RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

new poll

» put your wings on me, soaring on symphony, @Tae-Hyun
LORELEI HENDRIX
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 06:22 PM
mermaid
)(
single
71 posts
540 points
EXCITED
Vera
LORELEI HENDRIX
Offline / GOLD

good intentions paved with gold

The driver pulled the hover-limousine in front of the gaming company building, then he jogged to open the door for his client.

"Thank you so much!" she smiled like it was the first time he did such thing and like it was out of the kindness of his heart. "You can take a break. You too, Raas, you can stay behind" The last part was addressed to her Grey guardian, which was still in the car. The young woman then stepped towards the building, ignoring the Grey’s protests and effectively ending any possible conversation.

The automatic doors opened and she stepped inside and looked around. The sunglasses she was wearing turned from dark tinted to clear at the change of light and now looked like regular glasses to correct eyesight.
Lorelei approached the reception desk with a big smile. She presented herself and asked for a specific department. The woman there didn’t know what to make of her, she was confused and just a little bit fearful. But in the end she asked: ’Do you have an appointment?’ at which Lor just giggled awkwardly, feeling bad.
”Ah, no, I’m very sorry. I know it’s unprofessional. I exchanged emails with one Mr. Park and I was supposed to let him know when I’m available this week. But my mom’s schedule is just so unpredictable, you know? Something cleared up today and I was just in the neighbourhood... I swear I won’t keep him busy too long!” and offered an angel face that immediately charmed the woman. She offered some vague directions but half-way through them Lorelei skipped away with an optimistic ”I’ll figure it out! Toodles”

30 minutes later it turned out that she didn’t figure anything out, but she did find a cool vending machine that asked for coins. Coins! She had to ask for a passer-by to change her a bill and then picked some fish-shaped jelly. The guy didn’t say anything, maybe he thought she was working there? Looking in retrospective, she could’ve asked him for directions too, but an open door got her attention and she followed her instinct. She winded up in a room with a group of people that were currently watching some videos or something, so she stuck around, silently munching in the background.

TAE-HYUN PARK
let me know if I should change anything! <3

pm
^
TAE-HYUN PARK
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 01:26 PM
0 posts
/

"Uh, excuse me?"

A voice, not soft (though it was admittedly quieter than both the video audio and the hmms and hahs of the people viewing them) but definitely unassuming, issued from somewhere behind Lorelei. Had the Gold turned around at that moment, they would have seen a person, an inch or two shorter than them, of indeterminate sex but for their (his?) too-flat chest. From his decently made but somewhat well-worn flannel shirt and vest--a loose thread here, a faded patch there--the slightly bulkier datapad secured on his wrist, and the fact that he was here in this room without a tray of refreshments in hand, it was obvious that he was middle-caste; from his youth, perhaps he was one of the children of the suited older folks currently engrossed.

"Are you..." he continued, trailing off for a moment. "...well, are you here to watch as well, miss?"

LORELEI HENDRIX

(And so it begins... :3)
^
LORELEI HENDRIX
 Posted: Oct 17 2017, 04:10 PM
mermaid
)(
single
71 posts
540 points
EXCITED
Vera
LORELEI HENDRIX
Offline / GOLD

good intentions paved with gold

Though she got engrossed by the animation playing on the screen, she was still aware of her surroundings. In fact, while watching silently, sometimes her attention diverged towards the people and a thought occured to her, that when the video will end, they’ll probably notice her.

Right then a voice from behind caught her attention and she turned around with a little jump. ”I...” she stopped to look back at the people in the room to see if they noticed yet. Then she turned back to the young person and stepped outside the room, close to the doorway but just aside enough to not disturb them if she kept a low voice.

”To be honest, not really, no, but please, don’t let me interrupt” she continued, all signs of her earlier awkwardness gone now, a bright smile on her face. She took another step aside to let them pass through the door if they wanted to. As if she meant to stay and continue to watch.

She blinked a few times, realizing that this was such a basic Gold move. Their default settings were to feel like they belonged everywhere, like they owned everything. And she DID drop there unannounced at the company. With a sigh, she reconsidered.

”Wait, actually” she stopped them once again and gathered her words. ”Could I take a minute of your time? I was on my way to the animators’ department. Do you know which way it is? I’m looking for a Mr. Park”

TAE-HYUN PARK

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX