RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

new poll

» chapter 2: face to face, @ oli/ina
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 02:28 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

you won't wash away my colors, i'm a

kaleidoscope

Never had Ruby been more nervous about a business meeting. But never had she been pretending to be someone else until the meeting took place. Behind the computer's screen, she was all there, as a whole, Ruby Blackwood. Grey. A Viper. But online... Online she had to put on a mask, out of fear, maybe just in case, but a mask nonetheless. At first, she used the mask to leave comments on other blogs, or to interact with people who seemed to have a similar mindset as she did. But little by little, things escalated and the mask grew.

It evolved.

It never took over, though. It was just that the more time passed, the more it seemed that the said mask was not a veil, it was not a fake, an appearance. It looked more and more like the original, like the true essence of who Ruby should be. It was liberating, and sure the mask was like an enabler, but only for the good, it helped empower other people as well. It helped create food for the brain.

It became a tool, one used to build things, like the blog itself, a corner of the internet - the world - all to herself. However, when she first felt threatened and felt pride from what she had achieved so far, from how much her site had grown, then it occurred to her that the tool could be turned into a weapon as well. It was a scary thought, and as a Grey she knew better. But as a Violet, crawling at the skin keeping her trapped inside... Ruby did not want Blair to become a weapon, though, as weapons were used for fighting.

But what about a blazon? An icon, representing maybe the duality of mankind, Color fluidity, things that people could only understand if they let go of the chains imposed by society. It sounded impossible, and yet, so did making a risque blog sound at first, and look at that, today she was meeting up with a possible sponsor. If only she could make up her mind regarding what she truly wanted..

Dressed not in Gray, obvious clothing, but in a more casual, less Color specific outfit that still held enough respect for the meeting. It was not some insignificant coffee meet-up, it still actually meant talking to a sponsor, revealing her identity to a sponsor. It was a pretty big deal for her, despite her initial wish to be casual about it.

The Grey made her way inside the building, same exact address she had been texted to get to, and to her luck, the secretary redirected her to the right office, told that nobody else was in so far. Shortly after, she was there knocking twice on the door before opening it, admittedly nervous, before entering and greeting the man in front of her.

"Hi, good afternoon! This is... Blair." It was so odd saying it out loud, no last name, no nothing.. hopefully he didnt know like 5 other Blairs and she didnt make a fool out of herself.

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

thunder
struck

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC
STATUS Come talk to me about whatever you have on your mind and I will do my best to offer help!

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 05:53 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Facing the face of rebellion
As expected, the secret violet with a blog and one of the most deep feeling art Olivier had seen in the past year came in just in time. He wasn’t gonna lie, he was pretty excited about this, it wasn’t everyday he got to meet with genuinely talented violets. Skillful, yeah, even enthusiastic who knew all the technical side, but there was something about Blair’s art that just touched Olivier differently than just any other artwork he saw in galleries.

Maybe it was how rebellious and irreverent it was, he may not agree with everything, but it was undeniably something that came from deep within her.

And now he was going to meet her!!!

When blair, his secretary, phoned in saying his guest had arrived, Olivier started nervously tidying up his desk, trying to appear professional and not like an overeager fanboy. There was a knocked and he stopped “Come in” he said unnecessarily as the door was already opening.

“Blair! Hi, it was a great pleasure to finally meet you. Please, take a seat” He gestured to the chair in front of him, his voice enthusiastic and his smile friendly and bright.

Tag: RUBY BLACKWOOD - Notes: fanboy kowalski alert!
pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 02:16 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Her nervousness regarding this meeting started to melt off once the man, presumably Olivier Kowalski (if the simple internet searches about this address and business didnt lie about names) greeted her warmly, with more enthusiasm than she expected. So far, the vibe in the room resembled the one she got from reading all encouraging messages and praises on her art, especially the ones from the Silver himself. In short, she already felt appreciated and wanted here. The only thing still making her anxious was that she'd have to tell him why she's anonymous, eventually, today.

"Likewise! Thank you." She took a seat, unable to wipe off her smile for the time being and sat with her Grey straight pose, lightly crossing her ankles. "I appreciate the.. quite short notice meeting, I hope you didnt have to mess up your schedule or anything to meet with me." She knew that setting a meeting only two days away from right then wasnt something anyone would be able to pull off. The Silver already gave her a good businessman impression, able to manage his time to his best interests.

"I'm sorry for our...first interraction? I might have came off as a little... I dont know, but really it's all because I'm really serious about my anonimity. It's why I also refused to meet in public. Just in case someone familiar would have spotted us talking." Ruby began explaining, but it was as far as she was willing to go without a confidentiality contract signed first - she knew that without one, no laws could be called upon the Silver to protect herself. But with a contract, he wasnt allowed to give anything away. Hopefully.

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC
STATUS Come talk to me about whatever you have on your mind and I will do my best to offer help!

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 05:13 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Blair was nothing like Olivier imagined. Such a rebel attitude, such a passion that showed through her art, he expected it to show in her appearance as well. But no, she was blonde, pretty in a proper way with her tan pants and loose blouse that didn’t expose too much, all in neutral colors.

Olivier was very used with dealing with Violets, he wasn’t offended by things such as tattoos, brightly colored hair, piercings and other more radical body mods that were purely aesthetic. He himself started dying his hair because of the Violet influence in his life. If anyone was more likely to make a statement through their appearance, it was Violets, and they weren’t shy about it.

So the plain, proper appearance of Blair wasn’t how he imagined her at all. For a brief moment it showed as his silver eyes scanned her, but he smiled pleasantly, even more curious about the type of person she was now. “Not at all, this is, after all, a business meeting. I didn’t cancel or rearrange anything urgent.” In fact, he only had to shift two meetings, none were that important. One was with the copper accountant, the other was just a whinny actress trying to gain fame by buttering Olivier up and maybe seduce him? He wasn’t sure, but it made him uncomfortable.

She really was scared about her anonymity, made this meeting even more special, like she already somewhat trusted him a whole lot, and now that he thought about it, might be the reason for her plain appearance, nobody would suspect the Violet who dressed so candid, more like a copper than anything else.

“I understand” he said evenly in a soothing manner as she apologized for their previous interaction, because he did, as much as he could he saw why she’d want to hide. “I didn’t think when I suggest Stellarbucks, I thought it would make the meeting more relaxed. But I’m glad you’re here, i really love your art and the opportunity to add you to our portfolio is unique. There’s a serious lack of daring pieces, people love those as much as they don’t like to admit. Everyone is too afraid to step out of their boxes. But you aren, and neither am i, right now” he smiled brightly, his excitement getting the best of him.

Tag: RUBY BLACKWOOD - Notes:

pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 04:37 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Because of her natural Grey Color, Ruby liked to think she was able to somewhat read the people she came in contact with. She lacked an agent's training, no idea what Talia learned in her branch of Grey school or what exactly she was dealing with (but rumors and gossip flew among Grey just as it did among elders and children who listened to scary myths and legends), but lower tier Greys could always move up the ladder if more, specific experience was gained. She tagged along with one or two detectives in hopes to be able to move up the ranks someday, but with the Viper she had no thought to leave. But she digressed, the point was that this Olivier didnt seem twofaced. His general, excited vibe was contagious and it inspired trustworthiness, he seemed good. She really wanted this to go well, to not get screwed over. Ruby had faith.

Evem more so when he said he got it. Blackwood was glad to be on the same wavelength with him on this topic.

He even expressed his appreciation for her art (again) and how he'd love for them to work together, and Ruby was even glad to hear that no others had been as daring as Blair is. It certainly made her unique then, no pressure..

"All these compliments are seriously going to make me blush! Thank you, and I hope I can bring more to the public and more to you as things evolve. It's exciting and a little scary, I wont lie, to actually be here and talk about this and all." She was visibly as enthused as her hands began gesticulating when expressing her feelings, smile never fading off.

"So, obviously I've never been in this position before, but I'm assuming there's a sort of contract plan or term negotiation or something? I could talk about my art all day otherwise. Keeping things on paper also contributes to me stepping out further from my box." She gave an amused huff - she actually wanted to ask if her personal articles went well with the blog's theme, or if she should cut those out. It wasnt like she listened to anons, but some said she should stick to either images or words, not both. Despite that, she believed the said anons were just too lazy to read all. She didnt seriously plan to change her blog radically from anon hate. Constructive criticism was fine, on the other hand.

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 10:46 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Oh gosh, Olivier realized he had been gushing to Blair about her art. He felt embarrassed, his father had said time and time again he shouldn’t let his personal bias show, specially to prospect Violets, it made them cocky, too confident about their skills, which made negotiating difficult at times. You couldn’t let they know they were unique and essential, there should always be a balance between showing them the appreciation they deserved and giving them too much leverage over you on a business standpoint.

Olivier… often failed on that account,he never could hide his bias, be it good or bad. He thought good artists should always receive the best opportunity, but her always forgot himself and ended gushing too much. While bad artists…..

Lets say Oli was not very tolerant of arrogant Violets who couldn’t art if their lives depended on it. He had met too many.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be overbearing, but i can’t lie, i hoped really hard that you would change your mind” He smiled sheepishly. She sounded modest, which was a good sign, maybe oli hadn’t ruined everything with his eagerness.

He straightened himself and adjusted his thick non prescription glasses before he grabbed his datapad. After a few sweeps he offered the device to Blair. “This is the contract. I can send it to you so you can read with time and calm. We included a clause for you to remain anonymous to the public, but we still need things like documents and personal info. It won’t ever be released to the public, but you know, coppers and their bureaucracy” he shrugged, hoping she’d agree. She wouldn’t find any partners or contracts if she wasn’t willing to present her real credentials, so he wasn’t afraid that she’d look over the competition over this.

pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 3 2018, 09:46 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Gahh, he was so sweet with dealing with clients, Ruby couldnt imagine Olivier getting angry at someone, it made him look really genuine and Ruby liked genuine people. Besides, his excitement was just making Ruby feel more sure on herself as well, about the whole deal. She wasnt going to bathe in his complimemts or expect them constantly... but appreciation meant a lot.

He presented her the contract and she scanned it for a few moments as he talked. She was more interested about the confidentiality clause than anything else, since that could be the only risky part. But.... Coppers?

Dammit.

How did she forget that a Copper would be involved?? Obviously, a lawyer to look over everything would be neccessary. But a Copper... a metal, HighColor... they wouldnt think twice before ratting her out. She needed Olivier to understand that.. but how could she tell the truth lile this? "Could there be edits made to the confidentiality clause? I think it's fine with the public bit, but a Copper would look over this and have access to my personal information, right? Is there any way to let them look over the contract...but cover my stuff?" She was definitely threading on a thin line, and it was making her increasingly nervous. What he pulled away because of how shady it all was? "A Copper seeing details about me would put me in real danger." Otherwise, she might have to back out herself?

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: May 10 2018, 02:24 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

She…. didn’t want to show herself to the lawyers? How did she expected to get anything done if she wasn’t willing to sign anything as herself? Olivier was a bit confusing, the confidentiality bound them to not divulger her identity, but you can’t make a contract… without being with a real person..?

“Erm… How would a lawyer seeing your information put you in danger…? We need a lawyer to sign it, and two witnesses for that matter. The public won’t know, but we do have to make the contract within the law, to protect both you and ourselves. You won’t sign anything if you’re not using your real information, it’s just how bureaucracy works.” He was very gently as he explained, though it was clear he was very much confused by the woman’s fear. Was she a criminal of some sort? What the heckie did Olivier get himself into?

pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 11 2018, 10:39 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

He didnt technically know her real name, she could... use Blair? She could make up a surname for her too, pass her down as a Violet, but what if the Coppers ran her name through the database? What if they realized there was no Blair Somethingsomething? Then it would be much worse, and more laws would be broken at the same time rather than just a big one: acting outside of one's caste.

But even so, she'd be lying to protect herself. People did that a lot, she saw them, as a Grey, doing unbelievable things to keep themselves or their family and friends safe. This, however, was different. She'd lose not only her freedom and most likely her life if this got out, but she'd also lose her friends, her Viper family, everything she had.

Would it be wise to put her safety in the hands of a stranger? In Olivier's hands? Others trusted stranger Greys with their safety daily, left themselves to their judgement to do what's right or what's good for them. Could the roles be reversed just for one day? Successfully, at that? If karma was real, then it shouldnt betray Ruby now..

The woman took a deep breath, hands placing themselves on the Silver's desk, not uttering a word just yet. She was carefully considering anything she could say, not looking up to meet his eyes so far. It was now or never, wasnt it? She either went home rejected from the deal, or she stayed in a sponsorship. Or got arrested, but she really didnt want to consider that as an option.

"It's dangerous, because... I'm not a Violet." It should explain everything, why she didnt want to meet in public, why she hid herself, why she never gave away any information that could somehow link her to easily recognizable people... it was a stressful lifestyle.

She then looked up to meet his gaze, curious about what was to come, but clear in her pose and eyes that she was vulnerable, and she opened herself up to him in blind trust, following the good person feeling she got from him. It was idiotic.

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: May 16 2018, 02:24 PM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

Olivier was young, he grew up sheltered and he would be the first to admit he didn’t know the world very well. He was just a silver who dealt mostly with violets, crime and violence, gray profiling, color overstepping, those were all things he only ever saw in ebooks and movies.

So when Blair, the amazingly talented artist he had wanted to sponsor for months, confessed she was not, in fact not a violet, he was struck speechless for exactly two seconds. He then laughed lightly “You almost got me there.” Because that had to be a joke right? She was having a laugh, no other color would make such amazing art, not to mention how dangerously illegal it was.

pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 16 2018, 05:18 PM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

He was.. chuckling. Funny, because she wasnt sure what he found funny? Maybe he was one of those highcolors whose employees got fired if they didnt laugh alongside him even when not knowing the reason behind it? He didnt look like some villain, no.

Ruby smiled a little, admittedly more out of confusion than anything, not knowing how to react to his denial. Was he so shocked that he resorted to some laughter based defense mechanism? Uh oh.. this didnt sound good.

He finished laughing, confirming that he perceived it as a joke, and Ruby's look didnt change with the exception that her smile faded away as well. Nothing laughable here.

She hoped he'd maybe realize from her lack of amusement that she was not pulling a prank or something. The Grey's concern only grew alongside the awkwardness brought by the silence that settled in now. Ruby rubbed the back of her neck in shame, then cleared her throat a bit only to break the quiet moment. "Uh, Mr Kowalski- or.. Olivier-- can I call you Olivier?"

She pressed her lips together, feeling bad to have to do this to him, then continued.

"I wish I was joking, but I'm really just a Grey."

Then, upon stating her actual color, an idea popped in her mind like turning on a light bulb. It could solve their contract issue, but she'd first need to see how he reacted to it all.

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
 Posted: May 24 2018, 02:15 AM
Head Hunter Trainee
???
Painfully Single
109 posts
325 points
Hipster
Ina
OLIVIER KOWALSKI
Offline / SILVER

She wasn’t laughing. Blair had the look of mild confusion in her face that didn’t bode well to Olivier. He felt his stomach drop when it was clear that the woman was indeed, not joking. At all. He stared at her as if in shock. His glasses had slid down his nose and were precariously hanging on his face.

Blair was a gray. An incredibly talented painter he loved, was actually a gray. The revelation was beyond shocking “Wh-what……?????? How?? I’m sorry but… it’s just not possible. You can’t be a gray.” Grays were law enforcement and soldiers. They were people, unlike obsidians, but they were still known for not being particularly creative. It was impossible for a gray to be creative enough to make art such as the one she made.

Not mention how illegal it was in the first place.

pm
^
RUBY BLACKWOOD
 Posted: May 24 2018, 08:47 AM
law enforcer
bisexual
single
333 posts
1150 points
loyal & prideful
TeK
RUBY BLACKWOOD
Offline / GRAY

Ruby had always found it amusing how people would gladly believe in lies of all sorts, but when the truth came out, they often chose to deny it. She momentarily wondered if the same would happen if she came out as a Grey on her blog, if people would think she's doing it for attention and then ditch. The human mind was a confusing thing.

He really did look like he had seen a ghost now...was he going to be okay?

At his explanation, Ruby finally let out a huff in amusement, smiling for mere moments as she talked. "What? With all due respect, sir, but why would I lie about lying?" It wasnt exactly something to joke about either. She felt like he needed further proof.

"This is why I refused to meet in public. Greys and talent scouts dont mix. It's also why I keep anonymous and dont talk about my job?" Aaaand also why a Grey's name couldnt appear on a Silver-Violet contract. But her idea continued to grow, and it sounded more and more promising, she just needed to see if he was going to be okay with this all and still want to carry through. It still was a unique deal for a Silver to get, right? Maybe that would comfort him.

OLIVIER KOWALSKI

--------------------
BLOG ASK MUSIC

UPDATE
new art up!
The B's Lair
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX