RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

new poll

» Vanic Gray, 25 | Gold | Sean O’Pry
VANIC GRAY
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 06:50 AM
Captain SSS Viper
Heterosexual
Single
33 posts
235 points
Intelligence
Dizzy
VANIC GRAY
Offline / GOLD

Vanic Gray
basics
full name: Vanic Gray
nicknames/aliases:Van
birthday: 15/August
pronouns: He/Him
member group: Gold
nation of origin: novas
addictions/illnesses: none
character nature: want ad

appearance
body marks: None
  • tattoos: None
  • scars: None
  • piercings: none
  • modifications: none
face claim: Sean O’pry
hair color: Dark Brown/Black
eye color:Blue
height: 6’0”
built: Athletic/Fit

relationships

family tree:
  • parents: Vaelen and Mara
  • siblings: Sara
  • children: none
  • pets: none
  • other: none
sexual orientation: Heterosexual
relationship status: Single
partner: N/A

freeform
Life has always been easy. From the first day of drawing breath until now everything one could ever want has been available. This is the advantage of being Gold. Some would consider this an arrogant statement, but it is good to be at the top. All my life I’ve seen my father get what he wants simply because of his status. He has been a leader my whole life, and he has groomed me for it for as long as I can remember.

My mother and sister have a knack for finances. It’s not a surprise being Gold’s, but I’ve never been as good as them with it. Because of our status, we have always been well off, but my mother’s natural ability with numbers and charts has kept the family from making foolish investments.

I’ve always been fascinated with space. The stars are intriguing. I’ve memorized every constellation by name. I even memorized the old names I read about in the history books. As a kid I would stay up all night looking at them through my telescope. They are captivating. My dad tells me sometimes my head is too far in the sky to be any earthly good. He’s right, but that’s okay because the plan has always been to travel the stars.

As I am writing this, I’ve just received my post as the Captain of the SSS Viper. It’s a scouting ship full of a lot of diversity. Obviously I’m the Captain because of my color, but this crew, I don’t know. Everything should be fine, I mean they will have to listen. I’ve worked my whole life for this opportunity.

I don’t know what to expect, but I’m hoping for a grand adventure. Sure, it’s possible I’ve got a glamorized view of what this is going to be like, but who knows, it could be exactly what I think it will be like. As far as I’m concerned this is going to be the best use of my time, my talent, and I’m going to have the best crew ever.

platonic
Friends… I have those. I’d like to think my entire crew could be, but I think most of them don’t see it that way. There are a lot of possibilities here as I’m still young and forming who I am outside of what my parents have established.
antagonistic
Half my crew fits here at least I think. I’ve lived most of my life without making enemies. I really don’t know how to deal with people not liking.
romantic
I have a pink, but not sure that counts as romantic, maybe it could, I don’t know. My parents have an awesome relationship. They’re the type that make you think marriage works. I’ve seen people that make me think otherwise. I don’t know what I want here, but it would be fun to figure out.
wanted plots
-Crew threads lots of them. We need missions.
-I’d love to do some individual threads with the crew and explore the relationships there.
-A captain needs a rival… is that you?
-Anything that makes this guy check his assumptions.
-Crack Plots… love them.
ooc information

alias: DIZZY
pronouns: He/Him
timezone PST
preferred contact Discord/PM
how you found us RPG-D
other characters BENJAMIN CHAMBERS
triggers: Violent gore for the sake of violent gore
pm
^
TEK
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 07:22 PM
code fiddler
shipping
with the skwad
nosey lil fucker
116 posts
20 points
reliable
tek
TEK
Offline / ADMIN

accepted
Your application has been accepted! Welcome to Rise!

Make sure to fill all of your claims and edit your mini profile so your character can be sorted in the right member group and you can start plotting and posting!

pm
email
^
EZRA STERLING
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 10:53 PM
Minister of Defence
Heterosexual
Married
7 posts
0 points
Charming
Laurie
EZRA STERLING
Offline / INACTIVE

Ezra

You want a rival, shortcuts with military ships and late reports will quickly see Vanic head to head with Minister of Defence. Perhaps he's a close family friend and pushes harder because he expects more. I'm sure we can find out!

pm
^
ZEROSIA VANZYL
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 12:33 AM
Trainee
Hetero
Single
14 posts
115 points
Zealous
Hype
ZEROSIA VANZYL
Offline / INACTIVE

VANIC GRAY & Zero

Heyo Dizzy! "Captain on the Bridge!"

I definitely look forward to threading with these two! Could be her onboarding onto the ship, could be her asking for more time in the pilot's chair, even though she's super inexperienced, could be her talking about the challenges of being new and him empathizing while still being In Charge ™. It could be as simple as finding a seat to sit in in whatever mess they have on the Viper. Overall, she, like a lot of Blues, I think, prides herself on being able to interact with the higher colors casually, even though they have many more benefits than she does. It also could be cool if Zero was one of the few crew members who is casually nice to Vanic initially. After all, her father speaks well of him, why shouldn't she be rooting for him, and maybe in rooting for him and his newbiness to shine she's also sort of rooting for herself?
pm
^
VANIC GRAY
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 02:54 AM
Captain SSS Viper
Heterosexual
Single
33 posts
235 points
Intelligence
Dizzy
VANIC GRAY
Offline / GOLD

Vanic and Zero
I love all of this… half of it I had saved in a doc waiting for you to be approved so there is that!

With Vanic bing new, and needing someone who actually is rooting for him besides his Pink, I think there are ways to make sure they are friends. They also have a lot of opportunity for their newbiness to get them in trouble as well.

I love working out relationships IC from the start so having her onboarding as the first thread makes sense to me! It might also make more sense if you start that up since it could work as a good introduction for her. Hope that isn’t too presumptuous of me?

pm
^
ZEROSIA VANZYL
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:55 PM
Trainee
Hetero
Single
14 posts
115 points
Zealous
Hype
ZEROSIA VANZYL
Offline / INACTIVE

pm
^
COLTON METZGER
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 01:00 AM
Soldier - Bodyguard
Asexual
Single
58 posts
440 points
Intimidating
Ace
COLTON METZGER
Offline / OBSIDIAN

VANIC GRAY

Colton didn't pull your pilot Michael Graham across a table. Whattt?

Anyway, maybe they have crossed paths before or perhaps they haven't and this would have been the first. Colt is at the moment more a babysitter for the higher colours than a soldier at the moment - so there could be a chance they interact? Maybe even Colt's protecting Vanic's parents or something.

Idk, but if you need a grumpy (read: scary) Obsid by your side, Colt's down.

pm
^
VANIC GRAY
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 01:51 AM
Captain SSS Viper
Heterosexual
Single
33 posts
235 points
Intelligence
Dizzy
VANIC GRAY
Offline / GOLD

COLTON METZGER

Pretty sure he’s protected them before. It would be cool if Colton was responsible for saving Vanic or his parents. There would be a dent in Vanic’s mind.
pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 08:43 PM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

hey there sailor VANIC GRAY

i want a thread and you'll gimme wether u want to or not!!!

XDD please

we've waited so long for this guy <3 <3

unfortunately I don't really have a bright idea to suggest, thread-wise. I would looove a crack plot though!

I'm not sure Asterin will like him very much, at least at first, she heard stories about him and besides, he's a Gold, Asterin is just a little bit prejudiced of high colours. maybe they didn't really interact a lot in the beginning, they were just the captain and the doctor, I'm sure he might not be TOO interested in picking out the ship doctor himself, I think he would just go with whoever has good recommendations?

so yeah, then they could actually meet in person and things can change, for better or worse. will he be in need of medical assistance? or maybe he just wants to check in if everything is alright or maybe he wants to ask about some intel on one of the crew members that she treated? and she'll be like 'what no i can't tell u that'. or maybe he heard stories about her and now is suspicious and wants to see what it's all about? or speaking of that crack plot, maybe they are pushed together by some funny circumstance and they have to deal with a ridiculous situation or something (yeah i know, very detailed). I'm sorry, I told u I'm not very inspired atm pls help me!!
pm
^
VANIC GRAY
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 02:14 AM
Captain SSS Viper
Heterosexual
Single
33 posts
235 points
Intelligence
Dizzy
VANIC GRAY
Offline / GOLD

ASTERIN SARGENT

We have to do something yes! What about getting stranded off world in a cave where he is injured and they have to survive? Not super detailed but anything could happen!
pm
^
ASTERIN SARGENT
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 01:07 PM
doctor
bisexual
single
117 posts
825 points
compassionate
Vera
ASTERIN SARGENT
Offline / YELLOW

VANIC GRAY
Aaahhhh fjfjjfjflejbavvkglvmrb i am crying an adventure is all i've ever wanted http://i.imgur.com/EZsb91w.png http://i.imgur.com/EZsb91w.png
We can talk details in private, i have to run rn but i'll be free tonight
pm
^
ILDRI REYNARD
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 07:03 PM
Weird Shit Expert (tm)
Demisexual
Single
11 posts
90 points
Intelligent
Q-Mech
ILDRI REYNARD
Offline / BLUE

VANIC GRAY Your ship has a new resident Weird Shit Expert ™. (She's an Astrophysicist, but also, Weird Shit Expert isn't wrong.) She should def. meet the captain! I wish I could say definitively how they'll get along, but I'm really not sure.

So! IDK if there's anything specific you're wanting, and I'm totally willing to flex or whatever, but some general ideas/options, there is, of course, always the option to have them interact professionally, since I imagine he'd need to hear reports and all that jazz from her and probably consult with her about any weirdo stuff relating to her field that he's not familiar with the workings of, etc. Alternatively, IDK how often the crew socializes or whatever, but Ilya's very very lonely and would definitely try to wriggle her way into situations where she could interact with the crew, in which case, she's much more likely to be casual and probably weird unless she knows it's the captain, in which case she'll still at least try to pretend she's normal.

Something must be figured out!

--------------------
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX