RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

new poll

» A Different Tasting Tea
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 05:13 AM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
21 posts
125 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Most of the time, Basil worked at home. He had the perfect office setup there that allowed him to work efficiently and effectively from home. Still, once in a while, he preferred to go to the library and do some research there. Each novel or short story he had written, he did extensive research to ensure he had facts and knew what he was describing. Nothing was worse than being called out on your own work.

That brought him to the library that afternoon. He had decided to use the public computers for his research on his upcoming book that was set in the past. Of course, this meant there was the possibility of more people being around. Basil was, honestly, surprised to see there was only one other person using the computers. He sat behind the man,but facing his back so no one could see what he was searching. As contradicting as it was, Basil was self conscious about others seeing what he was doing or what he was writing about before he was finished.

Yet, he found himself more caught up in what the other individual was doing. At first, it was just curious glances...but, then, Basil realized the guy's activity was pretty suspicious. He was staring at the screen for a few minutes…. Then he got up and walked over to the other.

”Hi, hello. Yes, my name is Basil. What are you doing?” Even though he was talking to Ji-Seok, he was staring at the computer screen.
pm
^
JI-SEOK KIM
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 03:42 AM
Hacker
Pansexual
Single
7 posts
50 points
JESS
JI-SEOK KIM
Offline / GREEN

i'm just a plain
old criminal.

It wasn't unusual for Ji-seok to do his hacking in different locations other than his own home set up. True, he preferred it. With his many monitors, his own software. But he did like to change things up on occasion, just to be sure his tracks were covered. This was one of those times. The Grays had almost caught him not even two weeks ago. They hit a little too close, and Ji-seok narrowly threw them off and they had once again, grabbed the wrong hacker. Ji-seok didn't care too much. He may want to get arrested one day, if nothing else, just for the experience, but he was still pretty young, and if the grays found out about all of his crimes against the upper classes, and the fact he constantly messed with their databases just for fun, he would never see the light of day again.

So that led him to the library. A mostly empty setting, as anyone who came there usually came when they needed the computers because for whatever reason, Their's weren't working. Hardly did they use books. Why would anybody when it was just so easy to get access to the internet? It was perfect for someone who needed to commit a crime in a public space. So Ji-seok walked in, and headed straight for the computers. They were a bit of an older model, but Ji-seok knew how to work it just fine. Immediately, he logged on and began shielding everything that could lead back to him. IP address, any location or software downloads. Just to be safe, he even deleted the camera function from the system so he could ensure nothing would film him.

He began frantically typing command after command, obviously familiar with the system. The familiar page of government records popped up, and he began scrolling through the various files, window after window popping up on his screen, each of criminals by the same name but with different faces. Eventually, the one he was looking for popped up. Charles Scott. Usually, Ji-seok didn't do work for the upper classes, but Charles Scott had paid him a hefty amount to erase his criminal record and get him a new identity, and to be honest, Ji-seok had nothing better to do and it gave him the chance to really screw with some grays. So he took the job.

However, as he was deleting Charles' information, someone had decided to sit behind him. Ji-seok wasn't too amused with that. If the person had sat in front of him, it meant they couldn't see his screen. But all it took was one little peek. And of course, it was just Ji-seok's luck that they seemed to be nosy. "Hi Basil. Don't we seem to be nosy." He said with a raised eyebrow, trying to play things off. He always had been a bit awkward though. "Be. Casual." His brain told him. Because that always seemed to work out well.

"My name is Ji-seok." He replied. At this point, he was wondering whether or not he should've given his real name. Oh well. Risk and reward he supposed. "Just doing....my work." "Oh you're a fucking moron. I said act casual! That's not casual that just looks even more suspicious you moron! How have you not gotten caught yet?!" His brain scolded him. Why did his brain always manage to make him feel like he was being scolded by a parent? BASIL CROSS

BY MITZI
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 05:18 AM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
21 posts
125 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Oh, right. Work. Basil ignored the nosy comment all together, scrunched his brows together, and looked back at the screen. ”Oh, well, you know, that's cool and all….but this is really high up on the scale of not legal. His eyebrows shot right up, then, blue eyes turning right back onto the boy in the chair as his arms crossed over his chest. He leaned his hip into the countertop the computers were propped on while his gaze bore down on the other.

His big, blue eyed, non-threatening gaze…

”You realize you could go to jail for a very, very long time if you get caught? And you are in a very public area with people poking all around. You are just asking for someone to see you and tell on you!” He pulled the chair beside Ji-Seok out and sat down in it, scooting closer and peering at the screen to see what, exactly, it was the was doing.

Basil sat back as he realized what this guy was doing and covered his mouth. ”Oh my god! Ok, so, how about we just….stop doing this and walk away non-conspicuously so no one ever finds out about this, okay? How the heck did you even get these files?! This is crazy!” He scooted back away from the computer and stood. "Alright..." Basil went over and logged off of the computer he was on, collecred his notebooks and books he had borrowed from the library and tucked them into his backpack. The bag was slid over both shoulders, then he was back by the other's side. "Well, if that's done now, we should leave. Pronto. Come on, come on." He was not fond of getting in trouble for knowing about this, so the sooner they were out of there, the better.

JI-SEOK KIM
pm
^
JI-SEOK KIM
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 05:59 AM
Hacker
Pansexual
Single
7 posts
50 points
JESS
JI-SEOK KIM
Offline / GREEN

i'm just a plain
old criminal.

"Go away. Please go away. I know I'm busted just pretend you don't see me." His brain kept going off, all the while Ji-seok maintained a stoic look, pretending not to care so much that this random violet with the name of a herb didn't just call him out on his very illegal activities. Very, very illegal activities. In his mind, he was already preparing what identity he would take on once he wiped all of his information from the web.

But when he looked up from his computer, finally meeting the violet's non-threatening gaze, he visibly relaxed. He wasn't going to get arrested. Yet, anyways. He nearly cackled when Basil began saying all that stuff about going to jail for a "long time." He knew that. After all, if anyone found out about all those crimes he'd committed, he was as good as in jail for life unless someone with his level of skills got him out the same way he was getting that sleazeball silver out of trouble.

And he knew he was in a public space. But from what it looked like, it was only him and Basil in the library at the moment. "I do this more often than you think. Not only are you the only one in this library with me right now, but you're also the only one that's actually decided to not mind their own business and poke their nose in mine." Ji-seok stated, before continuing to type away on the computer, right in front of Basil. Really, at this point he realized the boy was the least threatening thing on the planet.

When Basil finally realized what Ji-seok was actually doing, this time Ji-seok actually cackled at the fact that the violet was panicking so much. True, he himself a few minutes ago panicked with the idea of being arrested. But it's not like he would sell Basil out for just asking questions if he got caught. Nah, he couldn't do it to the violet. He seemed sweet enough anyways. "Hey, Little Violet. Relax. I know what I'm doing. Besides, you freaking out like that really isn't helping us look any less suspicious." Maybe he'd take him out for some food or something to help calm him down. After all, Ji-seok would be able to afford it with the fat stack of cash he was going to get from the sleazeball of a silver he was helping. Though it was probably best he didn't tell Basil that. "It'll be fine." He reassured. It probably wouldn't help though.

BASIL CROSS

BY MITZI
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 06:48 AM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
21 posts
125 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

This guy was absolutely insane! He totally ignores Basil and went right back to what he was doing, which left the ginger standing there in absolutely shock. Ji-Seok was just typing away, continuing to erase someone's criminal files. His heart was racing in his chest as his mind tried to piece together enough to form a coherent sentence. Basil stood there in complete silence, likely looking a bit lost and concerned. ”No, I still think the answer is to leave.” Again, his eyebrows raised and he found himself staring at Ji-seok. Blue eyes scanned the area for any newcomers. Well, this was not an ideal situation.

”You are way too calm for this. I really think it's time to go.” He muttered. Basil sat in the chair beside Jo-seok again and chewed at his lip. ”Either other is pure luck that I’ve been the only one to notice what you're doing, or other people have no idea what it is that you’re doing. Either way, I strongly encourage you to finish this and leave.” He stared down at his hands as he picked at his fingers and sighed softly.
Basil was never, ever the one to do anything that would get him in trouble. He always kept within the lines and encouraged those close to him to do the same. And, also, complete strangers to do the same.

This stranger didn't seem to get the hint, though, as he was still clacking away on the library computer. Another sigh escaped him. This was taking too long. ”So…..you… Done yet?” He looked around again before he looked back to Ji-seok. ”The longer you’re here, the more likely you are to get caught..” Basil didn't want to watch what Ji-seok was doing anymore, but he couldn't keep his gaze away from the screen.

”So, how the heck did you even get into this kind of stuff? Not..the illegal stuff. I don't think i want to know that. I still think we should leave, and I'm not leaving until you do cuz I don't want to see your name anywhere for you getting arrested.” Part of him really wanted to push that handy little button on the computer to shut it down, but the other part of him told him that wasn't a very good idea. Ji-seok didn't seem to just be playing around and you never wanted to mess with someone else’s work.

JI-SEOK KIM
pm
^
JI-SEOK KIM
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 06:22 AM
Hacker
Pansexual
Single
7 posts
50 points
JESS
JI-SEOK KIM
Offline / GREEN

i'm just a plain
old criminal.

Basil definitely thought Ji-seok was insane. This, Ji-seok had no doubt over. In fact, even Ji-seok though he was insane. Being a criminal, right in front of a non-criminal, definitely wasn't his best idea. But then again, when did Ji-seok ever have good ideas? His concept of "good ideas" were letting petty criminals go for large sums of money, and his concept of "fun" was hacking a police database and leaving little notes to fuck with them. So yeah, Ji-seok was not the brightest.

Obviously, this made the Little Violet panic, and Ji-seok was getting a sick twist of enjoyment from it. No, he wasn't being malicious, but Basil was probably causing more problems for Ji-seok. The exact problems that Basil didn't want him getting into. "I'm calm because I know what I'm doing. I'm not going to get caught." Ji-seok said, not even looking up from the computer screen. He was trying to focus, but that was kind of hard to do when you had someone panicking right next to you. "Actually, not everyone is quite as nosy as you are. I doubt anyone but you is going to pay attention to what a stranger is doing on a library computer." he stated, raising an eyebrow at the violet. He didn't mean anything cruel by his words, and knew well that a lot of people in this society couldn't stay out of other people's business. But now, it was rather a matter of his own entertainment.

"Yes, Basil. I'm almost done. Just gotta cover my tracks now." He stated. He'd done what he had to. Cleared his record, and essentially set up a whole new life. But it wouldn't mean anything if Ji-seok left evidence behind. So he cleared everything that he had too. Wiping clear any traces that Charles Scott ever even existed, leaving behind only Ben Dover in his place. (What fun was hacking if Ji-seok couldn't be a little childish with it?) He definitely wouldn't get any paycut either. As soon as the text went through that the deed had been done, the newly named Ben Dover would be obligated to send him a large sum of money before he even realized the name of his new identity was a childish joke that he would have to suffer with for the rest of his life. Ji-seok considered this a small punishment for the crimes he committed in his past.

As soon as Ji-seok was positive his tracks were covered, he shut down the library computer, before pulling out his burner phone and sending the text through to Charles Scott, no, Ben Dover, and waited for the man to send the money into his account. When his phone buzzed, and his client confirmed that his payment had been sent over, Ji-seok checked to be sure, before sending a "Enjoy your life, Ben Dover!" text to him, only to receive a, "....what?" in reply.

Ji-seok laughed at his, obviously amused at his own childish humor, before shutting the burner phone off, and preparing to throw it in the trash on the way out. "Alright Little Violet. We can go now. Come on. I'll go buy you some food or something. I did just receive a pretty hefty amount of cash." He grinned, looking happily at the amount of money that had been sent into his bank account. Basil was probably shaken up by Ji-seok's criminal ways, and to be fair, he wasn't ratting Ji-seok out for being a criminal. But it definitely didn't hurt to bribe the boy with food. Food was the way to Ji-seok's heart, and considering the boy was named after a herb used on food, it was probably the best way to bribe him into not saying anything.

Basically, this was one of Ji-seok's "good plans" that would probably turn out to be not such a "good plan" after all. Oh well, at least Basil was amusing company. BASIL CROSS

BY MITZI
pm
^
BASIL CROSS
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 03:53 AM
Author
homosexual
SINGLE UGH
21 posts
125 points
Selfless
Cupcakes
BASIL CROSS
Offline / VIOLET

Basil was now witness to illegal activity and he would be arrested if anyone found out! He stared at Ji-Seok in complete bewilderment that he acted so casually about this whole thing. ”No, I wasn't being nosy. It was hard not to notice what you were doing, though, when it's clearly suspicious. I can't believe you would do this in such an open place!” He scolded quietly. Ji-Seok said he was almost done and it still seemed like he took ten thousand years. He watched the screen as he finished up and had to roll his eyes at the name of the man. There was no way in hell that was his real name.

When everything was off of the computer, Ji-Seok waa texting. Did he not understand the urgency? The government was probably sending and Obsidian after his ass right second, and he was just a sitting duck as he waited for it! Basil tapped his finger on his leg and sighed softly. Clearly, this guy didn't have very good influences in his life. No one in their right mind would be okay with all of this happening right under their nose!

Basil stood as Ji-Seok finally did. ”Food? Did you work up quite the appetite breaking the law? He followed the other out of the building, giving a quick glance back to the librarians who really didn't seem to be paying any mind to them. ”Do you… do that often?”
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX