RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

new poll

» A visit to Stafford, Olivier and Ofelia
OFELIA BRAGER
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 05:37 PM
Ground worker
Hetrosexual
Single, looking
27 posts
265 points
Curious, goodhearted
Fern
OFELIA BRAGER
Offline / RED

Can you remember who you were

before the world told you who you should be?

Shivering a little from the winter air outside Ofelia would draw her chrocheted, dark blue, wool shawl closer around her shoulders. She would then bend down by the fireplace hoping to get a fire started for the night. The small cabin she lived in was almost always cold and draughty, especially in the winter, she tried to keep it nice and warm by litting the fireplace before she's headed out to work, and it helped a lot. The fire was out when she returned after the long day, but it was warmer than it would have been, hadn't she lit the fire.

From an old refridgerator, probably almost half her age, she would find her dinner for the day. It was left overs from the day before, a stew consisting of a little meat, carrots, potatoes and a brown sauce made out of flour. It was one of the best things she knew to eat, and it was almost always better as a left over dinner. She sat down with the dinner by the table in her cabin. While she ate Ofelia would look outside every now and then, waiting.

Today was the day she would hopefully meet Olivier Kowalski in person. A week ago, Ofelia was able to go online on the simulation and play for almost 5 hours straight. Mr. Stafford and his wife had been out on some business thingy, while their son was at the school for the day. Ofelia had this deal with one of the maids, she would gather the maid some extra potatoes to give to her family, and the maid would let Ofelia know when it was safe to enter the mainhouse and give her access to the simulation.

for

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

&
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 04:36 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
116 posts
360 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Meeting the fam
Father was proud of him for this meeting, Olivier could see. He had started contact and set up this meeting all by himself, his family hadn’t had reason to make deals with this particular silver family before, and Olivier having the initiative showed that he was willing to branch out the Kowalski’s influence.

The truth though, was that all his was a scheme for him to see his friend. His red friend, that if anyone heard about would at the very least cause a few questions. But despite the issues it may bring, Olivier was so excited for this trip.

A week previously Ofelia and Olivier were able to play for about 5 hours, they raided, they teamed up and they kicked ass, and between all this Olivier devised a plan to meet her. It basically involved a silver business meeting and that hopefully he could slip away and meet with Ofelia at some point. It was absolutely brilliant!

But now he was there, listening to the woman give a tour all around her farm, bragging about how fertile the lands were, and how hard they worked to maintain all this. Privately Olivier thought about how hard Ofelia was always working and I was them who took all credit…. At least his family gave credit where it was due to the Violets who worked for them.

While they looked at the fields, his eyes scanned the lands, looking for a low color girl he had only seen in pictures before.

pm
^
OFELIA BRAGER
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 02:11 PM
Ground worker
Hetrosexual
Single, looking
27 posts
265 points
Curious, goodhearted
Fern
OFELIA BRAGER
Offline / RED

From Ofelia's window she could see the down the farmroad and a glance of courtyard. She usually saw when someone arrived and when someone left, it was usual her entertainment while she sat at the wooden table. She finished her dinner and rose from the chair to do simply wash up her bowl under the sink before she placed it back into the kitchen cabinets. Thereafter she would place another piece of wood into the fireplace, before she headed out.

As she had been at the table, she had noticed a vehicle parked in the parkinglot, probably meaning that Olivier had already been arrived while she had been out working. Once outside she would shawl closer around her shoulders, wool helped keeping her warm, yet it didn't help much against the weak yet cold wind. The dark haired girl headed towards the one of the two barns placed on the land. One was smaller, which was the one she headed to, it contained the animals such as a few cows, hens and goats, enough to get the workers the egg and milk they needed for food. The bigger barn was for the cows whos goal in life was to grow fat and become food for people in a region in Nova.

As she approached the barn her eyes would wander towards the fields, and there she noticed the Staffords, and a new figure she hadn't seen on the farm before, it had had to be Olivier. The nightly check on the animals could wait a few more moments, just for Ofelia to maybe get eyecontact with Olivier, or for him to make an excuse to meet her. She paused by the corner of the little barn, resting her shoulder on the wall, watching the Staffords, clearly talking about the rich field of potatoes.

for

OLIVIER KOWALSKI fern tag me pls - ina

&
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:09 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
116 posts
360 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Meeting the fam
Boring talk, boring potato farm, boring silvers, boring business talk. Olivier could feel his eyes glazing over as his mind could not keep up with the conversation about farm product price inflation, it was the dullest thing he had ever had to endure in his whole life. While his father talked to the Staffords, Olivier stared at the expansive field full of sprouts, a testament of the hard work from the reds and the management genius from the silvers. A team work that made the world turn and a testament how the color division worked.

But suddenly his thoughts vanished when his eyes fell into a lone figure who stared right back at them. A simple dressed girl with worn clothes that seemed a bit too thin for the weather. A pretty face despite the rough edge to it. A red. Was it his red friend though? Regardless, if someone would know about his friend would be another red, what he needed now was to sneak away.

“Miss Stafford, would you mind too much if went around and took some pictures? The farms are such a gorgeous field, I’d love to record these moments.” He had his most innocent face as he asked that, showing his fancy datapad. Oli’s father seemed a little annoyed by him not be paying attention, but their gracious host smiled and agreed to his terms.

He made a careful path towards the lone red, taking pictures on the way to keep up appearances (though they weren’t bad pictures, he’d keep them as memories as well.)

pm
^
OFELIA BRAGER
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 09:12 PM
Ground worker
Hetrosexual
Single, looking
27 posts
265 points
Curious, goodhearted
Fern
OFELIA BRAGER
Offline / RED

The winter had sat it marks on the field the group of people seemed to be talking about. Usual signs of the winter was that the earth was removed of potatoes and then turned by the simple machines the field workers was offered. Rows of earth, stretching as far as the land reached, with frozen water glimmering in the weak winter sun. It was a beautiful sight to see when you had the time to appreciate it.

It didn't take many moments before her friend, Olivier, noticed her by the barn. Ofelia saw him walking towards her from the group, wondering what he told them to let him go. She didn't want to get to much attention from the Stafford family, so once she was sure Olivier was heading towards her, she would take a few steps back, towards one of the trees near the bar. This way she would disappear from the family's sight, yet once her silver friend would turn the corner, she would be in his sight. The red couldn't help but to smile while she waited. They have played games for such a long time, and in her mind become such good friends, it was time to meet in person.

"Olivier Kowalski...I'm happy to finally see you, like in person!" She paused after saying his name with such a serious voice, as if the silver was an unwelcome sight. However Ofelia couldn't even fool herself, it only took a second before her pokerface faded and a smile widened on her lips happy to see the man. She took a step towards him and opened her arms giving him a quick welcoming hug. Not thinking about the difference in lifestyle, and that what she saw as clean (Not cowshit on her clothes or skin), was probably different from his eyes. Not that she wasn't unclean, you could just see on her skin that she had been working and her clothes and skin that it hadn't been washed with soap in a while.

for

OLIVIER KOWALSKI - I did on Discord atleast cx

&
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 08:39 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
116 posts
360 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Meeting the fam
He saw Ofelia disappear behind the barn, perhaps so her employers didn’t see her and didn’t get suspicious. He smiled to himself and followed her, shooting one last glance at the Staffords and his father who still chatted like longtime friends. His smiled fell slightly at the cold greeting that resembled more a polite barb from a silver than a hello from a friend, complete with his full name. He stood stiffly wondering he somehow managed to offend her before they even spoke to each other.

But his fear was unfounded as Ofelia’s serious expression turned into a smile and suddenly Olivier had an armful of farm girl, complete with dirt and the smell of work. Since he didn’t know it could’ve been worse, Olivier was simply appalled, horrified by the stains this could cause his clothes. He was starting to hate farms. He didn’t want to offend Ofelia for real though so he endured the dirtiest hug of his life.

His smiled was forced at least, as much as he liked ofelia there was some things his silver sensitiveness couldn’t take at face value. Did reds know about soap and water? “Erm…. I’m so glad to finally meet you Ofe.” That was genuine at least. “I have to say, you aren’t like I imagined” She was pretty in a rough, red way, and strong, exactly like someone who work in a farm should be but somehow Olivier hadn’t realized until he saw her here, in front of him. “I mean, not in a bad wway! Just…. People you meet online aren’t alwways how you imagine you knoww? You’re used to just a vvoice or text on screen… ” He fumbled with his words, stuttering like a child, gesturing wildy, still unsure how to behave. He always had an easier time talking through the internet.

pm
^
OFELIA BRAGER
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:26 PM
Ground worker
Hetrosexual
Single, looking
27 posts
265 points
Curious, goodhearted
Fern
OFELIA BRAGER
Offline / RED

Ofelia was so glad for finally meeting Olivier, and couldn't wait to getting to know him more. However there was something in his expression after their hug she couldn't set her mind on, even though he explained after his comment that it all wasn't in a bad way. "I sure know what you mean, but I hope I didn't scare you, or went to far with the hug" She said nervously and took a step back. She realized that he after all was a Silver, and probably had other thoughts about personal space and hygiene than herself as a simple Red with far less resources.

Ofelia nodded at his comment about the game and how things are different in real life. "Like, a few years back, to when I first saw a simulation machine for the first time, I never imagined getting friends from it, least not meet them in person." Ofelia could be quite naive while thinking, however it is hard to imagine a Red in a simulation game. She wasn't even allowed touching the screen, she wasn't even allowed inside the house unless invited. However, little could stop her curiosity, which often led to her doing things she shouldn't, like touching the simulation machine.

for

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

&
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 05:43 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
116 posts
360 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Meeting the fam
Weeeh, he hadn’t meant to appear ungrateful or well…. Disgusted by her presence. Despite him being.. Erm… a little grossed out, he was still happy to meet her for the first time. he just wished she showered before, he was a prissy silver, he was aware, sue him “You didn’t scared me” He chuckled at the very idea, she didn’t look scary, Oli has faced an obsidian before, he almost pissed himself, but he still did. “You just surprised me, is all. People don’t just hug each other in the upper class when they first meet, it’s all about being prim and proper and boring.” It wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t why he was taken back. Ofe didn’t need to know.

“It is such a shame more reds and browns and low colors don’t have access to games and sims in general, how amazing it would be.” He shook his head. Video games should be universally accessible to everyone in his opinion “I’m glad you broke that barrier :DDD And i’m glad your employers are nice enough to let you use their stuff.”

pm
^
OFELIA BRAGER
 Posted: May 20 2018, 11:10 PM
Ground worker
Hetrosexual
Single, looking
27 posts
265 points
Curious, goodhearted
Fern
OFELIA BRAGER
Offline / RED

Ofelia remembered when she was little, she grew up in the fields, learning the way of nature like most of the Reds working on farms. It is also expected for the children to quickly catch up with the work and start as young as possible. The time she had to play she spent with other children, playing with animals, in the forests or well, yeah everywhere they could run around. She hadn't even heard much about machines and tech before she moved to the Staffords. Now Ofelia loved the simulation games and sometimes she'd dream of being another color, having the possibility to own her own machine. However it was a dream that would only stay a dream.

She was glad that she had dared to enter the home of the Staffords, opening a secret account, managing to play every now and then. Since she had to be so careful, there was little she could do, like she couldn't buy any extras, nor could she do any improvements of the simulation without it being noticed, and lets not forget that she couldn't play more than a few times a month. Therefore it was also quite fun and amazing that she had managed to get together with such a group of friends, and now was meeting with one. A silver none the less.

"You don't hug?" Ofelia rose a suspicious brow and crossed her hands over her chest. "Very boring indeed" Her serious look quickly turned soft again with a little smile. "I'll take that in mind for the next time, I sometimes forget that you are such a high color compared to myself." She said, letting her hands fall down to her sides.

Ofelia couldn't help but to give a short laugh when she mentioned the Staffords letting her play, she met his eyes with an innocent look in her eyes and a smile that would let anyone know that it wasn't quite the truth. "Weeeeeell, between you and I, I'm not allowed to play." She said, raising a hand nervously to her hair, tucking a piece behind her ear. "I trust you, but if I get caught, I'll probably loose an arm or something like that. Aaaaand never ever touch tech or books again..." The red looked at the silver in front of her with curiousity and a slight touch of nervousness, how would he react?

for

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

&
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: May 26 2018, 01:50 AM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
116 posts
360 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Meeting the fam
He shook his head, Silvers didn’t hug people unless they were really close and away from prying eyes most of the time. They were in private somewhat, and technically they new each other for a few years now, but… he didn’t think they were at the stinky hug level just yet. Gods he felt awful, like one of those prissy golds who mistreat the lower colors for being low colors. “It’s okay. I don’t want you to think you gotta treat me like a lord or anything. I’m a silver, but before that i’m your friend. A very prissy friend, but a friend nonetheless” He offered her a smile and he was tempted to even hug her again, though… nooooo, the temptation wasn’t that strong.

He was surprised to hear she wasn’t actually allowed to play though, he made a horrified face, what kind of monsters wouldn’t let such a good, skilled person not play video games!? It should be illegal. “Whaaaaaat. That’s ridiculous!” He huffed. “I promise i won’t say anything. Everyone should be allowed to play what they like. Stupid silvers….” He grumbled. “So that’s why you can’t be on very often? That sucks! I thought you were just busy doing your red job, farming, thing” Smooth.

pm
^
OFELIA BRAGER
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 07:43 PM
Ground worker
Hetrosexual
Single, looking
27 posts
265 points
Curious, goodhearted
Fern
OFELIA BRAGER
Offline / RED

Ofelia realized that this was her first time, talking to a silver, or any high ranked without the conversation being something work related. Now it was just two friends, meeting in the real life for the first time. Somehow it felt strange, and illegal yet like they did something great as well. "Well I'll take that in mind, and maybe just keep it to a wave for the next time" Ofelia gave a short chuckle and lifted her hand to move a stray piece of hair from her face.

Ofelia nodded at Olivier's words, and shook her head to confirm that she couldn't use the simulations as she wanted. "The children of the house owns a simulation machine, and I only get to play when the whole family is away on business or travel, and when I'm on the housemaids and servants good side. I have to do them favors and such. Which yes, on top of having a lot of work is the cause of me not being able to play that often."

Ofelia paused and gazed over to the house for a moment before turning back at Olivier. "It makes me sad, as far as I know, many of us red doesn't know about this stuff, like at all. I only discovered this because my parents taught me how to read, and somehow I crossed path with a book about sims, and with the help of being curious I found out that the Staffords had a sim machine." She explained. "I also have to say, that many farmers are happy doing what we do, because we don't know what we miss, aaaand we know we'd ever be able to know how it is to fully experience all this new tech. I'm just lucky"

Ofelia realized that she probably had talked way to fast, and that Olivier didn't ask for all this information, the red gave a sigh and moved her hands up to her hair once again, tightening her ponytail somewhat. "I'm curious, yes as a red I farm and mostly I take care of the animals, but... can I ask how your days look like? Like what do you do?" The curious Red knew that it was probably a lot of work being a Silver as well, but she hoped that Olivier wanted to share, maybe the two could go somewhere and sit? While she waited for him to give an answer she would quickly gaze around, to see if there were somewhere the two could be without being noticed by the Staffords.

for

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

&
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 02:40 AM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
116 posts
360 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Meeting the fam
That was… a lot of work just to get a few hours of entertainment. Olivier frowned, thinking that he’d never complain about her not being able to be online ever again. They had flaky people who joined their group from time to time and always left for lack of interest or unknown reasons, ofelia had long periods not showing up, but she always came back in the end. This only reinforced Oli’s opinion that they should never kick her off the group just because she was busy.

“Well, i’m sorry it’s like that…. I wish there was a way to make those more accessible so even reds could know the delights of modern technology.” Hmmm… maybe a silver would be able to make some console advertised to low colors? Hard challenge but maybe.....Oli would have to look into it.

Compared to her, smelling of… cow and… other unpleasant things, working day in, day out, getting more work just to have a couple of hours of entertainment, a silver’s lifestyle would sound no big deal. Just a rich boy lounging in an office all day, even though Olivier did plenty in his office. “Well… it’s a lot of paperwork, business meetings, talking to violets and agents, and a lot of talking while getting only half of the things talked about done, if that” He chuckled, “It’s kinda hard to explain without going in depth, but it’s mostly paperwork and a lot of reading boring documents.”

pm
^
OFELIA BRAGER
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 11:00 AM
Ground worker
Hetrosexual
Single, looking
27 posts
265 points
Curious, goodhearted
Fern
OFELIA BRAGER
Offline / RED

Judging by Olivier's expressions when he reacted on her words, he probably hadn't realized how little time off the Reds actually had. It was something that bothered many of the lower community, that the higher colors expected quite a lot, pushing more and more loads of work to get more out of their workers while sitting in their offices drinking coffee. At least that's what many around Ofelia had complained about. Ofelia herself loved the life on the farm, yes sometimes it was unfair, and it was a lot of work, but in the end, her mind was build that way, she couldn't have worked inside an office all day. She'd become to restless, at least that's what she believes. Ofelia loved to use her hands, take care of the animals and the field, she thought it amusing how she could watch life grow, die and be reborn again. It was beautiful in many ways.

"It would have been amazing to have more access to the modern technology and all that, but where would we find the time? Like the situations are now, it probably wouldn't work, even if I was allowed to play, I could rarely spare the time... sadly." Ofelia said, with a slightly sad tone to her voice. Yes it would have been amazing to have the luxury to play often, to talk to Olivier and the rest of the group more often. However, like the society was today, it couldn't happen. Not in the nearest future. Ofelia was usually more optimistic around the topic of color ranks and such, but at this point she had to face the fact that the dream of being on the simulation machine more often was unrealistic.

A slight smile made her expression when Olivier finally spoke about how his day looked like in general, confirming that it was much like people had told her. "I couldn't imagine sitting inside doing paperwork, I love it too much out her with the animals and working outside." She said raising her hands slightly, a gesture towards the nature and the farm around them. "Also, I don't think I'd be any good at it, even though I read fast and love to gather more knowledge... but... yes, no I can't imagine it."

Ofelia paused, taking a moment to let her gaze wander over him, realizing how different the two actually were. You couldn't see it so clearly in the simulations, however out here, in real life. The clothing alone was a huge difference, so clean, no wrinkles in sight. The posture and thoughts of how a day should be like, and then there was the skin, also clean, and without cut, scars and dirt. A slight frown formed for a second between her brows, realizing how dirty she must have looked, even though she had done her best not to become dirty this day. Ofelia quickly drew her gaze back to herself, suddenly slightly self conscious.

for

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

&
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX