged up! What was this hell!?

pm
^
MARKUS DOMINIC
 Posted: Oct 27 2017, 09:55 AM
slacker
heterosexual
single
43 posts
130 points
spoiled
tek
MARKUS DOMINIC
Offline / GOLD

Markus thought that Oliver had been raised with a silver spoon in his mouth, which made him arrogant and made him act like he was the most interesting person in the world. Which, newsflash, he wasnt. But Markus also supposed that the guy was like this exactly because he hadnt been raised with a Golden spoon in his mouth instead. No wonder the Golds were the leaders of everything twitching, a Silver such as Oliver could barely handle fashion, and bad one at that, let alone a whole city. He decided to take him easy, try not to ask for too much from the Silver's limited capacities.

The party was blooming with excitement, people were recognizing Markus since they were all friends to an extent, and he kept greeting them with handshakes, chestbumps or fistbumps, some other dude almost tripping over Olivier. Then Markus gave his Silver buddy a backpat and finally managed to break through the crowd of people, arriving to face a Brown. "Where's our round, boy? Go get us some booze!" He commanded like the Gold he was, and the Brown scuttered away with a nod. "Here, Kowalski, meet my good friend Thanos! The birthday boy!" Markus was speaking so loudly, voice capable to fill a whole cathedral, no one had any issues hearing him over the music. He was used to such environments. He leaned over Oliver to rest an arm around his neck and pull him closer with Thanos under his other arm, like a big frat boy introducing two nerds. Except Thanos was also a jock.

Thanos wasnt as tall as Markus, but certainly taller than Olivier. They seemed to match in buffness, and where Thanos lacked in having a metal arm like Markus, he had a bionic eye like the much acclaimed cyborgs. "Welcome, nice to meet you! A friend of Markus is a friend of mine. More friends, more presents, right?" Except, he was truly expecting Olivier to have brought something. Markus, not so much, he gifted him the Pinks at this party.

"This is Olivier, a Silver, you two will get along fine." Except, Olivier was the only non-Gold tonight, excluding the Pinks and Browns.

OLIVIER KOWALSKI
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Nov 6 2017, 04:11 AM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
92 posts
240 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Olivier was afraid that the stank of sweat would never come off his clothes. He’d have to burn these once he got home. Markus Dominic’s friends were as loud and boisterous as the man himself. It was like watching exotic animals comunicating in the weirdest of ways possible. He was so glad nobody thought of giving him the same treatment. Too much touching, too many strangers, too many brutes in one single place.

He smiled at the one who was supposedly the one getting older today. He expertly ducked under Markus’ arm, not appreciating the intimacy. He offered the other guy his hand. “Oh wwell. Happy birthday, I suppose. I’m sorry i haven’t brought anything, Markus more or less dragged me here today wwith no prevvious warning.” He wasn’t nervous, he wasn’t stuttering, he was just... it was the loud music getting on his nerves.

Why were golds so huge anyway? Only Obsidians were bigger. Olivier wasn’t short by any stretch of the word, standing at 1,85 meters, he was used to being one of the tallest in his group of friends. But here.... Here he was a dwarf. He tried smiling, but it felt as fake as it actually was.

He ducked away and let the golds be stupid by themselves for a minute. He needed to breath. He appraoched one of the nervous browns, not paying much attention to the guy at all. “Tell me you have wine, please. Red wine, preferably from Libel”

They only had some strange brew from Arquivis, Olivier took it anyway.

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling