RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
new poll

» The C Word
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 12:19 AM
Racer
Homosexual
single
42 posts
475 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

It was a good race. All in all as thrilling as one could be. Today’s winner was Tsintah Deschene, pulling ahead after a bit of an accident. Racer Eight, Deschene, boosted along the inner turn going into the last lap. Racer Five, having kept the position for a majority of the race by cutting everybody off, served to avoid collision, only to spin off the track. They had ended up getting third to last, so he was in a bit of a frustrated mood.

That may have been why, after Eight accepted her trophy and re-entered the garage, the sulky loser came in ranting at Tsintah. Saying that she didn’t deserve that win. Saying that it was a dirty trick. Saying that she should be disqualified. Annnnnd then using that ‘C Word’. One that is guaranteed to just cause violence in almost any racer. ‘Cheat’

Now, among Racers, that’s already a word that’s asking for a fight. And the fact that as he was yelling at her, doesn’t help. She was already yelling right back at him saying he should learn how to drive and better avoid accidents better. But at the ‘C word’, oooh. Still yelling at the idiot, she set aside the trophy, grabbed her helmet, and made her way toward the offender. Tsin had full intention to show her displeasure in very colorful ways. Specific colors include black, blue and possibly red. It was just a matter of where and how hard Eight can swing her helmet IF she reaches the man.

It is for reasons like this that Grey’s are brought into there races. Blue’s are proud enough as it is, so them in competition has high potential of them being rather aggressive if left unchecked. Case and point… this whole situation.

RUBY BLACKWOOD
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 07:30 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

crime
Tipping toeing down your spine when everyone's around Kiss me hard forget them judging eyes Who cares about what is to come, no, I don't fear the night Let's show 'em what it is to be alive. Get a little too close, can I stop your heart for a moment? If I don't even care, is that really such a crime?
If people thought that gladiator fights, guarding Reds or being a Gold's bodyguard were the most dangerous occupations (besides being an Obsidian altogether, of course..), then they had no idea what Grays sometimes had to go through. From guarding spaceships to catching criminals, it was all tame when put next to being in charge of keeping higher Colors safe. The higher they were on the society's hierarchy ladder, the bigger their ego seemed to grow, and that...didn't help. At all.

Today was the prime example for how much trouble a Blue's ego could cause (as if Ruby hadn't previously experienced that), after a ship race that seemed to have gone well, in the Gray's opinion. She didn't know much about races, didn't really care enough for fair play as it wasn't her area of expertise, and her job just required her to keep the peace today. If only the Blues themselves wouldn't interfere with her damn job...

It all went well, really, the congratulations passed, the winner had been awarded, now Ruby just had to keep patrol around the garages in case anyone got butthurt - which seemed like a much more logical reason to need to guard around than she liked to admit. People could get awful when meeting failure.

If Blackwood hadn't been around at that specific moment, she feared that justice might have been delivered by unauthorized people, in unauthorized ways.

The winning Blue and the second-in-place one were going at each other's throats, and it only took a press of a button on her wrist device to call another Gray at the garage, while running towards the Blue woman. "Hey!" It wouldn't be surprising if her call for attention went unnoticed, or got buried under the Blue yells.

She saw the helmet in the air, raised and ready to be delivered towards the other Blue, and she rushed behind the woman to grab her hand with the helmet and keep her arm back from still swinging it at the offender. "Calm down you two!" What the hell even started this??

The other Blue kept throwing petty insults and pointing his finger aggressively towards the winner, seemingly accusing her of having cheated, having no actual racing skills and other remarks about her family which Ruby decided to block out for the sake of staying focused on calming down Miss Deschene. If another Blue was being an idiot, she didn't have to lose her win and score violence accusations instead.

Another Gray quickly rushed to try and pull the offender back, but the man started fighting back the immobilization and continued his arguing. It didn't look like it would end well, and just to be sure that no one actually swung a punch, Ruby wrapped an arm across the woman's chest to hold her back, other arm still fighting with the helmet. "Miss Deschene, calm the fuck down."

Like trying to break a fight between two toddlers.

TSINTAH DESCHENE (let me know if anything needs editing!)

muse music
outfit / misc

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC
STATUS Come talk to me about whatever you have on your mind and I will do my best to offer help!

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 07:27 PM
Racer
Homosexual
single
42 posts
475 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

The hand pulling it back the helmet arm would win. But it didn’t stop her forward momentum toward the other man cause there were so many other things to smack the dumbass with. Like a fist. A good fist was a weapon that was always at hand, so to speak.

But being grabbed about the chest does halt her momentum, though she’s still pushing forward a bit. And the comment ‘Miss Deschene, calm the fuck down.’ succeeded in shutting her up. Mind you, Eight did shoot a brief glare to Ruby, but the look softened a bit realizing this was one of the Grey guards. Tsintah did have enough sense to not fight THIS woman… at least more than her loser friend.

But she should say goodbye to the asshat. Tsintah shouted a few more choice phrases about the loser getting his licenses revoked for blindness before finally subsiding to just a middle finger as she looked over to Ruby.

“I wasn’t gonna kill him. I promise.” She muttered to the Grey. “Just knock a little sense into him. Maybe multiple times.”

Best to be cooperative to her Grey. Makes her look better… more mature… she’d look even more mature if she didn’t keep the middle finger up at the man, moving it from side to side at any new comment he said.

RUBY BLACKWOOD
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 07:24 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Blues were officially the most stubborn Color Ruby had interacted with, so far. Their pride was just so big, and easily hurt at that, that no Blue wasnt hot-headed from the woman's experience. You'd think that for the amount of time they spend up in the air, air which represents calmness, they'd be more down to earth, or airheaded, not aggressive. All puns intended.

Her intervention was not in vain, it was even well timed, and it stopped the woman from hauling her helmet at the other Blue. Crisis avoided, but for how long? Hopefully permanently.

Except, the two stubborn Blues thought necessary to keep throwing insults at each other, even while held apart by Grays. Then, at least the woman had finally calmed down some more, yet she compensated in the lack of further insults by keeping up a middle finger at the other. Ruby sighed in exasperation at the Blue's explanation, and whenever the helmet would be dropped on the ground or when it wouldnt still be a weapon option, Ruby would reach to try to lower the girl's middle finger-showing hand to her side as well. "Stop that. What's the issue here?" She asked, then let go of the woman altogether just as the other Gray had the offender move towards the exit of the garage, even though he was still pretty much trying to reason with his Gray that he wasnt done talking to the winner.

TSINTAH DESCHENE

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC
STATUS Come talk to me about whatever you have on your mind and I will do my best to offer help!

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 05:22 AM
Racer
Homosexual
single
42 posts
475 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

Permanent cures to sore losers is impossible. Same with sore winners. Its been going of forever since prehistoric times.

Tsintah allowed her middle finger to be lowered without resistance. She did looked down to the helmet, half considering dropping it and raising that finger just to compensate for the lowered one, but thought better of it.

“Well…” Tsintah looked to the side. “I think asshat over there just didn’t like that he was slower than me. And is coughing up wind to feel better…” She shook her head. “He really should watch his temper before he says something he might one day regret.” Like he almost did.

Eight looked over and side looked at Ruby and back at the man before sinally turning her back on him. And giving all attention to the woman in front of her...… she was hot. “Then again, I think he might just be more jealous of me now though. I got a much nicer referee than him, after all” She nodded, propping the helmet underneath her arm. Trying to look cool

RUBY BLACKWOOD
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 11:22 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

kaleido scope

→ There will be trouble when the kids come out There will be lots for them to talk about ←

So, as far as the Blue's explanations went, the whole fight was started by the so called "loser", probably out of jealousy, or feeling like he had been done an injustice. Not so uncommon, and not only in sports. To think this could have ended violently...

"I'm glad you two didnt get in an altercation then, you both would have regretted it. Especially since it's not how a winner should behave." Ruby gave a small lecture, more out of her duty as a Gray.

But wait. Did the Blue just...flirt with her, or was she just being nice? Possibly the latter? You can never know who's a color caste purist here, Ruby didnt want to risk and assume offending her. Nice probably just meant that she wasnt doing the same as the other Gray, aka hauling the Blue up to take him away.

"I dont think he's enjoying the attention she's getting either." An amused scoff followed, and Ruby gave a smile. "I'm Ruby. Do you need anything else? I'm your assigned Gray, for until you get home safely." She offered a handshake. Admittedly she was surprised how serious a racer's managing team could be about their safety.

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 06:55 PM
Racer
Homosexual
single
42 posts
475 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

It was a nice sight seeing the loser get dragged away. Not as nice as the smilllle. She took the hand and gave it a good firm shake. “Ruby the Grey.” The name alone was an amusing play against the laws of colors. One Tsin can’t help but smile at. “I love it.”

“So then, the beautiful Ruby is only with me 'til I get home? Well, I might have to drag out the time until that moment.” She giggled. “Do you want to go out? Maybe get a drink and enjoy the victories of the day? Have a bit more fun on the town?” And, if she was fun, maybe convince the blonde to spend the night.

RUBY BLACKWOOD
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 06:23 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

kaleido scope

→ There will be trouble when the kids come out There will be lots for them to talk about ←

Before the woman pointed it out, Ruby hadn't realized the irony in her name. She was a Gray, with Violet tendencies, named Ruby. Which stood for red. Wasn't she a kaleidoscope now? It hadn't previously occurred to her, but she did not dislike the thought. So long as no one else found out about the complexity of what it implied.

She didn't think the Blue would feel particularly happy about having been assigned a Gray to babysit her, more or less, so Ruby was quite surprised by the eagerness the woman displayed when it came to spending time in her company. She didn't consider herself all that fun, or interesting, as a Gray, but as long as the Blue got home safely at the end of the day... Supposedly it was part of her job now.

At least, by now, Blackwood was certain that she was, in fact, being flirted with. It was...flattering, actually, she did feel a little awkward because, well. She didn't get flirted with usually. She shifted her weight from a leg to the other, trying to come up with an answer to satisfy the Blue as well as keep it clear that she was still on the job. "Well, if that's where the job takes me to, sure." She offered a small nod. "Leaving you all on your own would be against the orders, right? Lead the way." It was like the Blue completely forgot she was about to butt heads with another dude a moment, ago. Pretty funny.

> TSINTAH DESCHENE

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 07:08 PM
Racer
Homosexual
single
42 posts
475 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

Fight? What fight? She wasn't about to have a fight was she? Noooo, she came out fine so she can put that whole nasty business behind her and enjoy the much pleasurable company of her golden haired grey named Ruby. Take her to a club to make others green with envy and hopefully later to somewhere private for some pinkness. Tsin was gonna hit all the colors of the rainbow if she could.

"Oh, so you have to stick with me the entire time? How lucky I am." She put an arm around the grey as she headed out, not caring what other people say.

When they were safe in the private garages, Tsin would go for a few questions. "Who be driving. And where do YOU wanna hang out? Any bar preference? Store? Arcade? No use being on a job you can't have some fun at. " It dawned on her that Ruby might not be the extrovert. "Or if you prefer to sit down and chill, can swing by yours or my place. Movies and home cooked meals are not a bad thing.

RUBY BLACKWOOD
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 09:37 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

kaleido scope

Ruby wasn't against the whole flirty part, it was sweet, even a little funny to see how outgoing the woman was. She was a winner, probably a celebrity among other racers (probably, because Ruby didn't particularly know much about that scene), so it wasnt too surprising that she was very confident and an obvious extrovert. However, what Ruby didnt fully appreciate was the unnecessary contact after having just met someone, especially as this was mixed with flirting, and it was as if she was being dragged to accompany the Blue on her drinking shenanigans. She was her guard today, not her pet. Maybe she was making too big of a deal out of just a shoulder wrap, though?

Although, it sounded a lot like Miss Deschene was planning something more of a date rather than a night out to celebrate her win, especially when she mentioned heading home, at least. But knowing herself, Ruby would just rather let this unfold and deal with things as they came up rather than kill someone's mood. "I dont go out all that much, sorry. It would appear that it's all in your hands, I dont have that much knowledge regarding the hottest spots in Novas." She gave an amused huff and tilted her head at the Blue, a hand going up the woman's back to give her an apologetic pat, before being lowered again. Going home with a stranger, and someone she had a job with, was out of discussion even, she didnt feel the need to even comment on that.

"Is there anyone you need to let know of your whereabouts or whatever?" Like parents, manager, she supposed she wasnt all alone here.

> TSINTAH DESCHENE

pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 10:17 PM
Racer
Homosexual
single
42 posts
475 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

Tsin was really trying to be friendly. She was just a tad pushy on the thing. "Awwww, well alright. oh shit and your right!" She got out her communication device to send a text to her manager with a bit of a hurried expression on her face. "He'll be fine with it since it's after the race, but he would have been upset if I wandered off without telling him."

She'd have the nice lengthy message sent off by the time they reach her car. And yes, Tsin has a hover car. A couple of years old, but still a nice sporty model. Mostly paid for with victory money as she had a lengthy winning streak a while in the past. She went into the driving seat, unlocking the door for Ruby. "You have radio control." She said it as if calling dibs.

"Annnnd how about we go to an Ice Bar?" She was taking a guess for Ruby. Imagining her to prefer the classier calmer ones. And the one she had in mind was calm-ish... it got clubby in the later hours, but it was nice this time of night. "There's one down town. Below Zero. it won't get crowded before too long and it's a good place to chill out." She should be shot for that pun. But the way she asked it was like she and Ruby were already best friends.

RUBY BLACKWOOD
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 01:45 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

With the manager or father or legal guardian reassured of the Blue's departure, the two could finally get going. Ruby gave a nod of acknowledgement, then joined the younger woman in the hovercar. Hopefully the ride wont be another race, Ruby had no idea how racers drove in their spare time.

"Sounds good, though I admit I haven't heard of it before." That most likely said enough about her social life. "So do you usually get angry opponents coming to fight you after races, or do you usually just get it over with and haul a helmet at them before it can escalate?" She WAS trying to socialize, but had no idea what to ask.

TSINTAH DESCHENE

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 02:51 AM
Racer
Homosexual
single
42 posts
475 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

This blue was at least intelligent enough to not destroy her chances with sponsors by breaking any driving rules. Sure, she accelerates a bit quickly and turns might be a bit sharper than they should, but those are out of habit instead of a desire to go at speed.

“Oh then you’re in for a treat. You’ll even get a free coat there due to the temperature, unless you want to snuggle up for warmth.” She snickered before tacking on a “That’s just me teasing.” She covered her base at least with that. Not 100% sure how accepting the Grey is.

Her next smile was a bit sheepish. “Nooo, that was a special case. Most I would have done was knock him out. Some racers get a be heated after a loss and sometimes blow off steam at the winner. Just a bit sore at a loss, nothing too bad.” She thought of the racer that she did almost hit. “He’s not gonna get into too much trouble is he? Mr. Hot Temper back there?”

RUBY BLACKWOOD
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 07:34 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

If the Blue wouldnt have specified that she was kidding, then chances were that Ruby would have believed her on the temperature topic. She wouldnt have where to know the truth from in the first place, not like she had ever visited the bar in cause before. ''Really? Such a shame.'' She huffed amused, with half a smile.

''Most'' she would have done was to knock him out... Ruby was glad to have stepped in when she did, could you imagine the unnecessary trouble otherwise? ''I mean...he'll probably get fined, but it depends if your manager pitches in and demands more strict punishments.'' She doubted that a manager would be too rash honestly. ''But probably just fined.'' He wasnt the one who threatened the other with a helmet after all.

''Then, do you usually go celebrate your victories with your temporary bodyguards as well?'' It was her turn to tease, of course.

TSINTAH DESCHENE

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
TSINTAH DESCHENE
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 01:36 AM
Racer
Homosexual
single
42 posts
475 points
Flirty
Kago
TSINTAH DESCHENE
Offline / BLUE

"I mean... we could cuddle, I am not opposed it it." She wiggled her eyebrows at Ruby. And she really was not opposed to the idea. Would wouldn't want there arms around this grey, really? People must line up to get arrested by her.

The pilot just nodded to the 'just fined'. Her boss was not that strict. They shared some mentality.

And then the question on the guard. "Oh noooo. Just the hot ones." She winked. "And I have to say, you're the hottest one I've met so far. Can I just.... like... call you to be my bodyguard from now on? I'll take you out after each session win or lose? And we can cuddle wherever you want, cold or not."

RUBY BLACKWOOD
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 02:12 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

The Blue was such a flirt, by now it was rather obvious that this was just her nature, her personality and not some reaction strictly meant towards the Grey, Ruby doubted she was such a big deal. Otherwise, maybe she'd get hit on by people more often? Not that she was complaining, it gave her the benefit of not having to disappoint people. "You are such a flirt, you know that? I bet everyone just falls at your feet for your charm." But she was probably too professional to do that, sober at least. She scoffed amused, and shook her head a little, with a smile.

"I dont know if I can actually get assigned as a bodyguard again, it's not too much of a Grey job, they were just short on personnel this time." She was a work and hobby-focused, uptight 28 yo virgin, she was kind of... awkward when made advances towards. "I actually work on a spaceship, I think our captain miiight be around your age...? How old are you again?" She sounded young, like flirty-young if that made any sense, and Ruby wanted to double check if her assumption was right, and if it was, then the Blue should be somewhere under 25.

TSINTAH DESCHENE

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling