RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

new poll

» birds of a feather, a gold heist
NADIA ZENIK
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 04:06 PM
magician & artist
Bisexual
Divorced
20 posts
130 points
illusory
Vera
NADIA ZENIK
Offline / VIOLET

I got a list of demands

written on the palm of my hands
"Nadia! Bring a gold outfit for you and me both, a crowbar, those little amp bombs and a glass cutter. We'll steal a goose"

The screen lit up as the Violet was in her cabin, applying her stage make-up. The datapad was not her usual one, but another, smaller and subtler, like a pager, with a safe connection to the rest of her band of misfits, easy to ditch in an emergency. The sender read as ‘Make-up’, an usual code-name in her contact list, just in case there was no way to ditch the pager or it was traced back to her. When you were running with the wolves, you had to be prepared for every possible scenario.

The message itself made Nadia raise an eyebrow at the lack of other type of information, like a date or time when he needed them. It usually didn’t take her more than a day or two and she assumed this was the usual. Thankfully, two Gold outfits were easy to get her hands on. She could even buy them straight from the store – but who had enough money for that? And those things could easily be traced back.

She finished her make-up and then sent a text from the pager to the ‘Props guy’ about the gear Josh asked for, then went out on the stage, already putting a plan in motion on how to get her side of things.

The next evening, the two met in a safe-house in the upper Novas, close to the location of their target. But first, they had to change and touch base about their plan.

”At first, I thought it was only a metaphor, the Golden Goose” Nadia said as she entered, setting a bag on the floor, then pressing a button on her data pad that showed a small hologram news reel of the exhibition they were about to infiltrate.

”But holy shit, they weren’t kidding. Is it actually real?” she wondered, since nobody actually saw it in flesh and blood yet, at least not the press or anyone lower class. Sometimes, in their day and age, the human mind could come up with such beautiful things and innovations, and other times, it was easy to forget that there should be a limit.

There were no questions about why Josh wanted this specific goose – besides the obvious of course. She did wonder if they were going to use it or sell it, but that part was going to interest her after they actually get their hands on the thing. First, they had to look the part.

She turned the bag upside down on a table and grinned at him. ”Time to get naked, the show is starting soon.” Her voice was softly raspy and her usual tilting accent. She fished out his clothes and ushered him into another room to get changed, while she did the same.

Her dress was quite simple, but the money went into the materials. The fabric was reversible to touch and the endings were finished with optical fiber that lit up to match the lights in the room. She had her hair and make-up done before she got there. She had bold colours on her eyelashes and highlights in her hair and even put on some gold-tinted contacts.

When more minutes passed after she finished getting dressed and saw that Josh had not come out yet, she finally knocked on the door. ”Are you alright in there? It’s the pants, isn’t it? I hope you didn’t rip them, they’re couture. she meant to be threatening, but she couldn’t help from snickering. The pair should be considered leggings, not pants, that’s how tight they were. The shirt she gave him was see-through, made from a some kind of metal that wasn’t cold on the skin and changed hues to the touch and temperature. What could she say, the Golds liked to parade around looking kinky and as extravagant as possible.

girlwhowaited @ (shine)(cttw)
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 06:32 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
34 posts
245 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

Two birds one golden egg
A golden goose, it was not something you heard about everyday. In fact, as far as everyone knew there was only one specimen in existence, belonged to a collector of exotic animals. A golden goose rumored to lay gold eggs. It was the sort of over the top extravagant thing a capricious gold or silver would commission. Very superfluous and very valuable. Josh wanted it, not because he was a greedy bastard who hoarded riches he stole, but it was because he totally wanted the valuable animal and because he just couldn’t stand the guy who who flaunted his superiority by hoarding unhappy animals.

It was the kind of job he couldn’t do by himself, too complex, too many variables. It was also not the kind of job he could take his main crew in, he didn’t collect those guys for their discretion. Mark in particular would be a disaster. What he needed was someone sneaky, someone who could slip through the cracks while carrying a beacon, someone clever. Someone like Nadia. Josh had more or less brought her in for the fact that she could just whip out a costume or outfit out of thin air and be ready to go in just a couple of days.

So a couple of days before he wanted to do the heist he sent a message to Nadia, asked her for an appropriate outfit and a few of the missing items while he prepared the rest of the plan. The goose would be exposed for only a few days, a very VIP sort of event, they had to look the part to get in, though when Josh sent the message, he had meant literally gold, when he realized the double meaning his words had, it was too late and Nadia was already there dumping the contents of her bag in front of him.

“'Course it’s real, it it wasn’t when the rumors started, as soon as people started hearing about it on the extranet the golds scrambled to make it real. I feel bad for the goose” he said going through the clothes Nadia brough. It was…. Not what Josh had imagined and he shot a doubtful look at the woman but before he could protest he was already being shoved into the changing room.

The outfit was…. Something. Fishnets and shimmery, when he stroked the fabric it made some sort of magic. It was…. A lot how Josh imagined owned pinks dressed. He put it on and looked himself in the mirror, feeling more ridiculous than usual. “They are most certainly not couture!” He squeaked from inside before he opened the door with a dramatic flair “I said gold outfit, meaning, a golden outfit. This is what a personal pink of a horny gold would wear!”

notes: n/a
spenny
pm
^
NADIA ZENIK
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 06:07 PM
magician & artist
Bisexual
Divorced
20 posts
130 points
illusory
Vera
NADIA ZENIK
Offline / VIOLET

I got a list of demands

From the beginning it was clear it was going to be a covert, subtle mission since the rest of the crew was sitting back on this one. Nadia was excited and grateful to be of use. She thought it made sense she’d been picked for this, since she fared well in high society. She knew how to schmooze rich people and how extravagant they talked and acted. She despised this kind of scene, but she could navigate it with ease.

Hearing that the rumours started before the goose’s actual existence was quite impressive. Of course, the rich people’s stubbornness and vanity would always push them to extremes, it was not something surprising, but sometimes they crossed lines that should never be crossed. Lately, society seemed to stretch science to new limits. A Goose that was gold was easy to accept, but Nadia was still doubtful about the eggs. How could a being live like that? Was it even healthy for it? She agreed with Josh: she felt pity for the poor creature. It had been born doomed.

She grinned at Josh’s complaints and leaned her hips on a table’s edges. ”Should’ve specified. My dress lights up gold, though. We can exchange outfits” she joked and teased. ”Wearing your caste's literal colour from top to bottom is such cliche, but I have some gold spray paint if you’re so pretentious, though it’s normally for hair.” She’d brought it just in case Josh could be corrupted to a make-over. ”And I think first you should look at the piece of the resistance” her smirk widened as she walked back towards her back and got out another item. It was a Gold cape, made of something that seemed like feathers, very light and smooth to touch. She almost left it behind, thinking it was too conspicuous how it shined. It was definitely hard to sneak around in something like that, but she thought that might come in handy at some point, good to hide things in it, since the rest of their outfits were quite tight. Josh could decide if he will take it or not. At most, they could ditch it somewhere on their way.

”How long has it been since you saw a Pink? I think this is quite conservative for them” she had begun with a teasing tone, but ended up shrugging and thinking about when was the last one she saw one. They were definitely more than half-naked that time. But she supposed it depended on the circle they worked in, how high class their masters were. The social context was important as well. At this event, she was sure they would all be expensive and eccentric, hard enough to tell them apart only after clothes. ”I’m sure we’ll fit in fine.

Besides, you know, just the clothes don’t make the man. Show me your most aristocratic, conceited face” she instructed, wanting to make sure they both not only looked the part, but acted it as well.

To: TAGS JOSH SHELLEY || Notes: :>
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 06:47 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
34 posts
245 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

Two birds one golden egg
If this was conservative for a pink, Josh wasn’t sure he wanted to see what was the norm. Yeah, pinks were pretty and all, but to be subjected to this kind of treatment? Yeah no, now he felt bad for them. Josh kept trying to pull on the outfit, trying to make it drape better over him, cover more skin, not cling so much to his butt, but the cloth was as stubborn as it was stupid looking.

But if he was being truthful, Josh didn’t remember the last time he spoke to a pink, then again, grays needed to do a lot of saving to buy a few hours with one as a general rule. “That’s not here nor there. The point is that i’ve never seen a gold dressed like this. Are you sure this is inconspicuous??” He already felt like he was sticking out like a particularly poorly dressed sore thumb.

He made a noise that was a mix of resigned sigh and disgusted grunt “who’s the boss here...” he muttered before he attempted his best aristocratic sneer, trying to imitate the conceited look he saw on high colors all the time.

spenny

pm
^
NADIA ZENIK
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 02:54 PM
magician & artist
Bisexual
Divorced
20 posts
130 points
illusory
Vera
NADIA ZENIK
Offline / VIOLET

I got a list of demands

Arching an eyebrow at him and watching his reactions, Nadia wondered how long has it actually been for Shelley. But she had more tact than to say something out loud.

So he had to get used to the outfit. Big deal, artists had to suffer for their art, right?

”Trust me, everyone’s going to be dressed like this. The more odd and naked, the better. Don’t be self-conscious about it, they aren’t. Remember to think as if you’re... I don’t know, a god. Don’t care about what anyone else thinks” she finished, crossing her arms over her chest, trying to take her own advice. Trying not to feel insulted... too much. She knew what she was doing and he had to trust her. He was going to wear what she got for him whether he liked it or not, or else he could just go naked.

But she couldn’t stay upset at him, it wasn’t a good reason to be in the first place. Nadia was merely annoyed, but still, she moved forward.

His Gold face was pretty much on point. ”Good. I like it. The trick is to look like you’re smelling something nasty at every turn” she teased, though she meant it.

She didn’t miss him muttering about being the boss, but it just made her chuckle. What could she say, a good disguise was more than just clothes. But it was time to give him back his power, since she had some questions only the leader could answer.

”So what’s the plan?” plain and simple. Waiting for the answer, she started checking all their necessary equipment and hiding it in various places under her clothes, getting ready to move. The Violet could see the big picture about how they were going to infiltrate the place, but details were important made the mission a success or a fail. ”Specifically, how do we get out?”

To: TAGS JOSH SHELLEY || Notes: outfit here :>
pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: May 4 2018, 02:40 PM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
34 posts
245 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

Two birds one golden egg
Was Josh really that out of touch with the high colors? He didn’t remember ever in his life to have seen any golds dressed anything like this. Maybe it was the circle of golds Nadia mingled with, maybe it wa the type that commissioned golden gooses. But damn if he didn’t feel like he was dressed like an idiot. He dropped the subject, however, at the end of the day he did trust Nadia’s judgement, as questionable of a choice that might be.

“Don’t care about anyone else thinks” He repeated with a sigh “I forbid you from taking pictures or making videos about this, you hear?” He warned, just in case. At least she approved of his nasty metal color face. It took a lot of practice, you know? Grays aren’t taught that kind of thing from birth.

He looked himself over in the mirror, trying to see if he made the outfit work, messing with his hair. Making poses, though that ended quickly as he felt stupid and decided to answer Nadia instead. “Plan is simple. The building has only two exits but it has more windows than it’s probably necessary. They have a covering of resistant glass that can probably withstand a blaster shot, but not to resist a simple glass cutter. We just need to buy enough time to cut an exit in the nearest window. There’s one the floor directly below where the goose will be displayed, that is my first choice, but in case of emergency, we will have to find another window. The closer to the main gate exit the better, or… well, i hope you like climbing over spiked gates.”

spenny

pm
^
NADIA ZENIK
 Posted: May 17 2018, 11:14 PM
magician & artist
Bisexual
Divorced
20 posts
130 points
illusory
Vera
NADIA ZENIK
Offline / VIOLET

I got a list of demands

She had to admit, being forbidden from taking any kind of evidence of this was kind of sad. But the great part about being an artist was that she could always reproduce it later. Of course, that wouldn't have the desired impact a picture would, as such, it would just be a piece of fiction, no matter how realistic she could make it.

It didn't really matter, though. Nadia just enjoyed this moment. To be honest, she liked being the only one to know this secret, to see Josh under such circumstances. So after pouting for a bit, she shrugged and grinned.

"Don't worry about that, I'll keep that image just for me, before I go to sleep at night" she teased and winked at him.

She rolled her eyes a bit at him fussing in the mirror, but didn't say anything. Yet. It was not a bad idea, in fact, so she got out a small mirror of her own and checked her makeup and teeth.

While Josh explained his plan, she turned on her datapad to show the building's blueprint, sent to them by their Green friend. It was incomplete in some places and some parts were just a guess in the dark, but it was better than nothing. Her eyes followed the blueprint in time with Josh's words, trying to memorise it, since she knew they could possibly not have any time to spare back there.

"Fear not, spiked gates have been my playground as a child, so everything sounds good" she smirked as she said with confidence, growing more excited about this by the minute. "Alright, let's do this!

Following his lead, they exited their safe-house through the door on the roof. The closeness of the safehouse was convenient now, but if their heist was succesfull, they will probably have to run farther. Or who knows, they'll just have to wait and see.

Out there on the roof, Nadia had another surprise waiting for Josh. She fished some keys – more like a remote - out of her cleavage and gestured towards a very luxurious hovercar. This one was indeed fully gold. "Guess what else was in the clothes' pockets. You can have the honors" she finished as she threw the keys at him while going to sit in the passenger’s seat. After all, it was important to be seen arriving there in style too, just to make it all convincing.

To: TAGS JOSH SHELLEY || Notes: outfit here :>

pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: May 25 2018, 02:22 AM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
34 posts
245 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

Two birds one golden egg
As a final touch, Josh did grab a large overcoat to put over him, yeah, he agreed to dress like that at the party, but he’d be damned if he was going to be seen outside in that atrocious outfit. He could feel his dignity dying at the very idea.

Soon Nadia and Josh were outside, the roof of the building to be more exact; There was a sculpture there, made of solid gold? Josh looked at Nadia in confusion, until he took out a hovercar control out of her voluptuous cleavage and the man realized it was not, in fact, a sculpture.

“Are you serious?” He said delighted, taking the control with reverence. “Nadia!!!!!! How did you get a car like this!!?? Is this real gold???” He approached the car to gently pas his hand along it, like the caress of a lover “oh my gods, i’ve never seen something so ridiculous, i love it! Can we keep it?”

spenny

pm
^
NADIA ZENIK
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 11:49 PM
magician & artist
Bisexual
Divorced
20 posts
130 points
illusory
Vera
NADIA ZENIK
Offline / VIOLET

I got a list of demands

She couldn’t help but keep a constant smirk at Josh’s rained expression about his outfit. She tried to keep it down as much as possible, but at the same time, the very thin slice of herself that got offended by this was still around. Besides, he was a big boy, he could deal with showing some abs a couple of hours. He was a con-man, wearing something totally uncharacteristic was the point of not getting recognized.

But he did deserve some fun – as did she, and that’s where the car came in. At least they could have this, for a short while. She tried to play it cool and just shrug it off, but his enthusiasm was infectious. You could rarely see stoic Josh so... enamored? With something else besides mayhem and sticking it to the government.

”It was conveniently in the pockets of the outfits” she said as if it was no big deal, though the big grin was saying otherwise. At his last question, though, she faltered.

Not really, she had been just about to suggest they ditch it fast, but... Looking at his face, it felt like taking Christmas away from a little kid. ”I don’t know, let’s see how this night goes first.” After all, they will need to escape, though a gold car was the opposite of being stealthy. She really didn’t have a solution for how they would get to keep it, maybe if they dropped it somewhere safe. But then, they’d arrive at the party and a valet would remote control it to some automatic parking space, safely locked by the latest technology... Maybe not all hope was lost yet. They just had to make sure it stayed locked, then return to get it... That would just mean another heist, her mind was already running away with options.

No, she had to focus on the mission they already had. As she was climbing in the passenger seat and waited for the seat to automatically adjust itself for her, she asked: ”Would you really fly around in this thing, though? In the absurd case you wouldn't get shot out of the sky immediately” she asked with amused disbelief. She wouldn’t have guessed it was his style – the colour, since she supposed the machine itself was everybody’s wet dream. Maybe he'd just paint it over?

pm
^
JOSH SHELLEY
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 01:32 AM
Gang Leader
Straight...?
Single Pringle
34 posts
245 points
Natural Leader
INA
JOSH SHELLEY
Offline / GRAY

Two birds one golden egg
The pockets of the outfit. He laughed “Who the hell did you rob on the way here to find this outfit with this car. You don’t exist, Nadia” He liked how she didn’t deny him the possibility of keeping the car too, he knew it would be risky to try run away in it if there was indeed a chase, the gold color wasn’t exactly subtle, but this gave him an even bigger of an incentive to successfully do this heist the sneaky way.

They must NOT fail.

Josh circled the car slowly, his hand stroking the hood like one would do with a prized possession. It was soooooo shiny, so gold, so ridiculous. When he got inside, the seat adjusted itself perfectly and in less than a minute. It was so smooth too. “Are you kidding me?” He shot Nadia a huge grin “Have you met me? I would absolutely fly around in this thing. Imagine us in the news, flying off into the sunset while a building burned to the ground, the orange sun reflecting on the gold paint, we all are wearing gold sunglasses. The grays are just clucking on the ground looking for us like chickens while we make the coolest exit in our lives. It’s amazing”

And so he turned the car on, it floated like a feather, you could barely feel it. The first spin around the block was just to test it out, not only the car looked ridiculous, but it was also actually a really good car, fancy, one of the latest model, he believed.

spenny
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX