RISE
a sci-fi roleplay

to rise

01. welcome

Welcome to Novas, where the Color you are born into determines your future.

Will you accept your fate or will you fight against the system?

the bosses

02. staff

announcements &

03. updates

UPDATE 08 - 05/2018 A new writing challenge is up! Move us to tears with a glimpse from your character's life and get a cute lil badge as well as valuable points :D

UPDATE 07 - 03/2018 The Stupid Cupid event is now over! Everyone who took part has been rewarded with points and a tiny cute award! Stay tuned for more challenges and events :>

UPDATE 06 - 02/2018 Our Valentine's Day event is here! Go sign up your characters for some free smootches ;D

UPDATE 05 - 12/2017 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! We have a new announcement for you, holiday gifts and of course we're giving warm welcomes to our newest members!! Keep your eyes peeled for more c: Also, did you notice we're 2 months old now? Yaaay!

UPDATE 04 - 11/2017 The event ended and every participant has received their rewards! We've also cleaned up the board for any inactives, updated the claims and ratios accordingly and we're celebrating Rise's one month anniversary! We love you guys so much <3

UPDATE 03 - 10/2017 Rise's first on-site challenge is up! Come celebrate Halloween with us and earn points and pretty badges~

UPDATE 02 - 10/2017 Rise's official opening is here! Today we open to the whole public, so make sure you welcome in everyone new & returning and make lots of friends and plots!

UPDATE 01 - 10/2017 Rise's soft opening is here! Make yourself at home while we iron out any remaining wrinkles around the site!

UPDATE 00 - 09/2017 Beta testing around the site has begun.

» NEWSFLASH

[ _the weather in novas is getting warmer and warmer ] [ _green internships available for libel immigrants ] [ _tourism in novas is in blossom ]
[ _low and middle class inspections have been scheduled for june and will be conduced by our trustworthy greys ] [ _gladiator fights will be broadcast four times a week across the nations ]
[ _more people found guilty of crimes against color (hidden mixed pregnancies and/or similar affairs) during the "love gas" incident have been detained, judged and will be facing their punishments _live transmissions of their executions will be available all throughout june _if you know someone struggling with such issues, reach out to a grey for help _do not let them become a victim of their own crimes ]

new poll

» Drinking & Driving, Dezeran Malik & Nyles Schultz
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 01:24 AM
Liquor/Alcohol Entrepreneur
Bisexual
Single
38 posts
275 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

Morph: A bar-ship that flew between locations and changed themes every other day, and was Nyles' new pet project. She'd dumped far more money into it than she should have, the Silver having felt like a kid in a candy shop as she tried to make all of her wishes (no matter how farfetched) come true. Step one was easy, and that was having the ship put together in the first place. She'd have thought that was going to be the most difficult part, but no: it was harder to find competent staff to work on the damn ship than it was to get all of the ideas for it out of her head.

Nyles always tried to act fair and give others a chance: an older man who did a fine job though he wasn't as lively as she wanted, and a rather fresh pilot who had about given Nyles a heart attack after narrowly missing a rather obvious building. Couple that with a woman who insisted that she knew just what she was doing while flipping the ship every which way... things were GOING GREAT. After that the blonde was slamming her head on the bar top, her cat Fish watching on with minor concern.

Needless to say she was looking for a bit more out of each.

Nyles hadn't called sent Dezeran a memo about the position because he had a pretty face. Ok, well, it wasn't the only reason why she'd sent it to him. The man had piloted her ship once before on a previous request to discover some unique ingredients on another planet. He'd managed to get her and a lovely Gray by the name of Ruby there and back in one piece, not to mention helped keep hell from breaking loose during the trip itself.

The only reason she hadn't popped it over to him in the first place was because she just assumed that he already a full time job. Hell, even if he did maybe what Nyles was offering was better. Either way all she could do was wait for a message back or for him to come to the ship, which was docked in an extremely crooked manner at the Spaceport.

--

DEZERAN MALIK

pm
^
DEZERAN MALIK
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 02:15 AM
Starship Pilot
Heterosexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
HEDONIST
Praedyth
DEZERAN MALIK
Offline / BLUE

With humanity's strong galactic presence and the constant stream of traffic between planets, one would think a pilot would have no trouble landing a job, but that was precisely the predicament in which Dezeran had recently found himself. As the holiday season came to a close, transport companies were trimming their seasonal staff, and as Dez had failed to land a permanent listing by the time the slips were handed out, he was not surprised but no less dejected to see his own name absent.

The days without pay were adding up, and pretty soon he would be forced to cut his expenses and move back in with mom. He spent much of his time perusing the public listings, stalking the feeds of his friends, and basically putting his ear against every wall he could in an attempt to find work.

Dez had almost resigned himself to a near-future of overcooked breakfasts and yard work when salvation came in the form of his acquaintance, Nyles Schultz. They hadn't really spoken much since he'd flown her ship to a (supposedly uninhabited) planet in search of unique ingredients for her drinks; which was a shame, really, considering she had pretty hair and a great smile.

He mentally thumbed the memo as it popped into his peripheral. He remembered her mentioning a concept for a space bar, but didn't realise she'd actually launched it; and it seemed she was having some trouble with...under-trained staff.

Heck. Yes.

The blue pulled on a relatively clean pair of jeans and ran some wax through his hair before hitching a ride to the spaceport. (Today on the bullet train, a woman was painting her toenails and a group of adolescents were having a bluegrass jam session. Gotta love PT.)

Dez could name and point out every ship he's ever flown; realistically, most pilots probably could. Typically more difficult was remembering which ship belonged to whom, but Albatross was one of a handful which stuck with him. He found Nyles' ship wedged precariously between two other vessels, with a wingtip clearance well below the safety standard.

"Hey, Nyles," he 'pinged her, failing to stifle a chuckle. "Just because you have the nicest ship on the block doesn't mean you can park like a jerk."

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:24 PM
Bisexual
Single
38 posts
275 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

Nyles had been glaring holes in passerby for what seemed like an eternity. Whether it be the other Blues who were admiring the shoddy parking job, Oranges repairing nearby ships, and even a Gray that no doubt wanted to try to give her shit about the 'unsafe environment' created by her ship, she'd send them scuttling off.

The blonde had nearly paced a rut in the ground when she heard her name being called. She'd pause mid-step and slowly turn her head to look over her shoulder at the source of the voice. Dez.

Immediately the glaring melted into something more of a pout as he taunted the parking. "It's almost as crooked as the broken nose of the previous pilot." The rough landing had sent that poor girl's face riiiight into the control dashboard. Not that Dez knew that; she'd let him think there had been some fists swinging just for the entertainment value.

Was it stupid how relieved she felt to see him? Probably, yet her anxiety and anger had almost completely vanished.

Her heels clicked softly on the ground as she walked toward him, taking a spot by his side to admire the mess as well. God it was even worse when you looked at it from farther away. "Look. I don't know if you have a job already or whatever, but we're going to make a deal." His cologne smelled nice, a side glance let her see his lovely eyes-- No. Focus.

"You move my ship without hitting anything and you get the job. I don't want to have to deal with a screechy Silver or a bitchy Gold about property damage, or get the damn Grays and Coppers involved." Nyles pushed her hair out of her face and let out a heavy sigh. "You think they're petty when they don't get their way, you should see Metallics when someone breaks their toys." Not that she was any different but she was more understanding when it came to accidents caused by, well, accident, and not ones caused because of stupidity.

"Pay, job description, benefits, all that other shit was in that file I sent you. If you have something else tying you up career wise, then I'm sure we can reach an agreement." Not just because he had a pretty face, she had to remind herself. Nope, not at all. Because he was a good pilot. Absolutely. "Think you can do it?" God she hoped so.

--

DEZERAN MALIK
pm
^
DEZERAN MALIK
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 07:08 PM
Starship Pilot
Heterosexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
HEDONIST
Praedyth
DEZERAN MALIK
Offline / BLUE

The owner of the ship emerged from behind the opposite end of the craft and approached him with animated footsteps. The stern look on her face softened as she came closer, and despite the fact that he could practically see the steam billowing from her ears, a sense of ease spread through him at the sight of her, and he smiled warmly.

Since their first (and last) flight together, he had secretly hoped she would hire him onto her crew; for all intents and purposes, Albatross was as beautiful as her owner, and had been a pleasure to fly. High Metallics always had the nicest ships, starbound yachts with luxury accommodations and the best neural software money could buy; most of the time they were garish, over-the-top, and held little intrinsic value for their owners.

But Nyles wasn't like that.

'It's almost as crooked as the broken nose of the previous pilot.' Dez winced and briefly reconsidered his desire to work for Nyles permanently, but it wasn't as if the previous pilot hadn't deserved it in some way; not only that, but there was no way he could mess up that bad. He was bred, born and raised to fly ships--but then again, so had she been.

"Was it her first flight, or what?" staring uncomfortably at the ship's severe landing angle, its nose skewed at least 15 degrees starboard--a failing grade in flight sims. "Honestly, you couldn't have called me at a better time. It's been a couple weeks since my last flight and things were starting to get about as tight as this parking job." He couldn't resist the chance to make another joke and sputtered a laugh that died as she gave him a look--not malicious, not even quite annoyed, but something else.

'You move my ship without hitting anything and you get the job...' Nyles continued. The implants in his brain fed specifications, measurements, and trajectories into his peripheral as Dez made a wide arc around the ship, mapping out an adjustment course. Electromagnetic repulsion at ten percent. Engage port gravity brake; apply pseudo-thrust to starboard wing. Engage starboard gravity brake. The hard part would be

After a moment, he returned to Nyles. "Yeah, I can do it. Just have to fine-tune your EMR and turn it a bit. There's only a small problem though...Albatross's EMR field will definitely interact with those of the ships around it. Won't cause any damage, but they'll feel a rumble." He bit his lip tentatively and offered a weak smile. "Not sure if you want to give them a warning or let 'em sweat it out." He would feel bad if Nyles had to deal with some spoiled-beyond-rotten Metallic who insisted he "scratched my EMR field!" (never mind that's impossible), but it would be quite a show.

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 11:22 PM
Bisexual
Single
38 posts
275 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

Nyles bit back a chuckle at Dez' face as she mentioned the broken nose. "For such a big guy you look scared. She hit her face on the control panel when she landed it. Don't worry; I don't have any intentions of messing up a pretty face like yours." The blonde would tease, following his gaze toward the ship. "It was her first job interview, yes. Let's just say she let her nerves get the best of her. I don't think she was as ready as she thought she was." She walked toward the ship and pat the side of it as she spoke.

When her attention turned back to the man he seemed focused, a half smile forming on her face. Well her certainly seems interested now doesn't he? She'd sit in silence while waiting for his answer.

After he explained the solution she'd look back to the ship, giving a nod. "Fuck it then. If it doesn't do damage then it isn't my problem. If any of them are stupid enough to want to fight then we can fight." All Nyles wanted was to get the ship straightened out, and so long as there weren't any other 'ship casualties' then things would buff out.

She'd pull up a hologram from her watch, pressing a button that released the ramp for the two to enter. Luckily that hadn't been blocked or else the Silver would've had to throw an even bigger fit than before. Nyles strode ahead of the Blue, looking back over her shoulder to see if he was following. The soft metallic sound of footsteps rang out as she stepped up the ramp. "We'll have to enter through the bar. So, I guess it's time to introduce you to Morph."

Once he had entered she used her control panel to turn on the lights. Everything from the floors to the bar was a plain white as there hadn't been a theme set. "Almost everything in here can be changed with the push of a button. If I want the walls to be brick and the floor to be lava, it can be done. The bar front changes, the stools, tables. The only thing that can't are the cups and the booze. Also the people, I suppose." Nyles felt proud of Morph, but oh god had she invested more than she had planned to into this mess. After a moment of thinking she'd step toward Dez, settling close to his side with the control panel still pulled up. "Go ahead. You can tinker with it if you want. There are preset themes and tabs where you can change all this individually. You won't hurt anything."

--

DEZERAN MALIK
pm
^
DEZERAN MALIK
 Posted: May 7 2018, 02:39 AM
Starship Pilot
Heterosexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
HEDONIST
Praedyth
DEZERAN MALIK
Offline / BLUE

Dez felt his cheeks redden slightly at the sound of pretty face, and it took a physical effort not to let his grin get too wide. He followed like a loyal dog as she circled the vessel and summoned the lift to bring them inside. "So, I guess it's time to introduce you to Morph."

Yessssssss. From the moment Nyles had first told him about her concept for Morph, Dez was instantly interested and low-key hopeful that she would ask him to be her pilot--and he must have made a good enough impression, as his dream had come true.

Well, almost--assuming he could salvage the disastrous parking job of the previous pilot.

With the flick of a holographic switch, the lights came on and Dez was greeted by the smooth, crisp silhouette of Morph. "Almost everything in here can be changed with the push of a button..." He let out a low whistle, subconsciously calculating that the bar itself probably cost more than a month of his pay. "...the only thing that can't are the cups and the booze. Also the people, I suppose."

"So true," he laughed, as indeed there was a special breed of people who seemed drawn to bars and predisposed to drama.

The construction itself was seamless and practically glittered it was so brand-spanking-new. Dez hesitated as Nyles offered him a go at the holopanel, feeling his skin grow hot as she stood close by. [i]Oh, God, don't start sweating, don't start sweating...

"Hm, how about...that?" he said, tapping a scheme at random on the holoscreen. The bar immediately became awash with blacks and blues and pinks and hot white, eventually settling into a realtime view of the Milky Way as the barstools reconfigured themselves to resemble the planets and stations of Sol. A projector somewhere in the ceiling suspended tiny orbs of puslating light throughout the room--stars, which orbited the centre of the bar lazily.

"Wow," was all he could say after a moment. "That's...amazing, really. Damn, girl, you're gonna be the next big thing. Can't say I'd mind taking some of that booze for a test run..." he jibed, nudging her gently with his elbow. "Let's see about getting this bird straightened out, though, huh?"

pm
^
NYLES SCHULTZ
 Posted: May 13 2018, 01:35 AM
Bisexual
Single
38 posts
275 points
Jackalope
NYLES SCHULTZ
Offline / SILVER

Nyles had caught sight of that little bit of red that touched his cheeks, and she only smiled and shook her head in response. Seeing the man grow flustered was rather adorable. She wondered how red she could make him.

The Silver would watch as Dez tinkered with the panel, his finger finding the Galactic Scheme. The white of Morph melted into a galaxy of colors. Stars dotted the walls, planets swung around the air, and the bar pulsed in and out of hues of pinks, blues, and purples. "I spent way more than I wanted, so I'm hoping that this isn't going to go to hell." She said in response to his words of encouragement while eying him from the corner of her eyes.

"You want a test run of booze, and I'd like a test run of... something else. I'm sure we can get at least one of those sorted out." Nyles would purr in a low voice, pressing back against his side after he lightly elbowed her. She'd begin her trip up the short stairs that lead to the Captain's Cabin, curling her finger in a 'come here' gesture as she opened the door with a smile. "Like I said before, I don't particularly care how much noise or movement is made. If the neighboring ships don't like it then they can go park somewhere else." The blonde teased, leaving the door open behind her as she went to settle in the co-pilot's chair.

--

DEZERAN MALIK
pm
^
DEZERAN MALIK
 Posted: May 31 2018, 08:30 PM
Starship Pilot
Heterosexual
Single
12 posts
130 points
HEDONIST
Praedyth
DEZERAN MALIK
Offline / BLUE

Dez suddenly found it difficult to focus on the task at hand. Two of his favourite things in the world--a well-built ship, and a well-built woman--were vying for his brain’s processing power; and for once in his life he didn’t have a smart-ass comment planned. So instead he followed Nyles quietly through the bridge, stealing glances at the curve of her hips, chewing his lip like a boy being led to the principal’s office--or the girls' locker room, take your pick.

He found relief in distraction as they reached the cockpit and immediately busied himself with the preflight checklist; even through they weren’t actually going anywhere, it was standard procedure to go through the motions before starting the engines. Though, really, he just needed to get his hands on something before they...did things.

Remember, she’s a Silver. So even if she’s not just kidding around...what do you expect to happen? Not only did he need the job, but he actually liked Nyles, and wouldn’t want her to become another name on the long list of failed flings. Chill out. Have fun.

Of course, just as he tucked himself into the pilot’s chair, Dez realised he’d forgotten to pop the magnetic anchors, nested just beside the co-pilot’s chair. Time to play along. He reached across Nyles, moving slowly enough to let her imagine where his hand might be going, allowing himself to brush just a bit too close for just a bit too long as he released the handle. “Sorry, almost forgot,” he said, somewhat tongue-in-cheek. “Alright, here goes nothing.”

No matter how many times he’d done it before, nothing could ever prepare Dez for the feeling of syncing with a ship. It was something he could only describe as having your mind dropped into a bigger body; the old one is still there, but it becomes so small and insignificant, it may as well not be. He could feel the power running through the engines; the data moving between parts of the ship; he could even feel Nyles sitting in the co-pilot's chair, soft and warm.

The menagerie of digital flowers and circuitry on his arm began to pulsate and glow in tune with the heart of the ship. Albatross’ EMR field came online as soon as he fed some power to the engines; a fortunate side effect of the engine itself. In the very least, it would act as a buffer and keep the ship from knocking into those around it should something go awry. The field was invisible, but Dez could feel it like static on his skin.

His hands swam over the control panel of their own volition, guided no longer by him but also by the ship’s will. Pushing two EMR fields together was like trying to push two positive magnets together; it just didn’t work. Dez used that to his advantage, slowly and steadily firing the engine, causing the field to oscillate and rub against the fields of the ships around it. Like a giant rolling out of bed, Albatross began laboriously to pivot; he controlled the momentum with reverse pseudo-thrust, bringing the ship to a gentle stop as its nose approached degree zero.
It wasn’t perfect, but damn near close to it. Dez quickly moved through the parking checklist, shutting down the engines and re-engaging the magnetic anchor lest his parking job go to waste.

Disconnecting from the ship was like waking from a vivid dream, only to have the memories of that dream fade away as consciousness took over. Doors in his mind were closed and removed altogether, and he was left feeling somewhat small and empty as he was pulled from pure logic and dropped back into his animal brain. And, being back in its native environment, his mind resumed its dance around the innuendo of Nyles’ words.

“Still in one piece?”

pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

»AFFILIATES
Resources & Directories
RPG-D RPG Initiative
TopSites (vote for us daily!)
RP Lovers Shadowplay Topsites
Static
Ark City Only Super
Scrolling

TOGGLE C-BOX